Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Perfume


How important is perfume to you?

When you get dressed in the morning for work or dressed for a night out – does perfume play a role in how you feel?
Personally, perfume puts me on an entirely different level of self-confidence. That might be strange to admit, but it is true. When you smell nice, it is an automatic addition to your energy, confidence and outfit. Different perfumes match different occasions.

For instance… my every day perfume that I have adored for years is Dolce and GabbanaThe One. Nothing quite beats how this perfume makes me feel.

It is a zesty combination of quite a few of my favorite things, which explains why I like it as much as I do. It contains Madonna Lily, Mandarin and a hint of juicy Peach all enveloped into a rich vanilla and oriental floral scent that lingers on your skin for hours. It is so feminine and soft - yet oozes out a strength and confidence that just states the obvious, this perfume really is The One!

Then, the other day, I decided to spoil myself.
 One thing I have always dreamed about owning is anything by Jimmy Choo… but I never allowed myself to buy the shoes because I am far too clumsy and would literally die if I scuffed Jimmy Choo heels on the first day of purchasing them (and I wouldn’t put it past me to do so either!).
That is why, when I saw this glittering box in the perfume section of Dischem the other day, I couldn’t resist.


The Jimmy Choo perfume is far cheaper than I would have expected it to be and more subtle than Dolce and Gabbana - The One. They are two very different scents – yet I adore them both.
Flash by Jimmy Choo is filled with citrus and spicy contrasts as well as refreshing tones of cucumber and mild jasmine.
It is a light perfume and for Jimmy Choo I must admit that I was expecting a bit more 'va-va-voom' from them but I do enjoy this fragrance a lot.
It changes overtime, starting out as a very  sweet and fruity fragrance which I wasn't too fond of at first. I actually sprayed it on in the shop, then walked away to do the rest of my shopping before deciding that it was actually quite nice. It slowly turns into a more powdery, subtle scent as it settles on your skin.

It doesn't linger on the skin as long as my Dolce and Gabbana perfume does which was a disappointment.
I'm not sure if I'd rush to buy this specific Jimmy Choo perfume again but that's not to say that I won't still hold high hopes to find something in their fragrance range that I might enjoy more.

Lastly… this bottle has a beautiful story to tell:


Boucheron was the first ever perfume that my dad bought my mum!

My mum had given me the half-used bottle when I turned 18, after I'd always sneak into her closet to spray a little bit on from time to time. How I thought she wouldn’t be aware that I was doing so, I have no idea.
I loved this perfume so much until I had used nearly every last drop. Now, six years later, there is ONE drop (literally) left in the bottle and throughout all of these years it is the one perfume that I have saved and promised myself I would wear on my wedding day - not only because it is so divine and classy but also because of the story behind it being the first perfume my dad ever bought my mum. It is special to me and my family.

While my mum and I were exploring the perfume boutique my mum stumbled across this perfume and went wild! We had thought that the range had been discontinued years ago because we hadn't seen it around for so long! Needless to say, we did buy one bottle, especially after the shop assistant told us that is really was being discontinued now.

It was incredibly expensive but because of what it means to us, we would have paid any price to snag one of the last bottles available.

Although we now have a brand new bottle filled with this divine fragrance, it is still one that personally, I will only wear on extremely special occasions.

Boucheron is another floral based fragrance with jasmine, orange and citrus undertones as well as sandalwood, amber and vanilla.
It is wonderfully powdery and lasts for hours. It has been recommended for evening wear.

It's pretty safe to say that the floral and citrus scent is definitely one that I seem to lean more towards without even knowing it! 

So there you have it - these are the three perfumes in my life at the moment.

I am extremely picky when it comes to perfume and have only enjoyed a few other specific fragrances in the past... and they are:

Jean Paul Gaultier






J'adore Dior

 
Christina Aguilera



What are some of your favorite perfumes?

post signature

36 comments:

  1. I really want to try that Jimmy Choo perfume, seems perfect!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore perfume and having a signature scent. I wore Jean Paul Gautier and Boucheron for years!! Now my favourite is Tori Burch. I've heard such good things about Flash though... I'll definitley have to check it out! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh wow lovely to know we have similar taste! I haven't smelt Tori Burch yet but I will look out for it :)

      Delete
  3. j adore 4 ever<3
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/2014/04/pastele-rzadza.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfume is one thing that turns me in and my biggest fear us to smell bad..
    I use Dior one and dream of having Jimmy choo
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting fear! :D
      I'm scared of falling and spiders.. uurrrrgh....

      Jimmy Choo <3 Love it sooo much.

      Delete
  5. For years, I only wore Chanel No. 5. Then, I discovered Anais Anais (about 25 years ago). She's been my one and only ever since. :) Lovely post, Jade! We women love and "own" our perfumes--no doubt. T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I love Chanel no 5.. such a classy and elegant scent. I couldn't have imagined anything else on you actually! :)

      Delete
  6. My favorite perfume is Dolce & Gabbana Anthology 3 L'Imperatrice Perfume. It's such a different beautiful scent.

    http://cdaydreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If its Dolce and Gabbana then I'm sure its good! Will look out for it next time I'm in the stores :) Thank you x

      Delete
  7. Great post! My favorite perfume is Peace Love & Juicy by Juicy Couture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another one I haven't heard of before! Will definitely keep an eye out for it, thanks, Melanie x

      Delete
  8. Rob is big on cologne but not in a choke and sputter kind of way. It was one of the first things I noticed about him (besides his blue eyes).. and I remember smelling my shirt after Rob and I would part because I always smelled a little like him.
    He wears Giorgio Armani Acqua for men. I wear Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gioia For Life. (They go together.. aren't we cute..)
    Rob taught me a little trick; if you want to smell good but not have it be too overpowering, pour a little water into your hand and then spray the perfume into your hand. The water trickles out and then you rub your wet hands on your arms, neck, wherever. I do that before work because I work in pharmacy and it's not good to have a powerful scent there. But I also really do feel like I'm 'dressing' up when I splash on some perfume!

    I love the story of your mama's perfume. How seriously special. Did you spray that last drop yet? If not, you should still save THAT bottle for your wedding day.. it would be so special. (Although if you did already use it- wearing the scent from any bottle, will still make it special!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing better than a man that smells good - mmmm mmm mmm :)
      Ahh I love the idea of matching scents!! hehe! I'd love to do that with the mens Dolce and Gabanna Sport... smells divine I tell you!!

      Ahh that is such a good trick!! Thank you for sharing it!!

      Nah.. still saving that little last drop for that one special day regardless :) xxxx

      Delete
  9. great post! I love love love perfume (especially the bottles)...I want to try that Boucheron perfume! Such a cute story about your parents!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bottles are such a nice touch - I get so sad when a great perfume is in a boring or an ugly bottle... sad but true hahaha

      Delete
  10. I love Boucheron. Omg I can't believe that bottle lasted that long. I have so many favorites perfumes. Angelique by Creed is one of them. Sadly it got discontinued. Thanks for following. I followed you back on Bloglovin (Mira De Vils) and Facebook :D. Hope we stay in touch :D

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I am so surprised that so many people know Boucheron!! I had no idea it was so popular :)
      Awesome - thank you for the support xxx

      Delete
  11. Currently loving Balenciaga Florabotanica...I am a perfume junkie! It's my finishing touch before I leave the house everyday...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have so many favourites among perfumes...Different fragrance for differnt mood, attitude or expectation before we going out...My choice: ARMANI CODE; HER (by Roberto Cavalli), POEME (by Lancome) etc. Actually, all are lets say OLD but for me very powerful.
    Love, Sily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to look out for these perfumes - thanks for sharing them :)

      Delete
  13. There's such a cute story behind scents, I love the story with your mum and dad!
    You're right that scents make you feel confident and different! Can't live without! I love DKNY Be Delicious!!
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo another one added to my list to look for! Thank you xxx

      Delete
  14. Great post! I love See by Chloé!

    Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know, xx
    http://tous-les-saints.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yet another one I haven't smelt before! All these new options is exciting for next time I go perfume shopping :)

      Delete
  15. I love Juicy Culture and Armani.Nice post!
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful story about your mum's perfume! I think perfume can be really special- if I walk past someone wearing my mum's favourite scent that she wears a lot, it makes me instantly think of her, so it definitely evokes nice memories! Lovely post :). Alice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh saddest thing happened the other day - I was in the pottery house making a pot and a disabled guy asked me what perfume I wear. Turned out he and his girlfriend were in a terrible accident and she passed away, I wear the same perfume that she did. So sad :( I felt awful.

      Delete
  17. I usually put on perfume at the very end of getting ready and it feels like the cherry on top, I like to layer it over the matching body lotion. My all time favorites are Versace Bright Crystal and Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade