Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Change is as Good as a Holiday



Last night, after copious amounts of red wine - I dyed my hair (and half of my face...), black.

After rinsing it out and looking catastrophically like this:



I hauled out the hair-dryer and GHD to get it looking somewhat normal. 

Then this morning, going along with my new found craze with all things red... I put on my brand new Oasis shirt and posed for a selfie. Lame in all senses of the word . . . but thought I'd just share my little home dye job with you all. 





Not too shabby if you ask me... 

I'll be taking myself out on the town tonight to flaunt it and have a laugh with some friends. 
 
Tomorrow or later in the week there may very well be a slightly more 'Carrie Bradshaw' post. A fashionable writers memoir of her week in a tiny little town, filled with wine, the occasional salad to try and keep up a healthy appearance in public when in reality I'll hide behind closed doors and scoff my face with pastries and Pringles... Lucky Strike cigarettes (me!? No. Never....), season 1 of Calafornication, an endless supply of divine bath bombs, books for days, Whackhead Simpson (a prank caller on a popular South African radio station,) who has been making my days worthwhile whilst driving to and from work (he's the funniest man to have ever graced the planet. No lies...), spending as much time as humanly possible on my surf board and paddling out into the beauts of waves that have been rolling in lately, sitting in local pubs reading books and meeting people and getting merry on beer... 

That, ladies and gentleman, right now, is my little life. It's not half bad, either.

Hope you're all having a fabulous Tuesday, too... and keeping up the sunny.



post signature

26 comments:

  1. You look so beautiful and love your hair! <3


    Hugs & kisses
    Ritcha
    http://www.myfashionfootprints.com/
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much Ritcha, you're so sweet x

      Delete
  2. Adorable post!❤
    Let's follow to each other! :)

    www.anetesdomas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello - why do people only follow people if they follow them first?? Do not understand the logic.

      Delete
  3. Great colour, fit you ;)
    have a good time searching for inspiration for your next post :D
    anjage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that colour makes your eyes POP!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, Jade! I adore the hair and you wear red fabulously! I know you'd mentioned it wasn't a shade you wore often--but you definitely should--truly, suits you well! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful with new hair, change is sometimes what we need the most. I ´m looking forward to your Carrie Bradshaw post. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha Carrie Bradshaw with an alcoholic twist hahahahaa

      Delete
  7. Its looking great Jade! I also recently dyed my hair by myself in a similar hue (dark reddish brown) just a few weeks ago. Am planning to get a cut and ombre today! Lets see how that works out!
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ombre!! That's my favorite. One day when my hairs the right length... thats what I'm going for :)
      How did yours turn out?!

      Delete
  8. You did a great job! You look amazing with black hair! Very cool <3

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so gorgeous I just can't stand it. Those eyes, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks great Jade! I love it dark like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade