Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, May 26, 2014

Inglot 420 Lipstick | Product Review


I found this lippy about a year ago while traveling through Europe.

I fell head over heels with the color and went on a mad hunt to find it all throughout London. 
My scavenger hunt was unsuccessful and I returned back home to South Africa Inglot-less - and for a full year I never did stop my search for it. 

Earlier this month I ventured up to the big city and went strolling through a mall where I saw a big black sign with bright white writing: INGLOT

I could not believe it! Finally...

Needless to say I darted over there and scoured their  trays of lipsticks until I found my beloved 420 - which I bought straight away regardless of it being end of the month and having very little to survive on until payday.  

I had no idea how popular it was until I spoke to the Inglot rep who mentioned that I was very lucky to have found it as usually they are out of stock. It is one of the most talked about lipsticks in the range and on very high demand. 

It is a stunning matte, lilac color that lasts for hours. It is bright and playful; a real head-turner. I just love the lilac / purple shade to it and find it so unique and quirky. 

As it is a dry, matte formula I would advise against using it with chapped lips as it could enhance the dryness. Application feels slightly odd at first because of the formula but once you've got it on it is so comfortable. It doesn't come off easily, not even when you're eating or drinking. It sticks to your lips snuggly but isn't sticky - if that makes any sense at all. Overall - I really love this lipstick.

The packaging is classic and chic - simple and elegant.

It is paraben free and is not tested on animals.

It probably does lean a little towards the expensive side but because I've been wanting it for as long as I have.. I would have given an arm and a leg for it! 

So happy with my new lippy added to my endless collection.

A woman's guilty little pleasure... 


This photograph was taken in Munich in May 2013:


 And this photograph was taken in South Africa in May 2014, wearing the exact same clothing and the same gorgeous Inglot 420 lipstick. 
So awesome to see it one year later wearing the exact same things!! Wow:

Oh.. the hat was on during the course of the day - but during the dinner I took it off. 

I was have a seriously bad hair day too... I still am. Gah.
 




post signature

26 comments:

  1. Amazing colour, it fits perfect on you ! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kriszti!! (That is such a beautiful name!)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful bright colour. I am just starting to wear bright colours, I love how they brighten your face up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey, yes they really just add that umph!!

      Delete
  3. You chose beautiful shade, it suits you a lot. I didn´t hear about the brand, but it looks really good. Great that it doesn´t go away with every food or drink. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that lip color and it looks amazing on you and I love your beanie, so cute!

    lavishingg.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kierra, I got it from Covent Garden in London xxx

      Delete
  5. Although I never heard of that brand its such a beautiful colour!
    Definitely not on me though! It looks great on you!

    http://enticedspice.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aisha! You'll be surprised - it suits so many people if it is paired with the correct clothing xxxx

      Delete
  6. Love the colour of this. You pull it off so well! Looks lovely. I might give it a try! x

    http://yourteendiaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inglot has really good products and this lipstick is great! Fabulous color and you look so pretty!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey - that's what I love about Inglot.. so many unique and quirky shades!

      Delete
  8. I love Inglot and the shade looks great on you. :)
    -Ru
    LOVESICKLILAC
    [If you would like to show support by following each other, let me know? :)]

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color looks really nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking lovely, Jade! I adore that sweet shade of lipstick! I haven't heard of Inglot until this point, but now I'm sold. These little indulgences are so important, aren't they? :) Big, big hugs! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tina! Ahh I hope you manage to find it :)

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh your comment made me so sad!! I can't believe people wouldn't come to your party :( what lame-os. You don't need them! Times like those suck but you do find out who you're true friends are. Im sorry to hear that though...This color is stunning and I love how it looks on you!!! Hope you had a great long weekend love

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexa, I guess there will always be some shitty people in the world|! Oh well. Thank you for your sweet comment xxxx

      Delete
  12. I love the color! Looks great on you <3 I love Inglot products, especially their eyeshadows!

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie!! I've never seen their eyeshadows before! x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade