Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Day 3 - I Am Currently Addicted To This TV Show #26DayBlogChallenge



The TV series that I am currently addicted to is…… 


Californication!

I cannot begin to tell you how many people have recommended this series to me. Most are completely baffled when I admit that I haven’t seen it before.

Hearing from these people what it was all about definitely made me think that it was my cup of tea so while waltzing about the Cape Town Waterfront just last week, I picked the first season up and couldn't say no.

It’s based on an (alcoholic) writer whose a bit of a nymph. Fabulous!

But trust me, the story-line goes way deeper than that. I've only really just started so I can't really say much as of yet, but I can tell you that a few episodes in and I'm already hooked. 

The main character, Moody (David Duchovny from The X-Files,) struggles through his inability to avoid chaos, drugs, sex and rock n roll. He's got this incredibly intelligent 12-year daughter and you watch as he continuously mucks up every chance he gets at getting back together with her mother. 

It is disastrous, entertaining and a perfected balance between humor and sadness.


I find this series (and David Duchovny..) truly irresistible. 
Plus... movies, series and books based on writers are always front-runners for me.

What series have you been watching lately?
 

 
post signature

7 comments:

  1. Californication is good. It never ceases to shock you!

    I love Orange is the new black and Homeland. Both are binge-worthy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw one epizode of it and I really liked it too. When I heard about it for the first I didn´t think it could be something for me, but it is. I´m series addict, I watch about 4 or 5 series, like Teen Wolf or Doctor Who. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Hubby has this series and keeps telling me that I would love it. Maybe I should listen to him and give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just addicted to my son and hardly get any time for any series/show!! By the way you look stunning! I wish I had those beautiful eyes! <3

    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love californication... seen every episode, hope you keeping your head up and enjoying every minute of freedom ;). Thank you so much for featuring me in your post it means a whole lot to me.

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't watched it but heard lots of rave reviews! BTW you look stunning in the photo!
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen it... honestly we haven't had cable in years now :(, I think the last show I was addicted to was Nashville.

    Silvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade