Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Saturday, July 19, 2014

A Fresh Start





I feel I need to play catch up with ya'll.

I'm not going to bother saying how super sorry I am for not only not updating Bohemian Muses in a while but also for being so slack at reading your blogs..... Sometimes things just get crazy in life. Chaos erupts and you just need to take a bit of a breather. 

Things have been going crazy this side of the globe. 
I said that already didn't I? 

Let me fill you in:

When I was born, I was blessed with a brother who is four years older than I am. On Thursday last week we celebrated his 27th year of life. He made it that far... who would have guessed!? With barely a scratch. A few broken bones and busted liver along the way... to be honest I don't think he's done too badly. 



Today, a chilly and stormy Saturday, we are celebrating his aging in style with a little birthday party.  I'm sitting at work right now (in the art gallery) and shivering away while a massive storm is rolling in outside - counting down the hours for when I can uncork a bottle of red and scoff my face with salt and vinegar crisps. 
SO healthy.. I know. 
Don't judge me. 
I try..... a bit.

I think I will be heading out on some travels again soon. It has been nearly a year now since I last stepped out of South Africa and it is slowly and painfully killing me. 
For those of you who don't know this about me, travel is my life. It is my True Love, so to speak. 
But, as with everything in life, traveling costs MONEY. So I have been working my little tush off for the better part of this past year to be able to venture back out into the world and gain some more experience from what this beautifully majestic place has to offer.

I'm not going to be disclosing information as to WHERE I'll be jet-setting off to just yet - as there are plenty of things that need to be said and explained first. But in all good time, my friends, the world shall be my oyster!

Let me start from the beginning - which is where this unstoppable force to move on with my life started:

I went on a date with a bearded fellow recently. 
My date with said bearded fellow went great. 
We went to this cozy little pub and sat next to a crackling fireplace and spoke non stop for hours. We then traipsed to a video rental store and got the absolute WORST movie in the history of films.. I've forgotten the title now, but it was a horror, in more ways than one. We then went back to his beautiful log cabin that he built himself, with the movie and a bottle of red wine in tow and snuggled up on his couch. After a few more hours of more talking, we fell asleep and the next day he woke me up with tea and a biscuit. We then parted ways. Nothing happened besides a delicate little kiss - and it felt great. To be treated like a woman and not feel pressurized into doing anything you aren't really ready for yet. 
He said he wanted to see me again but he's JUST gotten out of a three year relationship and the wound is still quite raw. He doesn't want to hurt her by moving on so quickly which is understandable and he doesn't know if he's entirely ready either to just jump straight back into something.
So although we were supposed to see each other last Friday night, that was cancelled and I haven't seen him since.

Instead, last Friday evening I went out to a bar with two of my very best friends and that's when my world changed forever. 



There's this 50 year old (well, he looks that ancient anyway) gay 'man' who lives in this tiny town of ours and at the bar we were all at he had apparently had a fight with his Toy-Boy a little earlier on. One of my friends knows the guy and went up to say hi... after a few minutes I also went up to the table and said hello and this gay man (who also has a HUGE reputation for drug abusing and trouble-making!) started calling me awful names repeatedly. I don't know him from a bar of soap at all and was really shocked. I could see that he was very drunk though so I backed away, put my hands up and said, "Have a good night!" A little later I returned to the table, completely ignoring him and wanting to tell my friend something. As I was walking away after talking to my friend he shot up from his seat and punched me through the face four times. As soon as my friend managed to get him off of me, the guy ran away and didn't even pay his bill. The swelling and the bruising was immediate but only worsened as the night progressed. I have a black eye, a bruised jaw and a swollen lip.
I told my dad when I got home and of course my dad went MAD. Who wouldn't if someone beats their daughter up?? We went to his house to confront him but he was too scared to come out... so we filed a case against him. It's now being investigated by the police and he's claiming I attacked him and jumped on his back and  scratched his face!! It's so stupid because if I had managed to leave a mark on him I'd be pretty proud to admit it. He is claiming that he elbowed me in the face accidentally! He's lying through his teeth and I just cannot believe it. BUT I have witnesses plus I went to a doctor to get a written letter to prove it was definitely caused from a fist several times.
So now there is a summonings on the 12th of August..... aiiii....... drama drama :(
I just hope that he gets what he deserves.

SO anyway... I've decided that I am pretty over this town, and this country. So I am busy looking into relocating and having a fresh start. It's really heart breaking to be leaving my animals... but it wouldn't be forever. I'd like to just try it, get some experience for 6 months or so at first. Plus, to be blunt, someone recently told me that 'Animals don't give you experience'. It's harsh, but true. My animals are my children, I love them endlessly but you cannot base your entire existence and future around them. They will be in good hands with my family anyway, which is what they are used to anyway.
 
I have friends and family in the country I am thinking about heading to anyway, which funnily enough is no where I have ever previously had any interest in visiting.... there may also just be a British blue eyed man with the most rugged accent I have ever heard there and he has said I could crash with him and over the past two days we have been exchanging text messages and flirting a fair bit :) 
We've been mates for a while though so who knows where the world will take me.
Being single is fun but I am so ready to BE with someone.. spoil someone and fall in love, slowly, carelessly and happily. I just want to focus on Right Now. Not the future. I don't want to put pressure on anything in life, particularly relationships. In the past I'd always be in this massive hurry to meet 'The One' and plan a big future together but that isn't how it should be. I've learned that now. I just want to focus on solely falling in love with someone - and let it take its course.

So watch this space...



As for right now, I'm just enjoying my life with my good friends and looking forward to all of the chaos blowing over.



I am looking forward to a new and interesting start across the globe... 

To just Be.

Reading the most incredible book right now (book review to follow soon,) called Into the Wild by Jon Kraukeur, I stumbled across the most beautiful quote - and it has really inspired me to take that leap into the unknown and start anew:

"So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a person than a secure future. The very basic core of a persons living spirit is their passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences and hence there is no greater joy than an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun." 




post signature

25 comments:

  1. Oh no this is no good at all. Hitting someone in general is just vile, and unprovoked at that?! Urgh. I hate, and I mean HATE people who take out their sorrows on innocent bystanders. I get we are all human and slip every now and then but this was a repeat offending on you and just not ok. I hope he is held accountable for his actions, especially considering how he refuses to man up and apologise. Is that really so hard though? And turning the blame onto you is just awful, seriously. I hope he gets whacked on the head and notes the error of his ways here.

    I'm excited about your new adventures! No need to disclose, we'll be ready when you are dollface. I know what you mean by being stagnant for too long. I've been 'trapped' here for over 3 years now and honestly I don't know how my lungs are still functioning breath. Each minute that passes crushes my nomad soul. I need to break away to different turf and just experience something more. My soul has been yearning for travels important lessons the minute I stepped back from my last holiday. That last quote was interesting and a little eye opening for me. I'm afraid I may very well be guilty of not being creative enough to make the desperate changes needed. I need to take a good hard look at myself and find an immediate solution for my woes. Maybe over some salt n' vinegar crisps...

    Have a good weekend and sending you much love and light,
    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, sometimes everyone needs a little break. We all understand it. Happy B-day to your brother. I´m curious about your next travel. It´s so awful that great experience costs a lot of money. I´m happy to hear that your date went great. He seems like a nice guy. Oh what? He hit you? What the hell? He´s total freak. It´s just so ridiculous, even he claimes that you hurt him? I´m speechless, that kind of people shouldn´t exist. Hope that he will get what he deserves too. Wish you luck in all aspect of your life. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh Jade, I'm so sorry, that is so awful. I cannot believe this idiot hit you. I hope this new place and travels is just what your soul and heart need right now. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were are great ohotos! and I do love your way to choose that everyone needs a lil' break, and getting a fresh start :)

    Labina | Dear Labina Design.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your horrible experience. My husband went out with his friend and the friend got beaten up vey badly. My hubby phoned me up in the middle of the night all shouting that his mate was dead (he is not dead, thankfully!!!!), so it was horrific. Put all of that in the past and enjoy your life. I have been very slow at posting and I decided not to worry too much and stress out about my blog. I feel so much better now and I have more time, so enjoy your life while you can.. :)
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. check out my new fashion line at www.phaderewaw.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jade, I'm a blogger from Italy and I read you with the translator. I hope I have understood everything well from your story. I'm agree with Lia: sometimes everyone needs a little break. I can not believe that a man has beaten you. I hate violence in general. Against women hate her even more!!! Good luck (and good work) for your future travels....Kisses,
    Eni

    http://eniwherefashion.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you´re having amazing sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photo and post!

    My last post on
    www.ilblogdelmarchese.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found your blog and I LOVE it!
    I could sit for hours and read your posts!
    And I am so truly sorry that somebody that horrifying did that to you. Drug & alcohol abuse are terrible.
    I hope you'll have a great time to wherever it is that you're traveling!

    xx Ana

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very sorry to hear you were assaulted. That's horrible, Jade. This guy needs to go to jail. Hope you are healing quickly and finding peace following such a violent incident. Big hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry for the bad experience & would you like to follow each other
    on GFC, Google+ & Bloglovin? Lemme know!
    & keep in touch!


    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about your bad experiences, but I'm glad you had fun at your date! Love all the photos and thanks for sharing what's been happening in your life lately <3

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jade!!! What a complete asshole!! I'm glad you didn't just leave it like that and took it to the police. I can't imagine anyone wanting to hurt such a beautiful soul such as yourself. I hope he gets his comeuppance really so. I think the change of moving out of the country would be great, sometimes you need that exiting of your comfort zone, I wish you all the best :) May the love you seek be returned.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg I feel so sorry for you. How can a guy hit a girl. I hope he gets what he deserves and nobody believes the sh.. he's telling. It's good you filed a case against him. Hope you get well soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry for you....
    P.S. Followed you:))
    ritaaflyatunova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I followed you back, my bloglovin does not work :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It seems like so much had happen in your life recently... hope that (let's call it) hitting-accident wont happen again (!!!)
    I so sign on the Traveler-Life-Pattern, and I believe it can help to gather all the thoughts together. Looking forward upcoming travels is helps me to survive the monotony of OFFICE-HOME reality, so whenever I came back I have to already start thinking of new trip... Summer makes me more active, so recently I have visited some places and I am going to visit a couple more soon to charge my batteries. I will cross my fingers, so you will have a good trip too! (totally works, I just need to be focus on this thought for a while n you will have some awesome adventure, trust me ;) )
    enjoy the evening!
    anjage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. Where on earth to start! I'm sorry the date didn't work out but wow, the man punching you in the face, WTF. I know you said he was drunk but what on earth would have set that off? Do you think he thought you were someone else?

    Hope you manage to get some more travelling done soon! Have you been to Britain before?

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG WTF Jade! He punched you! Good you've filed a case against him. I'm enjoying reading your single adventures! All the best for your travels! Looking forward to seeing where you go. I haven't traveled for years myself because I've been so broke :(
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy birthday to your brother. It sounds like you've been through a LOT of bumps and scratches, good luck sweet and I hope your live takes a turn for the better soon. xxxxxxx


    Beauty Soup || UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's just AWFUL. I can't believe that arsehole hit you once, let alone four bloody times!! Hope you've healed or area healing love.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Holy hell Jade. That is just crazy. I can't believe you were punched in the face by a guy! That's ... awful. Best of luck to you on the 12th. I totally get why you want to get the hell outta there. Each time I return to my hometown I almost immediately want to leave. It's like putting a butterfly into a jar.. I feel trapped and feel the need to escape!
    Can't wait to hear where life takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. :O ! It is awful !!! ! I am sorry for you :( X

    I LIKE YOUR BLOG :) DO NOT HESITATE TO FOLLOW ME ON GFC and/or BLOGLOVIN, I ALWAYS FOLLOW BACK !

    WWW.FLYDP.BLOGSPOT.COM
    | Fashion Blogger |

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade