Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Sunday, June 16, 2019

I'm Going to Write a Book!

I'm going to write a self-help book! 

My immediate family laughed at me this afternoon when I made this announcement. They were all, 'YOU!? Write a self-help book!? Why don't you help yourself first before trying to help other people.' Yes.
It was mean.
I agree.
HOWEVER... 
Having just been through my one hundred and thirteen billionth breakup (but hey, who's counting?) I've had a lot of very sweet messages from friends and followers over the past two weeks and their messages all pretty much boil down to the fact that a) I've been through A LOT of shit and b) I always seem to land on my feet.

Right now I'm clearly feet up in the air feeling pretty bloody sorry myself but facts are facts and at some stage once the grief and self-pity has passed the truth is YES.... I do end up landing on my feet.
I'm like a cat.... but with a fuck more lives than 9 to keep me going after all the shit I've been through!!!

So here it is... 

I predominantly write fiction.
Thrillers to be exact.... 
But I've come to realise that if I can help just ONE other person in the world then that will make my life complete so I'm going to write a self-help book. 
God knows if it's ever going to go anywhere because from what I know you have to be relatively well known for books like that to make it in the industry but who bloody cares at this point? 

This book will be about all the nitty gritty in life that so many people hide and refuse to speak out about. It's not only going to be about living a life with anxiety and depression and having a history of self-harm but it's also going to be about breakups in general, feeling excluded, social anxiety, body dysmorphia, comfort eating, alcoholism, narcotics, abusive relationships, trust-issues, the lies of brave faces, being sexually assaulted, feeling unlovable, the motions of breakups and SLOWLY becoming enough to be WHO YOU REALLY ARE..... (that's the part I'm going through right now.. the others I either already have or am currently battling through too). 

I don't want it to be a depressing book even though it sounds it from all the aforementioned delightful traits people like me possess..... 
I want to help people..... because like I've been told lately, no matter what it is I go through somehow I DO end up landing on my feet and not pulling the proverbial trigger on the gun (only because there isn't a real one to pull... KIDDING..... sometimes...).

I want to help others land on their feet too.... even if it's just one other person. 
I just want to help other people going through a rough time and give them something relate-able... something they can understand and feel and comprehend. I want to show them I know what it's like, maybe not EXACTLY because everyone's shit is different - but the way those things make them feel, the things they do that cocks things up in their lives and the potential things they could do to fix not their actions but THEMSELVES is what I want to focus on.

That's my new project..

I'm thinking of calling it, 'How to (Somehow) Always Land on Your Feet,' by Jade Lee Wright.




post signature

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade