Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Friday, September 13, 2013

Works Weekly Fashion

Hello all my blogging friends!! 

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments to my previous travel post on Tanzania! It's good to be properly back in the blogging world. 

I am currently crammed in my parents little office perfectly situated across the road from the Fine Arts Gallery that I now work at. 

I have had the most divine time working there so far! This is the first job I've walked into without feeling completely overwhelmed and nervous. I feel so comfortable and happy there - like I just slot right in! 

I started on a Wednesday as I still had to finalize some things with the Real Estate agency. So it isn't a full weeks worth of fashion unfortunately but these were my little ensembles for this week:

Wednesday: 





Day one I must admit I had an absolutely masssssssssive hangover. Not great for the first day at what is literally a Dream Job to me!!! But I had gone out for lunch with my friend Patrick and lunch turned into some serious Gin and Tonics, followed by a bottle of Shiraz, followed by beer.... followed by a car filled with empty bottles and two wine glasses stolen from the restaurant (which I will be returning at some point or another!). I finally collapsed into my bed at about 2am, carting around my two cats and forcing love out of them until I fell asleep curled around my hot water bottle and tubby sausage dog. Good times. 

Thursday:






Friday: 



Today was a particularly sad day for me. At 2am I woke up feeling really restless and uneasy, but I stayed in bed and cuddled closely to my sausage dog conveniently snuggled under the duvet with me as well as my ginormously tubby cat, India. 

By 3am I still hadn't been able to drift back off and I started hearing noises downstairs. I plodded down my staircase to investigate and found my mother holding one of our four furry feline friends in her arms, wrapped in a towel. 
I asked her what was wrong and she looked up at me with devastated eyes before whispering, "Mini Minx... he's dead." 
I thought it must have been a dream. He was only nine years old. Definitely not old enough for his time to be up. Although he had already exceeded far more than their given nine lives. 

He was the worlds most awesome cat. When we got him I had named him Sprite and by the time it came to neuter him we discovered he was in fact a girl. This news was given to us on April Fools day and so we renamed him or 'her' April. 
That lasted all of two weeks until somehow to vet told us that he had somehow managed to miraculously grow male genitals once more and we finally got him neutered! That is how he was dubbed: Mini Minx. 

About a year ago Mini Minx was attacked by a dog and bitten through the head. He suffered severe brain damage but he eventually recovered. My family had wanted to put him down as he as unable to close his mouth, making it impossible for him to eat or drink. I refused and took the responsibility of forcing a syringe down his throat until he was able to use his tongue and jaw again. 
The brain damage only made him more affection towards us. I think it was because he realized how much he needed us and how much we truly cared for him. 

Finding him sprawled out on the floor at 3am with no life in him was the biggest shock I've had to face in a long time. He had no wounds, no illness, no bumps... he was just gone. 
The only thing we can think of is a heart attack. 

Anyway... so we buried him in the garden at 8am this morning and planted some seeds there to grow into beautiful flowers - something we'll look at and always remember our beautiful boy. 

He really was the most awesome cat with more character and spunk than all the cats in the world combined together. He'd make us laugh daily with his quirky little ways. 

Trust Mini Minx to leave this world on Friday the 13th - cool cat that he is!

I'll love you forever Minxie-Man... here's a tribute to you:

Rest in Peace my boy.

It's my lunch break at work right now and I think that it is finally hitting me. It all felt like a bad dream at first.. but now I just keep replaying it in my head and remembering our good times. Is it lame that I feel this way about a cat? I don't think so. I'm an animal fanatic and all of my animals are literally like my four legged children.

Wishing everyone an absolutely gorgeous weekend filled with infinite love and happiness.

Let's end this working week off with a great tune! Hope you enjoy it! It's called La La La by Moll Flanders:




post signature

33 comments:

  1. nice Looks! I really like your hair:-) awesome shoots about tanzania

    Keep in touch

    Anni

    Fashion Hamburg Blog

    Fashion Hamburg Facebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much love, my hair really does need to get the roots done however!! Hahaha xxx

      Delete
  2. Such a sad post about Mini Minx (love the name!) it's amazing how close we become to our pets. My boyfriend and I just bought a hamster and obviously know we only have a couple of years at best with him...but we can't help marvel at his little paws and cute little furry butt! It think it might a case of terminal love...:) Hope you and your family are okay. I've only just stumbled onto your blog from Zoella's and I'm off to be jealous at your travel posts :) xxx

    imaginarycocktails.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I don't even know how we came up with that name :)

      Thanks for your lovely comment!

      Delete
  3. Yes, once again..you pull off a very fashionable week!
    Sad news about your cat.. I suppose it was just his time to go. Sounds like he had some good years of living with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love - and thank you so so so much for your email I have read it and absolutely ADORED every word you wrote!! What a beautiful and inspiring story.

      I will reply when I get a chance but just wanted you to know how much it is appreciated! xxxx

      Delete
  4. All your outfits were gorgeous. So sorry to hear about your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your first outfit..
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    http://instagram.com/beingbeautifulpooja

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry for your loss. You were a wonderful pet parent--caring for him so lovingly. Your outfits are fab. You've inspired me to pair my polka dot blouse with a pair of jeans. Again, so sorry for what you've been through today. T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the dots shirt and the second outfit is awsome.
    Regando mi cactus - New outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about your pet! I just wanted to let you know because you are a follower of my blog, that I have a new site address! Continue following if you please!

    http://lexiefaith.com
    xoxo, Lexie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your post! I'm happy to be your newest follower on GFC and Bloglovin; it would be great if you'd follow back :).I'll be waiting for you!
    http:/milenche22.blogspot.com
    Kisses, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you and welcome!! Will definitely follow you back xx

      Delete
  10. Hey there, loved your blog, just followed you on GFC,(239) would you mind to follow back?

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    Come visit me <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry about your cat :( Sounds like he a rough time there in the end. Hope he rests in peace.

    On a brighter side, good to hear you're enjoying your new job and that it's the perfect fit :)

    Mili from call me, Maeby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words, you're lovely x

      Delete
  12. Your Wednesday's outfit looks pretty awesome ;)
    So sad to hear about your cat !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot honey! Nice to have you stop by as always <3 love your comments x

      Delete
  13. I love the dotted blouse <3 Very pretty!

    http://loal-finn.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love I have had it for so long and never wore it, glad I finally did :) seems to be a hit!

      Delete
  14. These are great looks! I wish I could be this stylish every day of the week!

    http://dixielu302.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice outfits, it's so well-styled. i love it ! <3
    i'm following you now !, lets keep in touch :3

    http://feafum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade