Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Orchid Room | In Celebration of Mum's 50th Birthday


Yesterday was my mother’s 50th birthday. In most countries I assume that turning half a century old (sorry mum..) is a biggie. Well – we didn’t fail to do it in style. We booked a table for our family and closest friends at one of the poshest restaurants in town called, ‘The Orchid Room.’ 



I love that name – funny though as I didn’t happen to see one orchid while there.. devious bastards. Truly though, it was an absolutely magnificent setting. The restaurant is situated in the Simola Hotel – and has the most breath-taking view of the town that I live in. 



My brother and I shared their smoked duck started which was divine but lacking in a lot of duck strips unfortunately. I think I ate most of the duck when I brother popped to the loo.. which he wasn't too impressed about! 
There was sushi too and mains were divine. Most people around the table opted for rack of lamb - but, naturally, I prefer to be different. I had their chicken and prawn Thai curry which was simply gorgeous.   

Overall it was a wonderful evening and yesterday was an insanely good day in general! I felt like I was on cloud nine, on the highest of highs! Today wasn't too bad either actually and one of my very best friends, Lucien, is visiting for the week so we are having a little get-together tonight which I am so excited about.

Here are a few photo's from last night. I was wearing my new funky dress from Legit which was an absolute bargain, paired with KILLER heels that I ended up taking off and chucking underneath the table half way through the dinner! (Yes that explains why I am so tall in the photographs... normally I look like the pathetic midget in family photo's...):






I know one would normally suggest that as the Auntie I am completely biased towards saying that my nephew is the most beautiful baby in the world..... but seriously... he really is!!!! 

Here's a few of the latest snaps we've got of him - he's even started smiling and giggling (in his own goofy and weird way,) now. 
This form of love that is now resonating inside of me is a form that I have never before felt... he's just perfection. 






Meet Jenson - the best Christmas present in the world <3 br="">


I love my nephew, Jenson... oh! And happy birthday mum ;)
post signature

20 comments:

  1. Jenson is soooo cute..muwaaahhh!! This reminded me of the time when my son was born!! Really loved this post a lot..wonderful family pictures <3 <3

    http://www.myglossyaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you Charu - nice to know it brings back others fond memories :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome post!
    Happy 50th to your mother!!
    And you have such a beautiful nephew!!

    Http://enticedspice.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much! just followed back!
    keep in touch!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your mom! Awesome photos jade, your nephew it so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute baby! love this pictures lots of love, x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenson is pretty darn cute Auntie Jade. Looks like you guys had a nice dinner. Good ol' family get togethers are always one of my favourites. I'm a sucker for family! Aww.. you look a bit like your mama too. Jenson looks like a nice combination of his mom and dad..! (from what I can see in those pictures..!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Haley - he really is the most amazing little guy. He smiled at me SO much over the weekend - what an incredible feeling :)

      Delete
  7. Wishing a very very happy v'day to your mum.. May god bless her..
    So much good, and I always eat most if the food if I am shearing it it anybody..
    Your brogue is the cutest.. Christ pic is the best
    Don't forget to enter my $80 Jollychic Giveaway
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2014/02/jollychic-80-giveaway.html?m=0
    Have a nice day
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cutest baby ever! It seems like you had a lovely time! Wishing your mum a happy birthday - that's a great milestone and one I'm sure she'll always remember!
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.blogspot.co.uk 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much lovely lady for the wishes and lovely message in general xxx

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful family you have, Jade! And, a happy, happy birthday to your lovely mother! Big hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOOHHH beautiful buy!!! congrats :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade