Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Sunday, July 7, 2013

It's My 200th Blog Post!!!!

It is my 200th Blog Post!!! Yay me!!!! Another reason to celebrate with my good friend, Gordon (second name: Gin) after work.

I'd been wondering as the time loomed closer what I would write about on my 200th post and I just couldn't come up with anything totally and completely awesome. 

Then I received an email. 

It read:

  • NAME SENSORED

    Just had a flash memory... young like 8... And I met you at a restaurant, you were waiting for somebody to finish? We played,, and you gave me a blue glitter plastic friendship bracelet.. Do you remember this?

It was from this strapping young lad below: 



Can I just die right now???? 

So, in honor of tiny little eight year old me.. or in actual fact I think I was nine or ten, which makes him my toy boy.

Crap.
  
I have decided to dedicate my 200th blog post to the adorable days of my innocent youth!
We've all been there.
We've all made twats of ourselves at some point in life.
We'll probably still do things today that in fifteen years time we'll cringe at! We'll date the wrong men, we'll think we've met our best friend in life, we'll decide to give up eating meat, we'll change our hair color or style into whatever's trending at the moment... we'll even get a tattoo that at the time seems like such a fabulous idea but in years to come we'll probably either look down at it and think, 'WHY?!' or merely just smile at the memory fondly.
What I'm getting at is - live life without regrets.

Everything that you've done in life up until this point has made you who you are today. Life is about lessons and discovering who we are... and how will we ever discover who we are without (example) giving a sparkly blue friendship bracelet to some random person you've known for all of ten minutes and who would later turn into some sort of Greek God??? 

C'est La Vie!



post signature

32 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog (following you back on GFC and bloglovin) and congrats on your 200th blog post :)
    I absolutely liked it, I agree; I think we all have so many memories of younger 'me' version and even if our choices weren't exactly right for us, it made us who we are today :)

    xoxo
    Maja

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much Maja! That means a lot to me! Keep well x

      Delete
  2. Really like this post & ahh he is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're beautiful and congrats on your 200th post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are gorgeous!!

    xoxo, Lexie
    http://idresstoimpress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a nice post! Congrats on 200! He is handsome and you look so pretty in that picture!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Savannah thank you so much for always leaving such sweet comments! xx

      Delete
  7. He really is a cutie!! Congrats on your 200th post! very awesome and you are so right life is all about living at the edge of your comfort zone , doing things that you may or may not regret is just part of this journey .

    ReplyDelete
  8. well done! shall we follow with bloglovin and facebook?
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true! You're post reminds me of one of my favorite quotes by Elenore Roosevelt, you know that footprints one. As hard as life may get or be it in turn also makes you into a stronger and 'better' version of yourself if you're open to it. Thanks for a wonderful post to kick off the week and a happy 200th post to you darling.

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a nice comment! I am going to google Elenore's quote now :) xxx

      Delete
  10. congrats on 200 posts! Xo, Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jade thank you so much for your visit on my blog and your kind words. I am loving your blog also, so many beautiful photos!!! Loving it!!!
    I am following you already with GFC. Do you have bloglovin? If you do let me know and I will follow your blog also with it. :)
    Hope you keep in touch and visit me again
    Kisses from Toronto
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much! Yes I do have Bloglovin its on the side of the page :) just above my GREAT BLOGS link ;)

      Delete
  12. Great post hahhaa! The story was so adorable! Congrats! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Pic!!!

    FOLLOW ME:
    https://www.facebook.com/Rimanerenellamemoria
    http://rimanerenellamemoria.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Haha that boy is going to have a fright when he sees himself on your blog :p
    Now following you on BL (:
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know ;)

      I do have a new rule of no relatioship stuff on my blog though.

      Delete
  15. yay for the innocence of youth! wishing your blog a happy 200th post.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes he's cute, but I'm more drawn to your make-up, it's gorgeous!

    myfifthavenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade