Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

My New Home




 Yesterday I went for a bicycle ride around my new neighbourhood and had a peep around the outside of my new home. I fell in love with it instantly. 

It is very old and needs a hell of a lot of work but you can see the potential a mile away - and it really is literally a 30 second walk away from the beach!

It is guarded with white-picket fencing and has the most gorgeous little gazebo as the entrance. There's a lovely, social braai area at the back and even a little studio hut that mum and I have decided to turn into our art room. 

Today, my brother, Leonard and my friend, Amie, joined me for a further peek inside the house and it only made me love it more. 

Here are a few of the snaps I took of our unfurnished home. Once we have decorated and settled in I will do another visual post of Before and After! 







The entire upstairs section is mine and consists of two massive, sweltering hot rooms. The one will obviously become my bedroom while the other will become my entertainment and study area. 
Instead of having a sofa, I have decided to bring up my old sun-lounger bed and adorn it with continental pillows and throws. It will make it look far more unique and bohemian. 
There will be my flat-screen television in there too along with my mass-collection of movies. My computer will have a little spot in the corner where I can already see myself typing furiously away in the middle of the night on novels and blog posts... 
There's some really badly put together shelving in the room as well so all of my books have a snug little spot too. 





Like I said - it needs some serious work and nesting but the potential is right in front of you!

I have never had a home without a swimming pool before - but who needs one when the ocean is practically my backyard?!







8 comments:

  1. aaaw Jade your humble abode looks lovely. Your bedroom is amazing; when I saw it, I automatically thought about how much space I would have to accommodate my clothes! I love the little gated entrance as well. I would love to be sweltering right now, still loads of snow here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is such a lovely house. I can't wait to see the makeover and progress. How exciting :)

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend
    Giveaway Post >>> bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/love-dress-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I am now following, I don't want to miss out on any house updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to live near the ocean ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww this is so cute, lucky girl!

    http://alittlebitunique.blogspot.co.uk/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you left the link to your new post on my blog so I can keep up with the progress of your house :)
    Its so beautiful and quaint! I'm absolutely obsessed! Thank you so much, too, for all of your sweet comments on my blog!
    The photography is done by a few friends of mine and then I edit them :) There's a link under the photos if you want to check out more!

    xoxo,
    tiana of l'esthetique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations for your new home, it is sooooooo pretty! :)

    HTTP://THEREDCOATODYSSEY.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this house, is amazing =)
    http://thirtysomethingchic.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade