Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, January 16, 2017

Day #3: 30 Day Writing Challenge

What are your top 3 Pet Peeves:


  1. Disrespecting others. Whether that be by means of cheating, lying, stealing, bullying, cancelling plans at the last minute, making plans with someone and then deciding you have somewhere better to be, breaking promises, being fake... it hurts me. Someone disrespecting me or someone I know - it quite literally has the ability to drive me crazy. Everyone in life deserves respect and peace. Think about how you would want to be treated. Would you want someone else to be messing around with another guy or girl behind your back? No. So don't do it to another person. Would you want someone else to be lying to you? Even if the truth hurts, it is the truth and nothing can hurt worse than finding out you have been lied to regardless of the pain the truth may cause. Would you want someone else stealing your valued property or picking you apart for your inevitable flaws??? We all have them. You may have stretch-marks, a big nose, you may be a bit tubby or too thin, you may have a lisp or frizzy hair or freckles - they make us who we are. Stop hurting others. Please.
  2. Snoring. Lying there awake listening to someone else snore and grumble while you can't get any sleep... drives me absolutely mad.. hence why I bought Cheffy a very expensive snoring kit for Christmas which he hasn't touched. Go figure.
  3. Taking over in the kitchen. If I am cooking, leave me. Unless you want to chop the onions and save me from looking like I've been to a funeral, then that's alright... but don't take over. Don't give me short-cuts and tell me there's better ways of doing something, I do things my way and I like it. Cooking to me is very therapeutic. If I don't need to rush, don't make me. I like chopping and stirring and smelling and tasting. I put love and attention into my food as I do with everything else in my life. 5 + 3 = 8 but 2 + 6 = 8 too. People have different ways of doing things. Let them. 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I like your analogy of the different numbers that add up to eight... there are definitelu different ways to get there ... my pet peeve is when people disrespect my time... oh and I love hearing someone snore, I know that makes me odd... lol ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade