Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Day 5 - A Spontaneous Moment in Your Life That Turned Out To Be Fantastic!!! #26DayBlogChallenge



The funny thing about this post is that I KNOW it is going to cause SO much controversy! 
But you know what? I really couldn't care less. 

Just a week ago, I went on a hike... topless. 

It wasn't on a nudist beach, nor was it a busy one. 
I wasn't showing off my body or flaunting - I was just being comfortable in my own skin and when people came past me I'd scurry to find my shawl and cover up for the first ten minutes... but then I got used to it. 


It was fun! Liberating.Breezy.. Free!

At the end of the day, they are just breasts. They are exactly the same as what men have, just with some extra chunks of fat inside.... and it felt so amazing to feel the sun on those under-exposed spots, feel the wind brushing against them. It didn't feel dirty or wrong. It felt happy! 

The point of this post was to express a time in my life that I felt spontaneous, free and wild. This was that for me. 

Yes. at first I was petrified of people seeing me topless. But who actually CARES!? Is it anything that anybody hasn't seen before? No. No it isn't. And it wasn't done in a slutty way. It was just being confident and open.

In Europe, this sort of thing is considered natural. Here in South Africa or even in places such as England and America, we seem to be SO much more close-minded to this sort of behaviour and I find that really sad. Admittedly, I was exactly the same until recently. I felt like my body was this sort of sacred temple (well, it still is!) but now I've had my horizons broadened. GO to Europe... hell, if you're in South Africa then go to the nudist beach in Cape Town! I didn't even know that there was one THERE!! It's amazing. 

People of all shapes and sizes go to the beach and just relax. You don't need to worry about stretch marks or cellulite. 
Of course it is daunting at first to remove your top and / or more but within moments you realise this: It's OK!!! 

I'm planning on going to nudist beaches and just living life wild and free, gaining self-confidence and feeling more comfortable in my own skin far more often now. 

It felt truly magical and beautiful.... and of course naughty considering it wasn't a nudist beach! It was fantastic. 



I wouldn't post the actual unedited photos from the day because to be honest that isn't what this post is about. I don't want naked photos floating around the internet - this is just to show you how free and above all: 'HAPPY!' I was. Also to hopefully show you that the world and these awesome things open to us aren't that scary at all!

I had an amazing day.... and plan to have many, many more. 

Spontaneous? Definitely. 
Fantastic...? Beyond words can describe.

post signature

9 comments:

  1. well, in india its not considered natural but i believe one shpuld live the way he/she likes and not accoding to what society says.
    great courage you have sweety
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, in india its not considered natural but i believe one shpuld live the way he/she likes and not accoding to what society says.
    great courage you have sweety
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! When I went to Greece, every beach I visited was topless. It wasn't a big deal. Ladies of all shapes and sizes reclined in their lounge chairs free, and no one batted an eye. It took a little while to get used to, but when I did, I didn't even notice it. Great post :)

    Marshall | http://thetallblondeblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Topless is nothing wrong... I do get tan topless due to practical reason:i hate white stripes on my body left after swimsuit,esp when I wanna wear strapless dress... I do understand the controversy aspect of it, ina place where I have been born it still not very well seen.... Enjoy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so brave of you, well done! It seems ridiculous that being yourself should be a brave thing doesn't it? I wish there was t so much weirdness around going topless, like you said, they're pretty much the same as what men have! I really hope you don't get any negatively from this post, it must have taken a lot of courage to post.
    Jodie xx
    www.santersgrotto.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there a timer on your camera.. or did you go with someone.......? ;)
    Totally scandalous, I could never do anything like that..! Whatever floats your boat Jade.. Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the beach is one place you can just let your hair down and just relax... Looks like you had a great time. If you would like to follow each other on Google friends Connect , my link is below , i always follow back. Thanks

    StyleandBeautyLounge


    ...............

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I wouldn´t have courage to do that, I admire you for that. You look so happy and the pic is really fantastic. It depends on what corner of Europe you´re in, Slovakia is part of Europe, but it would seem controversial here. It think that maybe in France, it´s okay. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  9. My fiance and I were just talking about this. We are planning on hitting up a nude beach during our next euro trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade