Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Basil Pesto Chicken Farfalle with Mushrooms and Chili

Finally my main course recipe is up! Sorry it took a while,but as promised see below the main course for my brothers birthday meal I created for him on the 17th July:

Ingredients to make this amazing pasta recipe:
Serves 5
  • 2 Cloves of Garlic, Diced
  • 1 Onion, Ruggedly Chopped
  • Packet of Preferred Mushrooms, Sliced
  • 1 Large Chili, Diced (optional)
  • 1 Full Tub of Basil Pesto Paste (or alternatively make your own)
  • Farfalle Pasta (Butterfly Pasta)
  • 5 Skinless Chicken Fillets
  • 1 Large Lemon
  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Salt and Pepper





First I boiled the kettle and prepared my Farfalle (butterfly pasta!). 
I sauteed my mushrooms, onions and garlic in a skillet until they were soft then I added in my red chili.

Draining my pasta out once done al dente, I added it to the skillet and tossed the ingredients all through before dolloping in an entire tub of basil pesto paste! (Usually I make my own pesto paste but I was on a tight budget unfortunately! To find my normal pesto recipe click on the link below:

I stirred everything through and warmed it on the stove, leaving it on low heat while I prepared my chicken strips. 

I love cooking chicken through with a bit of freshly squeezed lemon juice... it just adds that extra tang! So I cooked through my chicken with some lemon juice, seasoning with salt and pepper as I went and also chucked in a few left over bits of chili that I didn't add to the skillet mix. 

Once the chicken was cooked through (take a chunk out and slice it open to make sure it's cooked inside), I dished up the pasta mix and topped it with the chicken strips on the side. 
Voila. Ready to serve and devour! 

The chili is completely optional by the way - I just LOVE spice but just that one red chili was really potent. It was about 12cm long though! Luckily the majority of my family likes chili too!
   
The mushrooms were my favorite bit, they were so juicy and and succulent! This whole dish was actually really good but extremely filling, especially as it came after a starter and was followed by a peppermint crisp dessert! We literally exploded. 

It's a very garlicky dish so just be warned - maybe you should add a box of breath mints to your shopping list for the next morning! Hahaha!

Granted I could have worked a little more on the presentation - but it was still delicious! And it's no secret that presentation isn't exactly my strong suit!

So there you go folks, another new recipe from yours truly. If you ever happen to make it I'd love to hear your feedback or if you have found any great recipes lately I'd love to experiment with them so get in touch by commenting below and I will find the time to get back to each and every one of you!


Hope you all had a marvelous weekend and have a good week ahead! I have only eight days left at the spa I currently work at and then I am back on my travels. 

So far this year alone I have been to over 10 countries, 15 towns and cities, four airplanes, six airports, 1 European Coach, countless tube's and tram's and a ferry from London to Paris... and in just a few short days I am continuing my journey to new places and adventures with amazing friends. 

Travel is life. 


post signature

29 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Linda, please let me know if you ever do! I'd love to hear some feedback :)

      Delete
  2. haha you're making me hungrier
    this looks so good, i should probably try this one day heh

    alysia x
    http://retr0cede.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahaha looking at recipes or pinterest food pics when your hungry is the worst!!

      If you ever give it a try, let me know :) xxxxx

      Delete
  3. Looks and sounds amazing, I'd love this

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks delicious! Gonna give this a go :)

    www.doseofsprinkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thank you very much Kerry I hope it goes well! x

      Delete
  5. Looks yummy (: , the food look super delicious. xx lovely update!

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha thank you so much! I suck at presenting a final plate up though. Not exactly my strong suit.

      Delete
  6. Yum! I love chicken pasta dishes so I'll have to try this out! Have fun travelling! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Awesome! I would absolutely love to hear what an Italian thinks of this dish and what recommendations you would have to improve it!? xxxx

      Delete
  8. It looks so yummy :) I use lemon juice too much in meals , especially with white meat .
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good, I'm definitely going to have to try and make this. Thanks for sharing.

    LittlePinkRainBoots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a pleasure! Enjoy it and let me know how it goes if you can ;)

      Delete
  10. Hi Jade,

    I'm so glad I discovered your blog! This pasta looks absolutely amazing! I'm seriously drooling over here! Thanks for sharing this recipe. I'll have to try it out! I'm your newest follower via google (193) and bloglovin' (55). We could also keep in touch via twitter? My ID is sensiblestylist, so just let me know if you follow me so I can add you back!

    http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimberly,

      Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for following! I am just about to go and check out your blog.

      Chat soon! :)

      Jade

      Delete
  11. thank you for the recipe, looks so good. so going to try this! lovely blog as well, you got yourself a new follower (followed on GFC) and looking forward to your next update.

    xoxo
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay thank you so much lovely lady, always love meeting new people xxxxx

      Delete
  12. Oh that looks really good! Is it the pesto that gives it the heavy garlic taste? I love garlic.. but try not to eat tooooo much because of breastfeeding. I am definitely going to give this a try. I really love finding a new dish to add to my recipe book!
    Because you are going away, does that mean you'll be away from blogging as well?! Too bad if that's the case. I've enjoyed following you these days!
    Oh and GOOD for you for traveling! I am embarrassed to say.. I have only been to the U.S. once. Other than that, I haven't been anywhere else outside of Canada! One day I'll travel the world...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try and blog as much as possible! I had a two month-ish break not so long ago due to travelling and I missed it so much!!! So hopefully I'll keep updating! xxxxxx

      Delete
  13. I tried this one and it was so so yummy!! The perfect addition to wine ;). Have a fabulous time in Zanzibar babes x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't believe you tried it!! Thank you!!! :)


      www.bohemianmuses.blogspot.com

      Delete
  14. Looks yummy - well apart from the chicken part, as I am a veggie :) x

    ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade