Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, August 25, 2014

Day 20 - Photographs of Yourself 2 Years Ago #26DayBloggingChallenge



I took the weekend off from this blogging challenge. I guess that means I pretty much failed - as the point of the challenge is to write one post every day, right? But let's be honest... writing a post every single day for nearly a month straight is pretty difficult to stick to.


Anyway... I had such an incredible weekend, with an equally incredible guy with handsome blue eyes and a smile that makes you melt. We're taking things very slowly though, which is perfect for me - and by 'incredible' I mean that we just connect so easily. He makes me feel good. We chat about anything and everything. Laugh and smile and goof around. It feels natural and fun when we're together and it has been a long time since I've felt a connection quite like it.
Once again though, I really don't want to get my hopes up. I really don't think I could handle more heartache and tears right now. I'm a sensitive person with a big heart and I have always tried to go into something by jumping straight in with both feet; what I like about this is that it isn't pressurized or rushed. We're dipping our toes in first and so far, so good. I think it has the potential to turn into something truly beautiful.

I think the best thing to do in any situation is take it day by day. Don't try and build it up as something so high that if it doesn't work, you're only left harder and longer to fall.

Don't enter a relationship with this crazy mind-set that this is 'The One' and start planning your massive future together. That's scary shit, bra! 
Focus solely on falling in love with one another first - and take it from there. Engagements, marriage, babies and all that chaos will come later, in it's own time. Don't force it - otherwise you're working yourselves up for failure and disappointment. 

Anyway. 

Friday night he invited me to be his date at this fancy dinner up at Simola. 
I got to dress up in a sparkly black strapless dress and heels. It was just divine. In Knysna, you really don't get to dress up often so it felt good to go all out. 

On Saturday I had a girly day with my mum. We went to a stunning cafe for breakfast where I had a Bloody Mary and Eggs Hollandaise. Thereafter we did some shopping in town. I splurged out on quite a few things like a new pair of jeans, a shirt and some new leggings. I even got to see my nephew, who has just started crawling properly!! 



He's progressing so quickly these days, from starting to say the word, 'Dada' to crawling across the room - it is too touching for words. 
Saturday night I met 'Blue Eyes' at a restaurant by the water and we ordered a bottle of delicious white wine while we waited for takeaway pasta and pizza. 
Back at his place we watched a movie (which was horrendous!!) and just had a lovely quiet night in with his cat. 

Then, Sunday... :) 
(the absolute best day I have had in a long time)
We went for breakfast together down by the water again before popping open a bottle of bubbly on some train tracks above the ocean and watched two whales playing in the waves. It was so romantic. We then strolled hand in hand around a mall which felt so good - it's been a long time since I've held hands and walked around with someone. Simple little things like that just make me feel so good. The normality of being with someone - you can't beat it, can you? 
After some shopping we hopped over the the ten pin bowling club and I kicked his ass at bowling ;) 
Then he kicked mine in pool. 
We finished the weekend off with a drink at a local beach bar called Pili Pili before calling it a night and I headed home to spend quality time with my cats and he did the same with his. 
Something about yesterday was just perfect. I had such a fabulous time laughing and joking and just bonding. 

And now I just can't stop smiling.  

Right.. back to the point of this post... here are some photographs of me 2 years ago. 
A surfing, musical blondie. I don't really think much has changed besides my hair color and length.

Playing the guitar.

Off for a surf.



Cruising around on a yacht.

Back then I was as much of a free-spirited, happy-go-lucky, smiley and goofy person as I am today. I'm just me. I don't try to be something I'm not and I have absolutely no need to be - because I am content and peaceful and just stoked with life. 

Have a good week ahead! 
post signature

7 comments:

  1. breaking the blogging everyday commitment for such a beautiful weekend acceptable , actually more than acceptable
    I am happy and shocked also that despite everything being so perfect with Mr. Blue eye you are taking it slow
    everything sounds so romantic
    i like that you are yourself with him
    a kiss your your nephew , MMuuaahhhhh
    and girl you look so different , now you look like a very calm and controlled girl , back then you look like a free bird
    holi is in March every year , so do plan for march to enjoy the colors :) cannt wait to meet u
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I´m so happy for you, I know it´s too early, but hope it will last. Sounds like you had really great weekend. Your nephew is soo cute, I bet all members of family now have to take care about him, where he can get while crawling. Great pics of you, it´s a little bit strange to see you with blond hair. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you had an awesome weekend! These photos are so cute <3

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful in these pictures! <3

    Have a lovely week ahead!
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving everything about this post. Firstly, your new, possibly beautiful flame. You deserve every happiness, Jade. And these old photos of you! Well, not old, but, 24 months old? I love seeing the different incarnations of selves.

    What a beauty.

    I also love how you call it "takeaway". The little things that change across oceans, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh I'm glad you've met someone. I met my 'blue eyes' nine years ago.. and we made a little 'blue eyes' of our very own seven years later. Ya just never know......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade