Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, March 12, 2012

Different Ways To Make Spaghetti Bolognese

There are thousands of different ways to make Spaghetti Bolognese - I think every person has a unique recipe for such a versatile dish.

I started getting creative and concocting my own Bolognese about two years ago, when my old team from Curves would get together on almost a nightly basis for food and wine.
We'd have massive cook-ups in the bosses kitchen; really he just wanted people to cook him dinner, but my ex co-worker and still good friend and I would become very competitive to see who could win his stomach with our cooking.

Below is my easy-to-follow recipe, please enjoy and let me know what you
thought:
What you'll need

- A pack of lean mince
- Tomato and Onion Mix
- Garlic
- 3 green / red chili's
- Mushrooms
- Chutney Sauce
- Red Wine
- Spaghetti
- Salt
- Pepper
- Sugar

Recipe

- Brown the mince in your pan
- Add in the tomato and onion mix
- Dice up our garlic and chili and scrape into mix
- Add in the mushrooms
- Sprinkle in some salt and pepper and stir well
- Add a big dollop of chutney sauce ( no measurements taken)
- Add more salt and pepper
- Pour a hearty amount of red wine over your mix and let simmer

SA Tip - If it tastes like something is still missing then add a sprinkle of sugar!

And voila!

Dish up your spaghetti and coat it with this divine bolognese sauce and you will be smiling from ear to ear for the remainder of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade