Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Thursday's Trio of Blessings

I'm reading a book at the moment where one of the characters writes down three blessings that occurred in her life at the end of each day. I adored the idea of doing that but thought that every day would be a bit of an overkill to share to the online world... especially as sometimes my blessings can get quite sarcastic (you'll see how later).

So welcome to Bohemian Muses: Thursday's Trio of Blessings

If I have the discipline to keep up with this as a weekly post - you'll be reading three blessings that happened to me during the 24 hours of my Thursday, every Thursday!
It's a great way to reflect on the day and appreciate the good things - no matter how small and insigificant they may seem.

Can I just add here that I know it's a blessing to be alive, to have food on the table and a roof over my head. I know and appreciate that - this is just a silly, fun post purely for my own wacky entertainment. 

So here's this Thursday's Trio of Blessings: 

  1. The hot chocolate hadn't run out when I woke up at 4am and couldn't fall back asleep. Reading in bed during the early hours of a misty morning with a mug of frothy Cadburys...
    Pure Bliss.

  • I did not run over my ex-boyfriends fiance. 
    I have no broken toes and no blisters from my heel wearing yesterday
    (even though I changed into slippers halfway through the day much to my bosses disgust!)



  • The market next to where I work finally stocked my favorite Chilli Olives.
Nom nom nom.
How has your Thursday been? I hope it was as blessing filled as mine was (haha).


post signature

23 comments:

  1. Haha I love numbers 1 and 2! I can totally relate because I also like enjoying a cup of hot chocolate when I'm reading a good book. And I'm lucky if I don't get any blisters from some of the shoes I wear lol.

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing beats hot chocolate - not even wine.
      Gasp.
      Did I really just say that????

      Shame on me.

      Delete
  2. I love olives. Also I am commenting because you told me to remind you to add me on GFC, and I love that you care enough to have me do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you for the reminder lovely lady - I will try again now! Don't know what's been up with GFC on my silly work computer xxx

      Delete
  3. Well I so appreciate this post, you just reminded that we must acknowledge each and every thing that we get..
    Have hot coco every in the morning , yummy..
    Hight heels and no blisters, that's really a blessing
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww lovely - thank you for the comment PoojA X

      Delete
  4. Those chili olives look yummy :)

    This post makes me think of something my boyfriend and I do at night before we go to bed (ok not every night, but most nights), we share our high and low moments of the day and something we learned (it's more from a philosophical perspective, not like learning a new program haha). It's a nice way to end the day.

    I'm looking forward to this weekly post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are divine, I am SO addicted :)

      Love the idea of what you and your boyfriend do - such a sweet way to remember and appreciate the day.

      Delete
  5. Mmm, I'll take some hot chocolate.

    Olives, no. I do not like olives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me ages to like olives - it also took a trip to London and a show at the Royal Opera House.. that did it. I have been converted.

      Delete
  6. What a fab trio of blessings! I can especially relate to the "no blisters" when heel wearing! I am hoping for such luck tomorrow--wearing new shoes and walking to a meeting downtown... :0 My Thursday's trio includes a visit to the salon, sipping a cup o' chocolate-orange tea and a day without workplace incidents. :) Joy & hugs! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I knew you would relate Tina! Oooo how did your walk go!?!?
      Chocolate-Orange tea.... well. That sounds freaking AMAZING... Where can I get it?!? <3

      Delete
  7. the heels look great on you and I love the cross out "running over the ex's fiance" nice! Also, those chili olives look amazing! I've been looking for these habanero stuff olives since I bought and consumed a jar from the farmers market years ago!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yes, that was only part joke. I still resent them both ;)
      No - I am happy for them. I just would prefer it if they could move to the opposite side of the globe - so that I never had to see them. Never. It just sucks.

      Delete
  8. Oh, great post sweetie! I love that cup BTW! ;)

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Blog Post: [Beauty & Style] .5 Ways To Instantly Improve Your Look.
    Previews Blog Post: [Outfit Idea] .A Colorful Scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a gift to me - made personally <3 spoiled lucky girl xxx

      Delete
  9. Wait...what was that about your ex's fiancee? Haha. Those shoes are AWESOME. I bet you looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha. Great idea. I´m glad if my feet survive high heels too. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never gotten up at 4 am to read with hot chocolate. But why not!? Something I'll have to consider one day.. (Although I did get up at 6:30 one Saturday, so I could try to catch up on blog reading!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade