Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July

So, here in South Africa, we don't really do the whole 4th of July / Thanks-giving shebang but out of respect and love for all of my American readers' out there - Happy 4th of July!!! 

I only have one request on this day: 
Have a biiiiiiiiiiiiig glass of merlot for me as I'll be stuck at work. 
Again. 
Ahhh but not for long! 
I have just one month left at the spa I currently work at until my notice period of resignation is up, then I am off to ...... ZANZIBAR!!!! (no... to my local readers, I am not going to the club in town, Zanzibar, pffft... but the actual African country!) woohoo!!!

To make myself more clear, this place:



I will be having a good dose of much needed vitamin D, salt-water and oh heck I'm not going to lie..... wine, while on my next travels and I just cannot wait

Going to get my tan on, yo!!! 

Also today I have another scary doctors appointment about this nasty lump I have invading my breast space. I was supposed to have the thing removed last week but the bloody thing has its own plans. 
We're not sure what the lump is yet, although we are certain it is not cancerous (thank God). 
So wish me luck, as I have another doctor poking and prodding me in my personal space once again. 
:-( 
That is my unhappy face by the way. 

Anywho.... 

Upon returning home I have already acquired a new place of work at an international real-estate agency. 
My new chapter in life will be focusing on building up a successful future for myself. I will be studying real-estate for a year through said company as well as being their PA to obviously get-by and afford my wine... and cat food. 
Priorities, right!? 
Ha-ha. 

Getting a new job and a new start means that I'll also be able to enjoy more quality time with my family! 



My current job that I've recently resigned from has terrible working hours so chances of me getting a nice Sunday afternoon with my family is very few and far between. 
With a new job that has working hours of Mon-Fri: 08h00 - 17h00 and only every second Saturday, I am thrilled!  
I've never had a normal 8-5pm job before. All my previous jobs have been shifts starting from as early as 05h45 in the morning! Or, like today, from 11h00 - 20h00. 
I never thought I'd find a job with 'normal' working hours. 
I'm taking it as a blessing. 

So that, my dear readers', is what is crack-a-lacking in my life at the moment.

What's your news?  


post signature

23 comments:

  1. That place is amazing,a paradise!
    I understand you as I was working as a waitress before,so I was doing bad hours:nights,weekend and even holiday!I would never go back to that!
    Good luck on your new job! :)

    Only a storm in a coffee cup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I was actually considering quitting.. even if I had to pick up a waitressing job to get away!! hahaha :)
      Thank you! I really hope this new opportunity works out xx

      Delete
  2. Definitely looks like paradise! Good luck with the new working situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love the first picture and are you the girl on those two other pictures? So pretty<3

    xx

    http://stylebylinda.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you found a job with decent working hours :)
    I hope you enjoy Zanzibar so much!

    www.mykindofjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara! Absolutely love your latest Hippy Outfit post! Gorg!! xxx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful post!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your visit and comment! but I can't see you in my followers list! please check it and I follow you back.:)))

      Delete
    2. Hiya I followed you on Bloglovin but could not find you GFC link! Link it to me? xx

      Delete
  6. Wow that looks like an amazing place to visit. So beautiful from that picture; the colour of the water is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks a lot for your visist dear:) wowiee congrats on getting a new job! their working hours seem perfect:) and normal lol.
    and lucky you!! zanzibar must be paradise:) look at that clear water, so beautiful.
    i'm going to greece in september and can't wait:)))

    ps. we don't celebrate thanksgiving in switzerland either... but man, i wish to have a piece of that turkey one day haha

    lots of love & have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wow Greece would be a dream! I went there when I was about 2 I think.. so I cannot really remember.

      Delete
  8. I love a normal hour job, congrats!
    Xo, Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you'll be going to Zanzibar?! How cool! So jealous! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. enjoy your trip to Zanzibar! It looks beautiful!

    Isabel @ Walk of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must be a wonderful place, enjoy it Jade :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, congrats in you new job, it sounds like it's a much better fit for you!

    myfifthavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade