Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Friday, September 27, 2013

The Life and Times of Jade Lee Wright

Going through my blog, I realized that I really haven't done many personal posts for a while. Lately it has all been taken up with the likes of travel and fashion. The whole fashion thing is a fairly new concept to me. This blog, way back when, used to be based purely on my every day thoughts and latest happenings. I can't really tell you when that started to change but what I can say is that something that I used to be quite literally fearless about, now petrifies me. I'm not sure I even know how to write down my own emotions in the raw and open way that I used to . . . not even just to myself. 

I have kept diaries - or as I like to refer to them, 'Journals,' pretty much my whole life and these are but a few:


Yet now... the only recent thing that has gone into the private pages of 2013's journal is a flower that I'm trying to press that was given to me by a very special friend. 

I tried to give the whole 'personal' thing a whirl the other day by writing my Remembrance post and I must admit that I did get some amazing responses. Dozens of emails filtered into my inbox as well as some absolutely beautiful comments - some of which were so inspiring and helpful. I feel abundantly blessed to have such a wonderful group of readers' that literally take the time to write me lengthy, personal messages that truly made my heart swell. 

I feel guilty as it has been difficult for me to respond to emails as I only have internet for one hour each day during my lunch breaks at work and in that time I need to email assignments off to uni, update my pretty neglected blog and try as hard as possible to pop by all of your blogs too! It's tough now that I don't have permanent internet but it is definitely something that is due for a change! As soon as the funds will allow :) 

Anyhoo... without further delay... here is what has been going on in my world of late:

After the death of my cat, my family and I decided to get preeeeeeetty merry with a bottle of wine and a few glasses of whiskey. 
We then decided to haul out the camera and snap some photographs of us with our beloved furry friends. These were the best pics from the bunch:









I then decided that it would be a fantastic idea to open another bottle of wine . . . alone . . . and paint a picture of my cat... and it actually started out to be pretty good!


But as the wine slowly crept up on me, I buggered the whole thing up. 

I was stubborn and kept thinking that I could fix it so I carried on poking and prodding, tweaking here and there... 
THEN, by some bright spark idea, completely wine-induced, I hung the painting (still wet,) up on the wall. I plodded (or more than likely stumbled,) over to the other side of the room and stared at the painting for a good few minutes with the humbling sound of awesome folk music strumming along in the background, before setting back to work, with the painting still hung on the wall.

  I got a stool and proudly stood on top of it, beginning to paint again. I royally f!@ked it up... beyond salvation... and then spent a good 20 minutes scrubbing my walls free of black paint. Whoops. 

(I'm a writer. I'm an artist. No judgement!)  

I also spent a large chunk of the night scrubbing away at my carpet because, of course, I knocked over my glass of red wine. I even tried that salt trick I've heard about to remove the stain but nothing worked... SO, I did what any clever person in my situation would have done... I grabbed a rug, covered it up and hoped for the best. Problem solved!!! This didn't do much for the likes of my favorite fluffy white slippers though. I now have one pink slipper and one white. Evidence. Shiiiiiiiiiiyat. 

Moving on... 

When I first started blogging it was when I was going through serious changes in my life. Not long after Bohemian Muses began, I got a job as a personal trainer at Curves International. It was here that I met two of my closest friends, Brendon and Chantelle. 
We worked together for ages and were pretty much inseperable.. but, as life goes, things change and people move on. 
The three of us had not been together for a number of years and then, the other day, we arranged a reunion. 

This was us back in 2010:



And this is us now:



 I'm not sure if it was just me being sickeningly sentimental, but I found it to be a very special occasion. 

Other things that have been Crackalackin' in Jade Town are things like getting the first scan of my little man, where you can actually make out the hands and the head and even a precious little smile!!!


When he is born I swear he is just going to be the light of my life!!

Hmm.. otherwise, I have been absolutely devouring every last inch of gorgeous puppy breath from my brother and sister-in-law's new little puppy, Poppy:



So there is a ton of happiness floating around (plus it has just been pay day so I am quite frankly jumping for joy!). 

Life is good. That's really all you need to know, that life is good. But, for those of you who are regular readers - I hope that you enjoyed this little (okay, pretty long...) post about literally: 

The Life and Times of Jade Lee Wright


post signature

9 comments:

  1. I, too, am an avid journal writer! Adored the furry friends pics!!! Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice pictures, thank you to share them with us :)
    Regando mi cactus - New outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aahw nice pictures! And cute dogs! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy things are going great with you Jade, it was nice to read this update from you.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great post. The cat painting was nice.. LOL I wish you would have showed us the end result.. I am too familiar with the effects of too much wine and what it does.. I have since stopped drinking wine. Too much of a problem for me! I just like it too much and unfortunate things happen when I drink it.. like puking RED all over our WHITE carpet (back in the day.. but still.) or putting a wine glass in my mouth while I did something with both hands and it shattering in my mouth and spilt RED wine all over me and the shirt I borrowed from my sister in law.....
    A baby boy- how exciting..! Can't wait to see the little man:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so many journals, -total are 11 and one is almost shipped! I just love to have it! I'm sorry to hear about your cat, but the painting that you made is awesome! Woohoo, a baby boy :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your lovely comment!!
    I already follow you!
    Follow me too!!

    xoxo

    http://estilohedonico.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade