Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Friday, May 30, 2014

Works Weekly Fashion

Wow. It's been a while since I've done one of these posts. 

After looking through a bunch of old photographs to compile a really personal lifestyle post recently, I got pretty nostalgic.
I have SO many lovely clothes spilling out of my cupboards but I hardly ever wear them anymore - so this week I decided to funk up my fashion a bit and it felt so refreshing!

Monday:




I went for a wintery silver look with this long-sleeved (ancient) glitter dress I own, a musky pink beaded necklace, some leg warmers and a grey snood all paired with my May Shoes of the Month. I had on a waist-belt and showed off my new Polo handbag - which was my little birthday spoil that I treated myself to.

I spent my lunch break in the travel agent inquiring about a little trip away....... to....

Ireland!  

My travel bug is not yet over... nor do I think it will ever be - and planning this trip is so exciting. It will definitely be this year.. that is all I know for now!!
If you have any places to suggest I visit please let me know!

Of course I'll do Dublin, Galway and Limerick.. so any bars or historic buildings, landmarks and must-see places will be a fabulous help for me!

Thank you!!

Tuesday:




I was feeling very French today. 

During my lunch break I went to this gorgeous cafe called Mon Petit Pain where I ordered a box full of macarons and sat out in their courtyard in black and white stripes and a beret. 

I paired my maxi dress with some pink peep toe heels, a matching pink beret and some swirly silver earrings. What a great day. 




Wednesday:




I desperately wanted to wear my May shoes of the month again - I am really loving them! When I bought them I also bought this leopard print button up seen above.

I was never previously sure if I liked leopard print or not and wasn't confident that I could really pull it off.... I'm still not sure if animal print is really a 'Jade Thing' to wear... but it was interesting to experiment with what I had in my wardrobe and mix them with something new and daring.

The working day was crazy because it is end of month so I am busy busy with admin work but still I'm finding time to do what I do best... have fun! :) 

I met my friend Ashley at Mo's on Rex on Wednesday evening for a few beers. Just another great, great day!    


Thursday:


Thursday was another fabulous day - although I only had gone to bed at 3am the previous night due to a pajama party at a local bar... I managed to pull through the day. 

I even receieved a wonderful parcel from my friend in Canada - which you can read more about in the previous post. 

I spent the evening relaxing with my family, watching series in front of the crackling fire after devouring a 10 page hand-written letter from my intercontinental 'pen-pal' - bliss.

Friday:


Today was cold! 

I have decided that I am the worlds #1 procrastinator! I'd set my alarm for 6am and was determined to pull on some sweat pants and a hoodie and go for a run around the island this morning.... but when I saw the weather outside I just crawled further under the covers and slept for another hour. 

Today's look was for pure warmth and comfort, with my favorite 'jeggings,' boots and thick tribal printed chunky sweater. I also had my most sentimental and favorite necklace, the 'OM' symbol hanging from my neck. 

Tonight, after a little trip to the spa this afternoon to get my nails done, I am cooking dinner for my family. I have no idea what I'll be preparing just yet but I'm in such a creative mood - so some experimenting will definitely be done!


How was your working week blogger friends? I hope it was as wonderful as mine - never stop smiling and sharing the love!

Enjoy the weekend!
x
post signature

30 comments:

  1. Great looks, you should definitely wear them more often. My favs are Monday and Wednesday looks. Hope you had success with the "experiment food". :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep forgetting that you're on the other side of the world from me, so it's cold for you right now. Well, you winter/fall style is on point! Inspiration for when winter rolls around next year!

    Audrey
    www.lululinden.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is weird to see all your summery posts and think - brrrrrr!! :) hehehe

      Delete
  3. I like the Monday's and Tuesday's outfits! This maxi dress is so cool!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I loved your black and white look too xxxx

      Delete
  4. I'm loving monday and tuesday the most! I work from home and am a real slob so am always in shorts and ratty old tees :)
    Keep in touch
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sometimes I have to get dressed nicely even if I am just staying in... to make me feel good hahaha xx

      Delete
  5. I really like that jacket in your Thursday outfit! And those macarons look so yummy :)
    http://memandco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is one of my favorite jackets and I've had it for years too :)
      Macarons..... my absolute favorite... I love Thursdays :)

      Delete
  6. Love this post girl! All your outfits are SO cute! A trip to Ireland sounds SO amazing :) Can't wait to hear updates about your planning. I love the long black & white dress with the beret! You look gorgeous!

    XOXO
    Ashley
    ashleyspassionforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley!!! Hehe so many plans but going to take some time I think :D

      Delete
  7. Thursday !!! Love love loved Thursday's outfit; everything about it. Who takes your pictures? I'm just curious because you're good at posing for them. I suck at posing and you do such a good job. I wonder if it's your mom or dad or if you set up the timer..! Your Thursday boots are awesome too by the way. Great fashionable week you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh thank you Haley!! Me too!! Hahahaha who takes my pictures........... it is a timer I'm afraid ;)

      Delete
  8. I love you sense of style! My favorite is your Monday look <3 So chic!

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the striped maxi the best!!!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you!! I wasn't sure about that look the most as I was having such a bad hair day! hahahaha

      Delete
  10. I like all the looks but my favorite is definitely the friday look. It looks so casual, comfy and laid-back but in a way it interests me a lot. And that sweater looks really good on you! + those macarons looked delicious!
    Would you like to check out my blog?
    www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Joyce, thank you for your really sweet comment! I am trying to find a way onto your blog but I am really struggling to find a link!? Google + just has a bunch of things you've commented on??
      Hope you get this xxxx

      Delete
  11. Ireland sounds amazing! I have a bad case of wanderlust, I'm itching to go anywhere!
    PS-You had a lovely week of fashion, I love you in the maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go somewhere then - book a ticket and just go! Even just for a day... catch a train and close your eyes and get off after a certain amount of stops you have premeditated but have no idea where you'll land up... it is where you're supposed to go that day <3

      Delete
  12. You look beautiful, dear Jade! It's too hard to pick a fave amongst these three pics--all are fab! Ireland sounds luscious! That's somewhere I've always wanted to visit as well. Someday...I will. :) Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Tina!! There were 5 pics though?? Did the others not download for you!?

      Delete
  13. I love Monday and Wednesdays outfits, Jade. You are just way too cute.

    www.lavishingg.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh hehe thank you, Kierra :D
      So are you - such a pretty lady xxxx

      Delete
  14. I loveee Monday's and Friday's outfit! They look so cozy and chic! I hope you're doing well!
    xxx

    www.glamorousgirl2014.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all the outfits Jade, but Friday's is my favorite mainly because of that awesome sweater. I also really like your hair up like that, it displays your beautiful facial features.

    www.spanishmuse.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade