Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, March 17, 2014

Jet-Setter


It was Thursday when I realized I needed to board the next plane to Johannesburg. I followed my heart, packed my bag and jetted off. It was completely spontaneous and last minute. I believe that they are the best sort of trips to take - there is no planning, no expectations. Nothing is mapped out. You have no idea what will happen, you just enjoy letting it unfold before you. 

There's a book I'm reading right now where a couple in the street ask the main character for directions. The main character gives them really precise and detailed directions but they weren't leading them anywhere near to where the couple wanted to go. I found that beautiful. It wasn't done in a malicious way - she just wanted to let the couple embrace getting lost and finding something completely different and unexpected. I read that part of the book while on the plane - and all I could do was smile at it.

Today everything seems more beautiful. The grass is greener, the smiles brighter, and the laughter contagious. I feel revitalized. 


Sometimes you need to listen to what your heart is telling you. Take that leap of faith. 

Every journey begins with a single step. 







post signature

26 comments:

  1. Wow nice blog and you have pretty eyes ♡

    love it

    xx
    theanotherpartofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes nit planning anything us the best way to enjoy.. :)
    Nice pics
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely!
    xx
    myrunwayfashionworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool pics!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics ;) you should always listen to your heart ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea!!!!
    Wonderful pics!!!!
    And.... your eyes... I'm speechless!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - best idea I've had in a while :)
      And thank you! hehe that is very sweet of you!!!

      Delete
  7. SO beautiful jade, have a wonderful time.

    www.lavishingg.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post!!! I completely agree with you!! ;)

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com /www.MISBoutique.storenvy.com/
    New Blog post: [Inspiration] 7 Steps to Conquer Your Closet This Spring
    Previews Blog Post: [Outfit Idea] Craving Spring

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spontaneity is often the best way to do anything!! (I should try it out more in my own life!) Oooooooh what a lovely looking man you're paired up with there, Jadey-Pooh. Beautiful eyes on both of ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Haley - he's my best friend in the world <3 Adore him... as you know from our letters! hehehehe sooooo much to tell you..

      Delete
  10. Nice post.You're beautiful! Love the picture with the snake, but you're crazy girl! Would you like to follow each other on GFC and Facebook? I'll follow you back.Let me know :-)
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a coinsidence! I found your blog and followed you just moments before seeing your comment on my blog hahaha brilliant!!!
      As I said, my GFC is acting up at work but I've saved your link and will follow you there once I'm on a better computer xx

      Delete
  11. Lovely photos..especially the one with snake around your neck :)

    Check out my new post Here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Disfruta de tu viaje, la foto con la serpiente genial!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your dress and shades!! I used to have a pair just like that but I broke them sadly. Would you like to exchange follows on Bloglovin?

    http://infinitehouseofillusions.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so awesome Jade! I hope the trip is going fantastic!

    You inspire me to play with wilder side and go for the unexpected, it's something I've always tried to work on, but it's been baby steps for me :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post <3
    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade