Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Friday, July 19, 2013

Whadafuck Happened Yesterday???

I know that I promised you all another recipe post today, but to be honest I'm just not in the right frame of mind.

Yesterday was probably one of the weirdest days of my life.

It started off with one of the worst family fights that I have ever experienced. I tried to help and say my piece, to stop it from being on such public display and got completely and utterly annihilated in the process.

The day then proceeded to get even more arbitrary when I discovered that my ex and once very close friend is about to have a baby. Well, his girlfriend is. He is not technically pregnant.
It doesn't hurt knowing he's about to have a baby. I mean, I saw this picture of her with a great big bump already on facebook and yes it was a shock to the system. This guy used to be featured in my blog a lot back in the days of 2010. He's the guy that severely broke my heart but yet we remained close.
Today I am very much over him and had absolutely no thoughts of us ever getting back together but it is still a surreal feeling to know that someone you were so connected and close with is now seriously having a baby.... It's like a final chapter closed there.
It doesn't hurt.
I'm not sad.
Just wow...
It's a feeling I really can't describe.

THEN......
On the frikken same day.... someone I considered to be one of my closest male friends in town sent me a text message telling me he had to cut our friendship out of his life. WHADAFUCK????? It came completely out of no where. We were nattering away as always just the previous day about his sore neck among other things. I asked him why and he said I wouldn't understand it, but that he feels it is no longer appropriate. Appropriate?????? Granted he is older than I am by a few years but we have always had great, intelligent, indepth conversations about life. He is also a writer and a great one at that. I loved having such  a creative, intune person in my life.
You should always be around the people thatt bring the best out in you and for me, he was one of those people.
He said something about not having a choice and that he had to now make some really hectic decisions in his life and asked me to not take it personally. Then he thanked me for my friendship and that was that.

POOF!



WHAT THE BLOODY HELL HAPPENED YESTERDAY????

So, naturally... after work, I needed a drink. I also needed to get out of town for a bit. So I drove off to Wilderness where I met up with a new friend that I met at a grungy sports bar in town and raided his laptop for series while we shared some pretty awesome banter over beer.
The bar / restaurant we went to was called Cocomo's and it is seriously awesome. There was even a great live band and a firepit.

Once we'd established we got along and could hold a conversation, becoming buddies (yay!) we went off to Wilderness backpackers where we played pool (I am not pool champion. I'll stick to beer pong. Thanks.).

Making new friends and being in a new environment when you're down fixes everything. Refreshing, revitalizing and nourishing for the soul.



Oh yes by the way I am blonde again.

Moving on... there's a song I've been listening to repeatedly for the past few days. I just love it so much so I've added it below for your ear-pleasure.

It's called Mountains by Biffy Clyro.
Enjoy it!


I feel like this song was meant for me.

"I am the mountains! I am the sea!" BEEEEEEAUTIFUL lyrics. Love it.

I have realized that I respect myself too much to let negativity impact my life.

I do not need drama.
I do not need heartbreak. 
I do not need people who do not respect or appreciate me. 

I am good enough. YOU are good enough. Surround yourself with people who know that you are enough and that is the path to happiness.... but always remember:





22 comments:

  1. "I do not need people who do not respect or appreciate me." This is so true and relevant in my life right now, I swear I was saying it.
    Some people just don't understand that the world does not only revolve around them, that there are others to consider. I'm dealing these so called 'friends' myself.
    You have the right mentality Jade!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa-Jade, sorry to hear you seem to be going through a similar circumstance. It is not easy but so we learn and move forward. Time never stops for us to sit back and figure it all out. The wheel just keeps spinning and we just need to keep up or we'll be putty to this strange world we live in.

      Delete
  2. I do not know this restaurant

    I follow you beautiful blog. I hope you will follow me back and I will wait for you in my blog www.gabusiek.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you very much for the follow, I will of course follow back x

      Delete
  3. Just forget that you ever knew these two lads. Don't give a damn about them. There's no such thing called appropriate friendship. There's only friendship & friends. Keep listening to this song. YOU ARE DA SEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Areeba! YOU ARE DA SEA! hahaha I like that! Thank you :) Made me smile xxxxxxx

      Delete
  4. Aww, I'm sorry, Jade. Sometimes life hits you all at once. I have no doubt that you will make it through the craziness and you will come out ever stronger. Plus you seem to be super outgoing, I'm sure you will meet new people that will become true friends. Keep on keepin' on! (:
    Also, I love that song. Will you do a music post one day? You always post songs that I like!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Savannah, as always your comments always perk me up :)

      I will definitely do a music post at some point! Thank you for the request!! Let me work on something :)
      Never done one before so it'll be something new and exciting to get started on xxxx

      Delete
  5. Don't be sad, dear)
    Your blog is very cool!!
    Follow you)
    follow me, if you want..
    http://karinamalinana.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you very much Karina, lovely to have you pop by. I will check out your blog now x

      Delete
  6. Your blog is lovely!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xoxo
    gleamingspire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweety, I will go and check out your blog right now ;)

      Thank you for the comment

      Delete
  7. Ohhh bummer dude! Sounds like you were the shit sponge yesterday. I have a friend that always gets the shitty end of the stick at work and she calls herself that.. But in all seriousness, it is really awful getting into family fights. I have gotten into some pretty serious ones.. and they are really tough. And, as for your friend just ending your friendship.. it honestly just sounds more like he has a new woman in his life?? Perhaps she's not comfortable with you being a friend..? Obviously I don't know you all, but just from an outsider looking in.. that is the only thing that really makes sense. If not, strange! And certainly out of the blue! But at least you made a new friendship! And what better way to get over all of this craziness.. than a sweet pub, some pool and good, male company. (There's just something about hanging out with a bunch of male friends that is more fun.. They're more chilled out or something..!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Haley, I really love this comment.
      Thank you so much for your thoughts and advice. I really don't know what it is. If it is another woman then it is completely out of the blue but I sent him a message basically saying I hope he knows he has lost a real friend that was loyal and loved him and they are really hard to find. I also said that I hope he knows I respect myself enough to not ever let him hurt me again. I deserve better than that. I deserve friends that appreciate, respect and cherish the friendship I give to them.
      When I am friends with someone, I give them my all. I'd do anything for them.
      So people like that can just bugger off for all I care now.

      I'm just confused. I thought he was one of my closest friends in the town I live in. It was so out of the blue.

      Weird.

      Delete
  8. ohhhhh OMG, but I love it!
    shall we follow by facebook and bloglovin?
    www.supongoestilo.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahaha thanks Michelle.
      I'll go and check out your blog now :) x

      Delete
  9. Ohh dear, don't be sad! You should not give a damn about them two! If your "friend" cuts you out of his life out of nowhere, then he's not worth having or even knowing you!

    Thanks so much for following me by the way, I followed back! Stay in touch dear, you have a great blog!

    Love, Lory xx

    http://nomoneyforhighfashion.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lory, they are both good guys and he will make some lady very happy one day.... I'm just confused and hurt but I have such amazing friends both in the blogging world and in my real life that help me through the tough times. It only makes me stronger and wiser.

      Thank you x

      Delete
  10. what a rediculous day!
    i hope you and thefamily have patched things up :)

    from Brigitte at // BreezeyBee Blog | BlogLovin'

    dont forget to enter my RiRi Woo Giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how honest you are in your blog. x

    Michelle
    www.virgosandkisses.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade