Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, May 12, 2014

Vichy | NormaDerm Global Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care | Product Review




I don't know why, but I have been having such bad breakouts on my chin lately. I hate it!! They go all big and swollen - it's sore too! 
I've been told it's hormones. 
Bloody hell. 
Just my luck.

After applying minty toothpaste to my chin every night for over a fortnight (making me look like a complete moron and getting laughed at and teased by my folks), the pimples just kept coming - and I have never ever suffered from bad skin before! 
I can literally count how many pimples I've had in my life - so why the hell is it suddenly so bad!?

I went to Dis-Chem and spoke to a lady behind the counter who confirmed that it was definitely hormones. 
That's where you get breakouts if your hormones are going haywire.
Fantastic.

I asked her what product she would recommend and Vichy was what she suggested. 

I'd never heard of this French brand before and she told me I could really benefit from it with my combination skin, so she gave me a few samples to go home and try out before purchasing a bottle.  


After 24 hours, my skin was already feeling the effects. 
It had never felt so hydrated, smooth and wonderful!


Within a week, all of the lumps and bumps on my chin had vanished - all that remained was my annoying scarring from the pimples that had already unleashed their wrath onto my poor face. But that sort of scarring often fades within a few weeks so I was happy to cover it up with some concealer. 

Eventually, the tester sachet's that the shop assistant had provided me with had run out and I was mortified. Vichy had become my own personal facial drug. Yip. Sad.. but true.

Strapped for cash and with no salary coming in next month (details on that in a later post!) - I decided I needed to buy this cream regardless. 
So I marched off to the chemist desperate and needy for my Vichy Normaderm Global Anti-Imperfection Hydrating Care  product and purchased a bottle with my savings. 

I decided that I just couldn't live without it. Nope. No way. Couldn't.

This product targets a number of different skin problems such as:

  1. Blemishes
  2. Irregular Complexion
  3.  Pores
  4. Oily Skin
  5. Imperfection Marks
  6. Shininess
It states this on the packaging and although I don't really suffer from any of those - it really visibly improved my sudden breakout and made the world of difference to how my skin felt in general too!


Pros:

  • Paraben Free
  • Fragrance is mild and not over-powering. It's subtle and refreshing.
  • Non-greasy
  • You don't need to use much - one little blob of this cream is enough to cover and hydrate your entire face, so the bottle lasts for ages
  • Light - this green-tinged cream isn't 'heavy' or 'thick.' Although it feels and looks thick when you pump it into your hand, it feels light as a feather on your skin.
  • It comes with a pump so it's hygienic and neat.. non of the excess cream dries around the edges like sometimes happens with a tube.
  • Ideal for a make-up base.
  • Suitable for sensitive skin.

Cons:

  • Expensive - at just over R 200.00 ( around about 20 USD (I think.. online converter gave me that) ) this is one of the more pricey facial products I've tried - but LOVED. I suppose it completely depends on what you're willing to spend on your facial products. Personally, I don't use any facial wash etc. I wash my face with water and that's it. I don't even use a toner - so I can afford to splash out a leeeeetle more on a good face cream.



I think that I have finally found the facial product that is meant for me. 

I'm usually always swapping and changing brands and checking out what else is out there but when I finally find a product that I love to pieces - I can't imagine using anything else.

My skin feels incredible and revitalized and I would recommend it to anyone with a combination skin.

post signature

16 comments:

  1. nice review I love Vichy products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. Finally one product that really works. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing products dear!
    Lena
    http://skinnycature.com/2014/05/12/bella-vita-in-grado/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this review! I'm always on the lookout for new products and I've never heard of this one. A bit pricey, but I'm willing to try it if it produces good results :)

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!

    I couldn't pay $200 though. Eeps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jade, I've found (like you) that hydrating is the key to keeping the skin blemish-free. Unfortunately, I only discovered this a few years back... Great review! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina, thank you for the comment :) Glad I figured it out sooner rather than later, although you're stunning from what I can see!!

      Delete
  7. the best products are always the most expensive huh? Im glad it worked well for you though :) great review

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice products, love this brand
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a great product, I've never heard of it before. I'm going to go google it now and see if they have it in the US :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade