Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Thursday's Trio of Blessings

Blessing One: 
  
Today is my birthday.
I managed to make it through another year of life without breaking any bones, spraining any ankles, crashing my car (oh wait.. did that. Whoops), picking up a mass amount of body fat from the amount of Pringles I devour.. or dying.

Hurrah.
Success!
Here's to another year ahead of dodging bullets in life.

Blessing Two:

After getting kicked out of bed by my excitable mother this morning at 5am, I have received over 50 birthday messages, 4 massively slobbery dog kisses, a mass amount of cat hair all over my black work attire, a wonderful delivery of my favorite feta and butternut cous-cous salad for lunch, an incredibly special phone call from Canada, a handpicked single white rose, a bottle of deeeeelicious white wine from my French friend and some horrendous karaoke style Happy Birthday songs sang via a phone call or alternatively (and mortifyingly,) in person from my from my friends and family around the globe.
 
It's safe to say that I'm feeling pretty special - what more could you want for your birthday besides world peace and the day off work?

That's blessing enough for me :)

I'll be spending my evening at my absolute favorite Portuguese restaurant: O'pescador's (it's my tradition. I go to the same restaurant and have the same food (ladies rump steak followed by delicious orange pancakes) every single year. This is probably my 12th year going there. It is still under the same ownership - we don't even need to book a table anymore! They already have the best table in the house booked and ready for us when we arrive and are the most incredible hosts!)

Wine, steak and surrounded by family.... I couldn't ask for more.

Oh... and of course.. caaaaaaaaake.





Blessing Three:
(I just had to add this in - because I was in hysterics)

My dad still has both eyes and some form of eyebrows after I trimmed them with a pair of scissors. Phew.

They were horrendously hairy - and in need of a good clipping. 

It was, needless to say, hilarious.



How has your Thursday been??? Anything exciting and wonderful happen to you on this beautiful day to be alive?
I'd love to hear all about it. 

Love, light and happiness to all - and to all, a good night ;)
post signature

17 comments:

  1. oh happy birthday dear...god bless......
    keep in touch
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. U must be feeling so blessed after so many wishes :)
    Wish you a very very happy b'day. May good bless you and all your wishes come true
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Jade! It sounds like you had an eventful day full of so much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dessert looks amazing <3 such a great post! always something to be thankful for

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy, happy birthday--fellow Taurus friend! :) That cake looks soooo good, and a day off--followed by dinner sounds like a yummy way to spend your day!!! Enjoy! xx T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Tina! I hope you're special day is wonderful too xxx

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday Jade! Hope it was a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. belated happy birthday! may all of your dreams come true love <3

    Letters To Juliet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, dear! Sounds like you had a wonderful day! :) Sending love and positive thoughts your way ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Better late than never... Happy birthday girl!! I hope you had an amazing day with your family and friends (& lovers, if you have one at least haha) :)

    camstalks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you honey, it really is so sweet of you xxxxxx

      Delete
  10. See I suck at blogging right now! But HAPPY BIRTHDAY friend! I'm sad I missed the actual day!
    Sounds like you had a pretty good day though.. The food.. oh wow.. I would go there every year too- why not!?

    Hahaha.. Rob has horrendously long eyebrows too. I am always telling him to fix them. I even asked our hairdresser to trim them for him because she did it once and I was so impressed. (He goes to a barber now.. so I can't exactly ask him to do it. Darn it!)

    Glad you had a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Haley! It is OK, I understand!! You're poor house is enough - you must be going through so much stress lately. Not to worry but looking forward to catching up soon xxxx

      Delete
  11. Hope you had an amazing birthday! I trimmed my husbands eye brows once.. and I say "once" for a reason! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! I had the most wonderful birthday!
      Hahahaha ohhhh dear.... I can only imagine..

      Delete
  12. Hope you had great birthday day, sorry for late. The cake is so delicious. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade