Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Aesop Hand Cream | Product Review


I found this product in London, just before my backpacking and camping trip throughout Europe last year April. I haven't looked back or touched another hand-cream since.

Oh, I also apologize for these photographs. As you can see my tube of hand-cream has been well-used!!!


The mandarin ring, rosemary leaf, and cedarwood atlas combination makes this product smell divinely refreshing in a gorgeous herbal way as well as making this product suitable for both men and women. In fact, it was a man that actually introduced me to it! It doesn't have that feminine scent to it and also isn't masculine, it is just wonderfully neutral.  

Pros:


  • Advertising - It lives true to its name and really does 'resurrect' your hands. 
  • Fast Absorbing - I was surprised at how quickly my skin soaked this cream up!
  • Non Greasy - It leaves your skin feeling incredible after application and the best part is that even with all of the oils etc contained in the product, it doesn't leave your hands feeling greasy!
  • Intensive Moisture - I'll never be satisfied with another hand-cream. This one makes my hands feel completely amazing and shows fast results for dry skin. I had some weird dry patched on my fingers that were apparently 'eczema' although I've never suffered with eczema before. Either way, this product healed it in no time at all! My hands have never felt better.
  • Contains Essential Oils - (lavender and orange) for soothing and aroma-therapeutic effects.
  • Scent - Divine. Enough said.


Cons:

  • The Price - Yes, there is the quibble of price but to be honest, I'd pay it over and over again for this product. I am so impressed with it and couldn't imagine using anything else on my hands if I could help it anymore.
  • The Packaging - At first I loved that it came in a metal tube. It gave an old-school, medicinal feel to it which I couldn't help but adore; but I have had my hand-cream for just under a year now (still on the 75ml tube too which proves that it is long lasting!) and once you've carted it around for such a long time the metal does start to crack which I've been warned can cause leaking. For this reason I have decided to often decant the cream into smaller, plastic containers and carry that around in my handbag.



Overall this product is one I would buy again and again - and the cons are things that I for one am willing to overlook. Luxury isn't cheap - and as I said, the packaging does add that quirky old-school feel to the product!
post signature

37 comments:

  1. fijne en eerlijke review! nog een heel fijn weekend meis geniet ervan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the best things are quite expensive for your wallet!
    Oh! You're so lucky to be backpacking throughout Europe! How was it? Do you have a post on here that shows all of it? I kinda want to do it one day but I don't think I have the time.. LOL!
    I have a metal tube lotion too and whenever it runs out I find myself getting scratched by it, like the corners that's why I stopped purchasing my lotion in metal tubes.
    Also have you tried Glysomed? I mean it works wonders but it doesn't have a scent if that's what you're going for!

    Great review!
    http://enticedspice.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh my backpacking was incredible Aisha!! Check out the top of the page under 'Travel.'
      No I've never tried Glysomed.. scent is lovely but if the product has results I wouldn't mind! :)

      Delete
  3. I love any kind of cream that is not greasy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems wonderful, though a bit expensive but as you have described it..its for sure a must try!! Great review :)

    keep in touch
    Charu
    http://www.myglossyaffair.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review. you have beautiful eyes!
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thanks for the review . Seems a good product ♥ mind to following each other?
    Hhehe

    xoxo
    theanotherpartofme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um, I got so distracted looking at your gorgeous face, I didn't even notice the hand cream bottle! Seriously, this post reminds me that I really should carry hand cream around with me, but I'm so bad about that. Thanks for the reminder and for offering a great suggestion!

    http://myfifthavenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my haha what a nice compliment! hehe thank you lovely!!!

      Delete
  8. Perfect review Jade!!!!
    Happy friday darling!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One week later - and a happy friday to you too!!

      Delete
  9. it looks like a really nice product ;)
    very nice blog by the way :)

    kisses from Russia,
    Juliet
    RUSSIAN DOLL

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds great, but I hate metal tubes because I always feel like I can't use all of the product and I don't get my moneys worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that is so true! Such a catch 22 because the metal tube is pretty cool but like you say - don't get your moneys worth!

      Delete
  11. I have never seen this product and I live in London. I'll keep my eyes peeled as it does sound quite good. I like the picture and it's good that the tube is empty. It helps us believe that the product is really good! :)
    Thank you for your beautiful comment on my blog! Have a happy weekend, Jade!
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i agree, the finer things in life aren't always free ;) love the packaging! wish it was available in our country. have a wonderful weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it is! A few people in UK have asked me about it now and I was so shocked - because that's where I got it!

      Delete
  13. I have a rather unhealthy preoccupation with keeping my hands moisturized. Might have to invest in this :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you have used the heck out of it :) Must be a great product.

    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I am planning on getting every last drop!

      Delete
  15. Looking lovely, Jade! Sounds like a great product. I agree--if it's good quality, I'll pay more. Have a fab day! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've heard such positive things about the Aesop brand. This hand cream sounds divine and the packaging is cool enough that you wouldn't mind pulling it out of your bag anytime ;) Thanks for the review!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds great. There seem to be a lot of benefits. If they just had better packaging then it would be pretty ideal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are bottles of it as well that I have seen.

      Delete
  18. Great review! It’s quite expensive but I think it’s very moisturizing.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Eucerin Philippines

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade