Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Shoes of the Month | April

Yippie, yippie yay! I'm doing my Shoes of the Month post today!

This month's shoe post has been pretty late - mainly because I bought two pairs of gorgeous shoes. My big mistake however was that I bought two SEEMINGLY gorgeous shoes from a really cheap store. 

Did I mention 'BIG' mistake?!

Both shoes that I bought have already broken. What a waste of money.

So... as Autumn is in full gear now and winter is looming closer - I thought why not actually go to a REAL store and buy some boots that will get me through not one month, but perhaps actually a few winters and years!?

So without further ado...


I love them. They are snug and warm - comfortable.. padded on the inside, good quality and an amazing brown color. I love the buckles and zips - they're just great. 

It is more than I would EVER spend on a pair of shoes to be honest - a whopping R 650.00. But, that being said, it is so worth it. They aren't going to fall apart like my last two did. I think rather saving your cash and spending it on something of better quality is the right way to go. Goodbye cheap shitty stores. I will not miss you. 

I'm really not usually the type to buy nice shoes or spend heaps of money on glam clothing etc. I'm a traveler.... a bit of a hippy... so what's the point, right?? Well... every once in a while, spoiling yourself is nice. There's no doubt about it. 

I've worn my new shoes nonstop for the last few days. 

Here is what I wore them with this morning:




I paired my new boots with some jeggings (leggings that look like jeans.. yes I love them), a creamy sequenced vest and my peach blazer that I bought in Amsterdam last year. Oh, I'm also rocking a darker hairstyle and I've snipped my fringe. Hey, it's my birthday soon.... spoils ahoy! 

These shots were taken just before I left for work. My nephew has been coming to visit all week long because of all the holidays here in South Africa. So every morning before I drive my little blue Micra along the lagoon road to the gallery - I get to steal some of his gurgles and smiles. Blessed!!!




post signature

12 comments:

  1. Ohhh how lucky!! Those boots are absolutely gorgeous. I loooooooove them. 650 .. I'm trying to convert that into dollars. I wonder how much that would be..! Sounds like a lot but if you have them for a long time it will all be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely lady! Uhhh - well I can't be assed to go onto the online converter right now... but R 650.00 is enough for a reeeeally fancy dinner for two plus a GOOD bottle of wine. Probably.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jade!!!! Good choice this boots!!!! They seem comfortable. And they match very well to your leggings! I'm a blogger from Italy. If you want, take a look at my blog and let me know what you think. Kisses,
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super comfortable - thank you for your comment. Checking out your page now x

      Delete
  3. Great purchase. They´re really great and versatile. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boots are so great, you will wear those for years. I agree, you get what you pay for, cheap shoes usually fall apart and even end up messing up your feet and lower back. Happy Wednesday!

    5th avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady - hope you're having a lovely week so far x

      Delete
  5. Winter us approaching!! For us in I did its boiling hot..
    I u d'état and spending more than one actually wants on a really good pair of shoes. These boots are nice , I'm sure they will last you for years..
    Lucky u your nephew is visiting u, he is too cute
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pooja - absolutely loooove them!!! My shoe collection is growing :)

      Delete
  6. Love the boots :) I agree -- I'm starting to invest more better quality shoes (that will never go out of style), versus having a bunch of cheap trendy stuff that last for one season and end up being outdated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think style will come and go.. but lasting for a long time is another thing :)
      PLus - if something is outdated.. rock it and bring it back ;)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade