Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Home Décor Ideas - DIY

Recently, I adopted the nickname Pebbles. 

In between working, editing my novel, endlessly moving house, having a number of really heart-breaking personal situations and trying to keep my blog updated, I managed to find the perfect thing to keep the balance. 

I love art. I might not be incredible at it but I love the freedom, the expression. I love that there are no rules in art. 



Using the simplest of items: 

  • Pebbles
  • A paint brush
  • A permanent marker
  • Acrylic paints
  • A glass of water
  • Tissues
I created a wide variety of the most awesome home décor ideas in the form of rock art: from door stoppers, book weights, unique letters to purely decorative.
These pebbles are perfect to fill up those unwanted empty spaces in your home and also make great pressies if its the end of the month and your a bit strapped for cash! 
The personal touch is what people love. 


I have also had a number of people ask me if I can make them some. 
I'll be starting to sell these simple stones at the price of R3.00 and all the money that I collect will be going straight into a jar for my Italy savings fund.








Soon, I will be making more gardening signs too and selling them at markets and online. They really seem to be working:





I know R3.00 doesn't sound like much - but every little bit helps and every day I get a little bit closer of living out my dream of travelling Europe.

8 comments:

  1. Hmmm....great idea. You'll have to sell a lot of stones though. Hope you have a large supply of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the post!
      I know I won't make a fortune from them - but its great fun either way and every little bit helps!
      Its R3.00 that I never had before :)
      Optimism xx

      Delete
  2. It takes great courage to write a novel, but even more to get it published! Send your book to a publishing house now and let them decide if "your Italy" is real enough. Then you can visit Italy with your royalties money. In the meantime, why not post some short stories to your blog and see what reaction you get. It might give you the confidence boost you need. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your post, I really appreciate the positive feedback.
      I know I must kick my novel out of the nest at some stage and soon I will - I doubt I'd be able to wait until I have enough saved for Europe anyway.

      I will more than likely be doing short stories soon too - this blog has a little bit of everything so keep checking in. You'll probably find something that tickles your fancy eventually.

      Have a blessed weekend.

      J x

      Delete
    2. You could post the first chapter, or just a few pages, of your novel as a teaser. A lot of established authors do that now as a way of gauging their readers' response to a new book. It might even help with getting a publisher to look at it, if you can show that you've already received positive feedback on it.

      Delete
    3. I was at the hospital this morning visiting my dad and I bumped into someone who said that there is a new website around where you can publish your book online and people can buy it there, some guy got about 300'000 people interested in his work and now publishers are flocking over it. That is probably the way these days - I'm still just slightly nervous and sceptic about the online world! Which is why I have a blog basically, to test the waters..... Thoughts???

      Delete
    4. Don't think too hard......just do it! 50 Shades of Grey was a self- published, online book and look how successful it has become.

      Delete
  3. As for the hype I got about my 'good cause' - yes I may have over-reacted and responded wrongly but if you don't know me and my overall intentions then don't leave a comment pretending that you do.

    Once I am a published author I hope to dedicate a lot of my time helping out at welfares.

    I don't feel that I need to explain myself to anyone - but to just clarify it once and for all, if you don't know me and you have nothing nice to say then stop wasting your time on my blog site as your comment will be deleted.

    I see no point in putting a downer on someone's day...
    I love opening this page up and seeing the recent comments I've received from worldwide viewers on my recipe posts, beauty posts and movie posts.
    I'm not the kind of person that would go and scrutinize someone's blog and leave hateful comments on it - I only ask for the same respect.

    Have a stunning weekend bloggers - J x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade