Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Friday, July 26, 2013

Soul Trips


I have had the most amazing few days. I firmly believe that every couple of weeks one should just go off into nature and nourish the soul with the great outdoors. I believe you need to give your soul a trip and a journey of its own every once in a while. It doesn't have to be oversea's and doesn't necessarily have to involve hopping onto a plane... just taking a stroll through your local forest or beach would suffice. Or, if you live in a concrete jungle like I know many of you do then go to a museum or park in the area. There is so much beauty in this world and we all need to take a day or two to just enjoy it. And that is exactly what I did....



A week and a half ago I lost a friend that I had considered to be one of my closest in town... losing him among a million and one other things going on lately tipped me over the edge. So, what better way to mend a slightly battered heart than to go out and have a bloody drink!? hahahaha 

While out, I met four really awesome people and over the past week I have had the greatest pleasure getting to know them and spending my free time in a different town, at a different beach, at a different bar... it has been so uplifting for my spirit and wonderful to experience something new and exciting. I needed this. 

One of the first things I did with one of them, the one that has kind of taken me under his wing and has really bonded with me over this past week, was go down to the Sea Cliffs. He takes every newbie there to experience the hidden beauty that lurks so close by. One of the things that he does when he takes people there is 'initiate' them. He makes them crawl through this tiny hole in some boulders and it was nothing short of hilarious. Not only am I already incredibly clumsy and a goof-ball at heart, but there was also tornado like winds that literally nearly swept me off my feet! Unfortunately because of the wind we couldn't really stick around to enjoy the view... but I did my initiation, passed it and then we ventured on to explore The Garden Route further.







I also enjoyed some time over at an old rustic bridge just outside of town. I used to go there often when I was younger... I'd get a group together and we'd go and drink beer, listen to music, sun tan, jump off the bridge into the lagoon below... we'd hop onto speed boats and go fishing in the area... it was the life! So it was lovely to revisit a place that holds so many of my favorite memories. 









Yesterday, my new found friend (who is seriously awesome by the way! So blessed to have such amazing people in my life!!) took me for a walk along the train tracks in his town...... 

I have no words. 

Just... wow. 

The beauty is absolutely breathtaking!!! We passed through this little tunnel and voila.. it was like a whole new world sheltered from trouble and pain. There's a cave just around the corner from the tunnel where a group of people literally live... some come and go and some stay for good. It's incredible and fascinating and completely 'Wonderlust' style!! That is how I want to live!!! And you should see the way that they have made the cave up! It is simply gorgeous!!! It is like a proper home right on the cliff, in a cave, next to an old, out of use train track. 

I had yet another absolutely wonderful day and met more lovely people who are so at peace and calm... and they are exactly the sort of people I want in my life. 

Funny, I have lived in The Garden Route for the majority of my life yet I never knew there was so much beauty and fun to be found here. You just have to look in the right places. Sometimes it can be right under your nose where you least expect it. 

Five days to go until I set off on my big road trip up to Joburg and the jet off to the beautiful island of Zanzibar!!!!

PS : I have just added a badge to my Instagram account on the side of my page! If you have Instagram I'd really appreciate the follow and would definitely follow you back :)


Instagram
post signature

40 comments:

  1. Just want to say that your post was the perfect way to end off my work week!
    Have a great weekend :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow looks like a gorgeous and relaxing getaway - definitely need to plan something like that soon. Sorry to hear about your loss. xx Kat

    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Kat... gosh every person just needs a day or two to switch off and have some fun! Do it sooner rather than later x

      Delete
  3. In love with this collection of photos :-)xx
    www.janicethitran.com (✿◠‿◠)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man- do you ever do it up right!? Talk about great medicine for the soul! Those pictures!! The train pictures.... stupidly beautiful.
    I HAVE TO say... You are so gorgeous Jade! Seriously, a natural beauty through and through. I know I mentioned that in my post the other day and I also know that you're probably used to people noticing your beauty and it probably annoys you. BUT- I couldn't leave a comment without mentioning it. Absolutely gorgeous. (Helps that you have a newly cleansed soul... and adventurous spirit!) Makes ya glow..!
    Anyways.. enough about that..
    It is amazing how there is so much beauty all around us but it just takes some effort and desire to sniff it out! Glad to hear you made some new friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haley you are such a gem! <3
      Thank you! I always love receiving your comments... especially first thing on a Monday morning when I am at work at 5am! hahaha ouch!
      Hope you had a good weekend. Going to your blog now... better be a new post for me to read! ;) hehehe

      Delete
  5. I agree with you, its very imp to go n nature every now and then...
    Beautiful pics..
    Happy weekend...
    m on instagram now, lets follow each other there..
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pooja! Definitely checking you out on Instagram. xx

      Delete
  6. These snaps are TERRIFIC . I'm secretly jealous of you having visited them ! Younger ages memory places are beyond wordless , at least I can't describe them . I can't wait to visit my childhood-loved places one day !
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other day I was in England and visited my very first house... my old local fish and chip shop... my first ever school! It was amazing to still remember the little things about a place that I haven't been to since I was five.xxx

      Delete
  7. I hope you're okay, you'll be in my prayers. Looks like you had an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow your photos are so joyous and energetic- love that you find your inner peace on this trip

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just Gorgeous Shots!!!

    www.VictorDominique.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post is really meaningful, it's true that everyone need to connect to the natural once in awhile. Really lovely update (: xx

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love your latest dress... such a gorgeous fashion sense! <3

      Delete
  11. You have such a stunning and beautiful photos, I'm really enjoy to see your photos

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comment, following back now =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like an absolute amazing time! It's always good to get away :) you look stunning and I totally love your bikini

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alexa! It is from Woolworths in South Africa xx

      Delete
  14. Such fantastic, gorgeous photos! Thanks for following me, I follow your cool blog back and like it on facebook;)

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice pictures :)
    xoxo
    Fraish

    http://fraishld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fraish, glad you liked them all. Hope you had a good weekend x

      Delete
  16. Wow your blog is beautiful! I am looking forward to more posts from you !!

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. simply love it!
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, you live nearby such beautiful sites! These photos are seriously giving me a craving for some outdoor adventures...I think its time I went on a camping trip and got back into nature. Its so stunning whats out there to experience, huh?
    Glad you're feeling better, nothing like new friends and memories to ease an aching heart. Oh, and alcohol of course ;) Hahaha!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha thanks Linda! Lovely comment :)
      I am so blessed to live close by to such beautiful places! <3

      Delete
  19. This is such a cool post, I love the rocks and I love the train tracks and all of the pictures are great. It's nice that you have a new friend to get you excited and adventuring!

    S&R
    http://www.CattailDown.com
    http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/TheRucksackRefinery

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey! I nominated you for the Libster award (: do check it out. xx

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool man thank you!! How does it work though???

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade