Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Mr Price Haul

These are a few things that I bought today. 

Whenever I do a bit of retail therapy I make sure that I sell at least the same amount of items on my vintage clothing store website, Salvage. 
I have already had a bit of a catastrophe with my wardrobe rail collapsing from too many clothes being shoved in so I need to make sure each shopping spree is counteracted with a bit of a sale. 

The first item I chose was the cream and gold Pretty Darling Purse. I adore the seal and how you need to twist it to unlock it. It is spacious enough on the inside for me but I wouldn't recommend it if you have a lot of different cards that you use on a regular basis. 
There are five card compartments which does me fine with my bank card, Mr. Price Account Card, Body Shop Card, Medical Aid Card and Drivers License. 
There are also four other compartments in a different section of the purse but I really struggled to fit my other cards in them, (such as my movie loyalty card and library card). 
There's a small coin pouch as well as two slots to put your notes away (these sections will remain empty for a while now unfortunately!). 
Overall I just thought that this was a really pretty little purse and I was getting bored of my old maroon one anyway. 
Price: This was just R49.99 which in pounds would be £3.55

The second item was this really soft material Floral Dress
It has two baggy pockets and a little zip trailing down the front. It comes up about one hand above the knee.   
I fell in love with this the second I touched it - it really is that soft. 95% polyester and 5% spandex this Summer's dress is comfortable, stretchy, soft and pretty much perfect for the 30 degree days we're experiencing here in South Africa lately. 
I'll be making good use of this that's for sure! 
Wear it purely as a nice beach dress or pair it with some plain leggings. 
I can imagine this item can be really versatile, you could even wear it out to drinks. 
I may be inspired to do a post purely on different ways to wear this actually! If you'd be interested in something like that or something similar then please leave your requests below!
 Price: R69.99 (which in pounds is about £5.00)
 
I then moved on to the jewelery section and let me just say here that I really haven't enjoyed Mr. Price jewelery for a while now.

I was really impressed by these three items though: 

 

 


The Turquoise Cross Earrings caught my attention first and when I saw how reasonably priced they were I just couldn't say no! 
Price: R19.99 (£1.42)

The Black & Silver Peace Ring was my next find.  
Price: R19.99 (£1.42)


Lastly I grabbed the Turquoise Stone Silver Ring.
This is a one size fits all piece and I just loved everything about it, from the stone to the pretty design on the silver around it. 
Price: R29.99 (£2.13)

I'm so happy that I have managed to find a few new pieces of jewelery. I had sold so much through my store that I literally had nothing left in that department! 
Clothing wise though I don't think there will ever be a problem!

Good luck on your next shopping expedition! Let me know what awesome bargains you come across. 

Happy Shopping!

 
 

17 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I'm your newest follower ;)

    Love, Annewil
    http://lovetolittlethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, amazing bargains! I just googled Mr. Price and it turns out that there's one in Ireland too, but it looks like a supermarket! Booo!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rings you picked up!
    Please check out my blog and follow?
    www.clairebaretm.blogspot.co.uk

    Love your blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely purse, need a new one myself

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that turquoise stone ring!! Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog:)
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great, love it :)
    ty for your lovely comment..
    great blog, following now, kisses

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the floral dress!
    So sad you had this wardrobe rail collapse. But clever that you decided to have a purchase sale balance ;-)

    Thanks so much for following me. Very happy to follow back and like the FB page. What's the link to your shop?

    Love,
    Jolien

    http://julianaandthedaydream.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great buy! You're right, that dress is perfect for summer! :)

    Xo,
    Amor GLAMOROZA

    ReplyDelete
  9. That purse is so pretty!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool! I love the cross earrings. Thanks for dropping by my blog! I followed back ;)

    http://silverwriting818.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those cross earrings!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a nice blog! Would you follow me also??

    www.fashionalertt.com

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice shopping bag you got there girl, I love everything you bought but my favorite have to be the dress and the ring! Your have a lovely blog by the way and I am a new follower! Hope you will like my blog and follow back!

    Pop Culture&Fashion Magic

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade