Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Pictureless Blog Post

A pictureless blog post... one of the most lifeless, dull things that I could ever imagine.
I am a visual person - creative and enthusiastic about still-life. The only time I find writing acceptable without photographs would be in a novel. Even then I challenge myself to visualize myself in the setting. That's one of the reasons I enjoy watching a film after reading the book - to see the difference in my imagination and the directors. 

However, I am so thrilled and excited that I am going to have to ignore my snobbish mind-set and publish this - pictureless or not. 

As many of you know, I have been house hunting for a while now. Having recently moved out of my cottage, hoarding with me my two adorable kittens and ancient sausage dog - I have been living out of black bin-liners and suitcases since New Years Day.
This is not a bad thing though, as it had been one of my New Years Resolution to move out and start afresh. 
I'm a bit of a nester - I need to decorate, hang a painting on the wall, display some framed photographs, light some incense... being back with my folks for the first time in a good year or so has definitely been harder than I'd imagined. 

The house I spent the days of my youth in has been sold; it breaks my heart to type that... but it has. So, as a reunited family, we have been searching for a new place to call home. 
We had until the end of January to find such a place and through our hunt, I finally think we have found the rose between the thorns. 

I have not yet seen the place but I'll be taking a drive past there just now whilst on my way to work. I'm working a late shift again - and then I am off for two days! 
The house is apparently within walking distance from the beach, which means that I can already hear angels singing. 
The beach is my sanctuary. 
Nothing, I repeat, nothing is better than feeling the sand between my toes. The sound of the lapping water, the breaking waves, the salty breeze... I am a beach-bum through and through so this couldn't be turning out any better.
The roads are quiet in this area too, which means that I can finally stop being a worrisome mother and slowly start letting my cats gain back some liberty and independence; reacquaint themselves with the world of clumsy and failing (thank goodness,) pigeon hunting. 
There is no need to pack so I can really make the most of my two days off after my shift today. 

We move into this new house on Friday this week if all goes well, so please keep your fingers, toes and other proverbial limbs tightly crossed. 

I must be off - the kitchen is finally mine so a hearty cooked breakfast is calling my name. I've missed cooking. I realize that my recipe posts have been terribly choppy but I'm hoping soon to try out one or two new recipes I've been mastering up in my head. 

One last thing before I log off - as we are moving I may not be able to access the internet for a while until our wireless is back up and running. 
Please be patient with me on this matter as although I may be scarce for a few days - I'll be working hard on great posts to delight you all with upon my return!
Hopefully I'll get a post or two in again before the move though.

Happy blogging, leave your links below and I'll be sure to check out your pages! 

Thanks for everyone's wonderful comments and incredible support. 

Signing Out. 

J

3 comments:

  1. aaaw how refreshing to see a pictureless post. I'm so jealous about you living by the beach. Good luck with the house move! Catch up soon.

    http://forcailini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures or no pictures, the words were enough! So glad that you found a house!
    And it's by the beach!? thats like a 2 for one :) Happy moving and I'm just smitten with your blog.

    xoxo,
    tiana of l'esthetique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the move, I have everything crossed for you :) a house by the beach sounds perfect to me!

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade