Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Saturday, March 29, 2014

I Can't Keep Calm It's My 23rd Birthday!!!

My 23rd birthday is fast approaching and for the first time in my life - I don't have a plan. 

I don't even have a vague idea of what I would like to do! 
That doesn't sound like me at all.  What has happened to me?
I have always been the sort of person that plans everything to perfection. 
Then, last year, the year of my 22nd birthday, was the year that everything seemed to change. I found myself alone in London with no friends or family to spend the day with. I kept myself busy but it still wasn't nice having no one there to celebrate with me. 

Ever since then, I promised myself that my 23rd would be spent with my loved ones and I made a pact that I'd do something special. 
Lately though, I've been wondering if it's really such a big deal anyway. It isn't exactly a special birthday like your 21st or 30th birthdays are. Does it really matter that much? Am I getting too old to celebrate my birthday? Do I throw a big party? Go clubbing? Bar Hop? Have a fancy dinner? Dress up? Do a barbeque at home? Would people come? Would people make an effort to dress up? Would they enjoy themselves? These are the sort of things on my mind and it is just becoming a stress to me instead of what it should be - fun.

I have already booked myself in for one or two little spoils at the spa so at least no matter what happens there will be a bit of pampering done.

Although I haven't got the slightest inclination of what I actually want to do... I know exactly what I don't want: 



This on the other hand, looks rather inviting:
(It would inevitably end in exactly the above though!)


Choices, choices! 

What did you do for your 23rd birthday? 

post signature

22 comments:

  1. Happy Born Day ,Jade... wish u all the best ... hillarious cake but cute tho.. and hope all ur dreams come true..
    xoxo

    www.mysecretfabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Verna, not yet though! Only in May - just planning ahead :)

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Indy - only in May though! If you read this post you'd have read in the first line: my birthday is fast approaching... or something like that..... humph.

      Delete
  3. You can never be too old to celebrate, never! I think as long as you are surrounded by your favorite people in your life, that is all that really matters and makes it a special event regardless of what you are actually doing it.

    I'm 33 years old now and honestly I cannot remember what I did on my 23rd birthday or 24th... I don't think this is a good sign for me :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha I'm sure you had a blast no matter what - looks like you did recently too! Lucky lady! xxx

      Delete
  4. My best wishes to you in this year of your life 23.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm 25 and I can't remember my 23rd birthday... and not because I spent it like the Barbie in the first pic (hilarious, by the way) :) I think it doesn't really matter how you celebrate, but it's important to do something you really like, or just be relaxed and not think about problems for a day :) That's my idea of a perfect birthday.

    http://bellapummarola.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha thank you I loved the cake too!
      Thanks for the advice love x

      Delete
  6. Hi,

    Lovely post! Your blog looks amazing! <3

    Check out my latest post :
    http://thatgirlfromcolombo.blogspot.com/2014/03/website-review-wwwaidentistcom_29.html

    would you like to follow each other on GFC & Bloglovin?

    Follow me & I'll follow you back.. x

    Love,
    ThatGirlFromColombo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't remember...my 23rd bday is so far way... I am 30 now...so bad!
    Nameless Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spa time is always a treat and a great way to spend a birthday! Wishing you a fab 23rd, Doll!!! I know you'll have fun whatever you do! xx T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey.. Hasn't been yet but it's coming up! Glad I have the spa booked! Xx

      Delete
  9. The cake is awesome, funny!I don't even care celebrating b-day anyway, but I'm sorry to hear that you feel alone.Happy B-day! Don't forget, you have all of us"BLOGGERS"!Xo
    http://www.fabuloustorture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I thought the cake was pretty hilarious too :)

      Delete
  10. Oohhh I'm sure we had a bbq b'day party! Rob's mom and dad were almost always visiting in the summer and they always throw me a party..! I like the look of that drink lady..! AND- you have to share WHEN your b'day is.. so I can have a drink FOR you that day.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh lovely!!! Bbq's always go down well. It's only mid May... I just like to plan in advance :)

      Delete
  11. Wow, your 23rd birthday looks super awesome. I am just in love with everything in your party. That cake is awesome. My sister recently celebrated her 25th birthday and it was also a blasting evening. She hosted Oscar themed party at the indoor Venues in San Francisco which everyone enjoyed to the fullest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade