Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, July 31, 2014

My Blogging Dinner Party

These days, everyone seems to have this little fantasy going on about hosting a celebrity dinner party and sharing who they would invite along to theirs.

I thought of something a little bit different...

The whole point about blogging (besides writing,) is to connect with people from all over the world. So today, I'll be sharing my fantasy list of all of the bloggers I would adore to one day have around my dinner table all at once! Although... I may just need to invest in a bigger table as it was incredibly hard to narrow this list down!!!

Firstly: Zoe, over at: http://www.zoella.co.uk/



I pretty much owe my entire blog to her. I stumbled across her after a distressed visit on google in order to find out what to do for my birthday many years ago. I found one of her old posts which shared a photograph of this incredibly divine cake as seen below... and I just fell in love with her blog and the overall idea of blogging.

Thanks ZoZo.
This obviously means she'd be sitting head of the table.


Second on my list is Whitney over at: http://www.iworeyogapants.com/. 



This makes up already and Brit and an American and I'd just like to point out here that is the beauty of it all!

No other blog makes me laugh the way that hers does. After Zoella's, Whitney's was the first blog that really grabbed my attention and hooked me as something special. I've been following her (in the non stalkerish way!) for over a year already and I just love her blog.

She's so fun-loving and looks like a stunning person. I could imagine an incredibly delightful time devouring copious amounts of wine, dancing, and hilarious banter... plus the probability of kareoke is definitely high.
She'd sit next to me, because she'd have the right idea and sit right by the wine and the music! Soul sisters, we just get each other.

Thirdly, there would be Haley over at: http://haleyspace.blogspot.com/.... 



(now there would be a Brit, an American and a Canadian! Faaaaaaabulous intercontinental friendships!).
Haley and I have been in touch for a long time now. It started via leaving sweet little comments on each others blogs, as one does.. but then we decided to step it up and begin writing letters.
If we lived in the same country, I have no doubt that her and I would be great friends.
She's just wonderful. Her writing is funny, real and open. She doesn't sprinkle things with unnecessary icing to make it seem fancy and admirable... and that makes her admirable! She's got a beautiful little daughter and a stunning husband and together they go through life, learning and living and sharing and I just absolutely adore her.
She would sit on the other side of me because she, I feel, would be the third muskateer when it comes to the wine and dancing along with Whitney and I!


Fourth, Tina has got to be next, over at: http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com/.



To me, Tina is just such a glamourous, incredible woman and I think all of us could learn from her. In the absolute best sense, I feel she is like the mother-hen of my little Blogging friendships. She is SO insanely stylish. She is so brilliant at writing - she keeps beautiful journals and I just hope to be half of the woman she is today one day.

I feel Tina would have to be sitting at the other end of the head of the table. Like a blogging queen should!

Fifth would be Leanne from: http://arumlilea.blogspot.com/



is next, simply because she's a fellow South African and it would be amazing to meet and get in touch with other bloggers from my part of the globe.
Sadly, I hardly know ANY South African's that care about writing, blogging and fashion as much as us.... it makes me see South African's differently in general. Our Christmas times and Halloweens etc are so un-festive... it's heart-wrenching!!

So here's to her, for being unique! And for having one of the most amazing fashion senses (and hair!) I know. She's a fresh breath of South African air!


Sixth is Sonia, next to be invited to my little dinner party shindig: http://www.daringcoco.com/



Purely for the fact that she leaves me the most beeeeeeeautiful long comments on every single blog post I have. You know when you can just TELL someone has read absolutely everything you write? She is just so genuine. A beautiful soul and someone that I'd feel privileged to call a friend.


Seventh: Sylvia you can find here: http://www.spanishmuse.com/




She's another absolute fashion icon of mine.

A stunning Mexican girl living in LA, who speaks fluent Spanish. She's SOOO exotic and quite a foodie too. She's such a sweetie, so down-to-earth and charasmatic. I'd be so excited if she were to attend my shindig.


Eighth would be Dayna: http://www.princessburlap.com/



 I'd say that in most friendships groups, you'd always find the one that is far more emotionally, spiritually and mentally connected than everyone else - and I mean that in the absolute best way. 

I find Dayna fascinating and beautiful. She writes incredibly. She is whimsical, quirky and different. I think she'd add an entire different element to the party, bringing in an undeniably hilarious sense of humor combined with this ability to make you shudder and get goosebumps from her raw and real demeanor. I just love her (in a non freaky way).

She's the person you'd learn things from. Every little thing she says would be taken into consideration; and every little thing is so wise and true. 


Nine is Pooja, all the way from India: http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/


Pooja is such a sweetie. She's so chic and fabulous. Her style is out of this world and she's just wonderful to everyone that stops by her blog. She really is a true friend. The dinner wouldn't be the same without her.

Ten is Lia: http://fashionhappenss.blogspot.sk/


She is stunning. Not only does she show us her amazing style - but also some really great DIY tricks! This lady has lots up her sleeves and I'd be so excited to get to know her too. 


Eleven has got to be Lisa-Jadehttp://voodoochildlaw.blogspot.com/



She is another fellow South African, with an absolutely fabulous sense of humor and so down to earth. She's family orientated, sweet, funny, kind - pretty much everything you could hope for in a friend! She's just great and has touched my heart a number of times since we've been connected via the blogging world.

She's the sort of person that has a smile that lights up the room. She's happy and loving and the sort of person you really want in your life - because she's bound to be loyal and there for you through thick and thin.

Twelve had to be June: http://www.junewantsitall.com/



June brings a little something different to the proverbial table. She lends a helping hand to us, with all these great little blogging tips and advice... how to make our blogs better! Above that, she also great at just sharing her experiences with us. She has this incredible way of making you feel like you were right there with her when she was out to dinner and she is showing us photographs and describing the food.
She's just so diverse and interesting. Every time that I wander over to her lovely blog, I'm pleasantly surprised. There's always something new and different to be seen.

Lucky number Thirteen is Corinne: www.skinnedcartree.com



From blogging tips to a guaranteed laugh, you have to have Corinne in your life.
I find her inspiring. She is confident, funny, real and true to herself. She is stylish and quirky and just full of life.

I find it impossible to visit her site without leaving with a smile on my face and some chuckles in my pocket.

Fourteen is the fiery redhead Laura: http://laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk/

This glamorous Londoner with the envious hairstyle is just marvelous.
You can just tell how much she loves life and the experiences that it throws her way.
She is so relate-able and gorgeous... chatting about everything from after payday wishlists (we all have them!), fashion, product reviews, all the way to serious topics such as bullying and the hardships we all face.

Fifteen is the stunning Jessica: http://sweetloveandginger.blogspot.com/



Pre-warning: do NOT visit her blog if you are hungry. She's a wonderful foodie from the North-East. She shares it all, from amazing recipes, inspiring quotes, DIY, Gardening. . . Once again, she's someone who you just couldn't possibly get bored around. There would just be SO much to share and learn!

She'd have to sit right in the middle - so we can all be enthralled by her!


Sixteen is the lovely Mingaile: http://www.minsbeautyequipment.com/



She's the beauty product queen in  my eyes - as well as sharing incredible facts about the horrors of what women have gone through for anti-aging. She offers amazing alternatives to that of botox and fillers.. but discusses these scary thoughts well.
She writes for the every day regular woman - not glam celebs or picture-perfect supermodels. Just us - and she makes us feel like that's enough.

Last but not least, the Seventeenth person at my dinner table would be Meghanmeghansilva.blogspot.com

This shoe and fashion crazy South African (another one!) describes herself as a girly girl with a twist. God.. why does it seem like I'm suddenly doing an online bloody dating post!? haha

OK.. Meghan is so wonderful and sweet... plus Man-United is her football team, so I just know we'd be fantastic friends!
She has fantastic photography skills, her instagram is amazing! She's just the whole package.

That's quite a full table as it is!

I've been so lucky to meet (electronically, of course,) the above ladies, as well as many others of you too! My hope is that my little dinner party list just keeps on growing - although if that happens I may just need to hire a hall!

Ah well, C'est la Vie!


Who would you invite along to your blogging dinner party?
I'd love to know! The great thing about this is that it's such a fun way to also be introduced to bloggers around the world - the above are the ones that have really stood out to me.... so I hope that you find as much joy in their blogs as I clearly do!
post signature

21 comments:

  1. great post!!!

    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/2014/07/rosewe.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an idea , i wish this party was for real , me and june would have taken a flight together and came running to you :)
    it would be so interesting to have all the girls together on one table
    keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jade! I am touched beyond belief! Thanks for making my day with your kind words. What a creative post, too Io will definitely check these blogs out. Any dinner companion if yours is one I'd like! xoxo T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing idea! I love Zoe too she is just perfect!

    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin? I always follow back :)
    http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes can we organize this dinner party?

    Thank you for your sweetness and your light, Jade. You're the bees knees. I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an awesome idea! I love Zoella too! Oh, and all the girls are so pretty! <3
    Might just have to sneak into that dinner party of yours! haha!
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome idea! I love how much thought you put into every single guest, and I'm honored to be a part of it! Your words are so sweet! There's quite a few here that I have never even heard of so I have a lot of hoping around to do now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jade, what an honor for you to include me on this list, thank you. I would love to attend this party and in my head, I feel like I virtually did by reading about each blogger and your highlights. I do feel like we are friends all thanks to blogging and I love that! If you are ever in California on a wild adventure, you have to let me know!

    Cheers!
    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely amazing list! all of these women sound incredible and what a fantastic dinner party that would be!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.truffles-ruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet post Jade! Thank you for featuring me :) Only if air tickets were cheaper and we were all richer and as Pooja mentioned, we both would come running to be a part of this dinner!! It would be SO MUCH FUN!!! Was so great to read about so many awesome bloggers! Checking out their blogs now! :)
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing I will have to go and check out your dinner party guests.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's for sure a great post, a great blog and an amazing dinner :) I liked reading about all of them and some of them I know :) I know two other South African fashion bloggers, that you may know as well, Jasna (Fashionjazz) and Sam (Frill and Thrills). I would also love to have such a nice dinner with so many nice guests! denisesplanet.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh sweetie, thanks a lot for including me in this special list and those really kind words. It means a lot for me. Haha, it´s be such an amazing moment if we all could meet each other. I know some of your guests too, they´re amazing persons, I have to check out the rest of them. Gorgeous idea of the dinner post, by the way. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Greetings, earthling. Know what’s incredible, edible and prolifically gratuitous? Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven's gonna be like for us: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Cya soon...

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my gawd!! This has made my day!! Such a lovely mention :) xxx
    I would also love to meet Zoe, she has been such a inspiration when it comes to my blog. I haven't heard of the other bloggers/youtubers you've mentioned, but I'll be sure to check them out :)

    Thankyou so much again. And what a lovely idea for a blog post - ( I may have to steal that idea )

    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for including me and the lovely words you said! There are a few bloggers you've mentioned that would be on my list too.

    I'm just about to go to bed and this has really made me smile - perfect end to a Saturday evening!

    Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish my Macbook had emoji thangs because I'd be using that smiley-blushing kind right now. You are the sweetest. And of course I read this after writing you another LONG-ASS comment bahahahaha! I am so bad with you! Your words always invoke discussion within my brain and I just can't help it. I suppose at this dinner party I'd be the one talking to much then... Especially if there's vino. There'd be no stopping me! Muahahahaha ;o)

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww Jade, thank you so much :) I feel the exact same, I would definitely want you at my blogger dinner party! I really do hope I get to meet you one day!!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man, sorry Jade! It took me so long to see this post!! I'm honoured ... completely honoured to be at your dinner party AND to be sitting right beside you. We would most definitely have a blast with the wine and the dancing and Whit. It would be out of control....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Jade, I feel such a bitch right now for not seeing this and your comment on my blog before. I have slowed down on my blogging recently, but I was also away for most of August with no internet connection…. Thank you so much for mentioning me in your post and in such a beautiful way, much much appreciated!!!!

    Lots of love,

    Min

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade