Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, July 29, 2013

Sunday Funday!

Who here knows David Bowie? Anyone.... Anything???

Well if not, here's one of his songs for you all to listen to:


He's not exactly my most favorite musician and I'd be stumped if you asked me to name his songs off of the top of my head! But I had to laugh at what happened to me last night.

I went out to see a friend at the most amazing little village called Timberlake in the middle of no where. It is kind of like a little market square with a kiddies play park, petting zoo, little bar shack and restaurant as well as some adorable little stores with crystals, fairy's and wind chimes. It is gorgeous.



It was only supposed to be one quick drink.. a little farewell before I jet off to Zanzibar in a few days time. But does it ever go that way???? One drink? Pfft.

We met up at 13h15 on a Sunday afternoon and parted ways nearing on 23h00. We drank all day. We listened to some amazing live music. We stroked a pig and fed some goats and watched a poor little boy get completely traumatized when a turkey tried to eat him. Hahaha... not so funny when rolls are revered hey little dude!? Shame though. I think the little kid is scarred for life.

After a few hours I think my folks finally realized something was missing from home... namely.. their daughter. So, I got a message from her... clearly she'd been listening to David Bowie on her iPad.


If you don't know the story from listening to the song... Ziggy Stardust was a persona that David Bowie basically adopted in the 70's. Freaking brilliantly genius reply I'd say. I had to laugh.

Anywho... so the night was complete and utter madness and this morning it took me over half an hour in the shower to scrub off red permanent market that somehow found its way onto my legs. Originally, we had wanted to add our mark onto the walls at Pili Pili as one does when you are at the awesome beach bar over there. Buuuuut.... weeeellllll....... I mean last time I was there I stole a life-size cardboard cut out of Kelly Slater and drew a mustache on him for goodness sake... I had to continue the naughty streak! I couldn't have done it any other way!!
So we ended up going slightly mad with the market pen.. I think at one stage I was even picked up and wrote on the ceiling on the guys bathrooms. Oooops. Sorry Pili Pili!


He is such a cool guy and I feel so blessed to have met someone that I am on the same level with. We just get each other. It is so easy to talk and joke and have fun and it’s not often I find a friend that I connect with so quickly.

I will always be the type of girl that has more male friends than female. It is who I am. I have far much more fun with guys than I do with women because a lot of the time I just cannot care less about the kind of pointless conversations that females have. I don’t read magazines or care about how hot some latest actor is… I don’t give a damn about what Kim Kardashian and Kanye West named their son and whatnot. Just no. It’s not me.





(yes... the above photo is taken above a urinal).






So... now that I am more or less scrubbed completely clean again (who knew that nail polish remover / acitone removes permanent marker off of the skin!!?) and am sporting one or two new nice blisters on my feet from sparks from an outside fire shooting at me... it is time to pack for Zanzibar!
I've been told I need to pack light. Light??? What's that!? hahahaha

These were my favorite shots from last nights shenanigans:



Hope you all had a stunning weekend and may you all have the best week ahead filled with lots of love and happiness!




post signature

31 comments:

  1. I love your beanie! Too cute <3 looks like a fun time

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alexa! It is from a market stall in Covent Garden, London <3

      Delete
  2. Seems like you have a lovely time (: xx , the paper you went seems so amazing!! It's like those really vintage place, lovely photos! (:

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was really special, a place to definitely return to again one day :)

      Delete
  3. Those are like the best times , where a quick drink turns into a complete jol haha love the whole writing on the mans bathroom , I haven't done that in ages . Hope you have an amazing time in Zanzibar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Meghan! And thank you for the top tips on photography! What an awesome post xxxx

      Delete
  4. Nice pics...
    A meeting without wine is just meeting.. :p
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahahaha such an awesome sign I found in the market square.. and so true ;)

      Delete
  5. I love David Bowie. He's somethin' awesome. :)

    Also, I totally agree that girls do say a lot of pointless things. I feel like both genders can say a lot of pointless things, but girls are catty and tend to looove talking about other people a little too much for my liking, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think men can also be a lot more bitchy than we give them credit for ;)
      but either way, I choose male companionship! Just have a lot more fun with them ;)

      Delete
  6. These pictures are absolutely hilarious. I'm more of a guy's girl myself as well. I hate to generalize people into categories with as much diversity as 50% of the world's population, but I do find my personality to typically fit better with guys. I've had great girlfriends, but they do tend to be rare. Sounds like a total blast!

    <3becky
    www.loosefromthezoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Becky, thanks for your comment :)
      Loving your new post about the move. Bert is the cutest little guy! <3

      Delete
  7. Ahaha, oh wow, you rebel! ;)
    This is awesome, you're such a spirited person, I have a feeling you'd be fun to know in real life haha.
    I can definitely agree, guy friends are more fun and laidback to hang out with. I often can't connect with girls because of the cattiness they bring to friendships.

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aww thank you very much Linda, that is so sweet of you xxxxxx

      Delete
  8. I love how open your are with your blog sharing your life, adding all these interesting photos :) I am looking forward to more blog posts from you! xx

    laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura, always fun stuff to write about! <3

      Delete
  9. Really admire your free spirited personality and how you allow yourself to simply get lost in the moments as they come. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I love comments like this, they make me so happy.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  10. Awesome! I can't believe how cool your mom is...!
    Agreed- guys are seriously so much fun to hang around with. When I spent time at my brother's- I always laughed my hardest with him and his buddies. When I went back to Rob's home town a few years ago- before our wedding, I had the best time hanging out with him and his guy friends. No BS- just straight up hysterical. Simple. Funny. Stupid.
    Aaaaand you mentioned some red marker on your leg.. I was expecting ohhhh a bit. But that is a whole shit load of red marker!! I was going to suggest Cold Cream. The night before my graduation I for some reason.. don't ask- drew a mustache and goatee on my face.. and yup.. it was on there good. So I used Cold Cream- clowns use it to remove their makeup! Anyways- baby's a crying. Peace out homey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow cold cream!!! Weird!!! Thanks!!!

      Hahaha my mum does have her moments ;)

      Delete
  11. wow!!!! everything seemed so fun and carefree!! love your spirit!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always love your photography
    check my blog if you want too:)
    NEW POST -> Tr3nDyGiRL Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Having such fun on instagram lately too! :)

      Delete
  13. great and funny snaps!
    muah*
    mariana

    http://asouthbreeze.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks like a really fun night! Glad you met a new friend! And I laughed so hard at your text to your mom!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade