Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Day #2: 30 Day Writing Challenge

Write something that someone told you about yourself that you never forgot:

Guys have told me earth-shatteringly beautiful things about myself in the past. Some guys are good with words. Some guys can tell you exactly what you want to hear. At the time of reading their compliments I am amazed - I think it is the most wonderful thing I have ever heard someone say about myself. I say I will never forget... but then when something goes wrong in my life, when the self-doubt builds and my confidence crumbles, all positive thoughts about myself evaporate as if they were never there. I don't remember the things people told me to make me feel good about myself, I don't remember anything. I wish I had saved the messages so I could reread them in a dark time - but in a moment of great sadness or relentless anger I delete the compliments from my memory.

What I'm saying is that it is hard to remember good things someone says about you when you are going through a tough time in life. It's a sad reality that negativity seems to shadow all positivity when you need it the most. But we shouldn't rely on other peoples words and compliments with such obvious hidden intentions in order to feel better about ourselves. We should really be writing something that you tell yourself about yourself that you will never forget here, something good. Something that makes you proud of yourself.... 


But for the sake of todays challenge I have written something I know someone has said to me in the past and it made me feel pathetically whole again... because we can be shallow like that sometimes.
I asked the first guy I ever truly fell in love with, the guy I wrote a book about, what he loves best about me once... and this was his response. His words always captivated me:

In a word: beauty. I know that sounds simple, but it is not. To me it pertains to so many things. Your attention to details in life is beautiful. Your zest for life is beautiful. The way you enrich people's live's with only your presence is stunning! Trust me, I know! You've made my life so much more beautiful and exciting just by meeting you! Even the way you love food and how you describe it is beautiful to me! Your book, writing style is totally beautiful! And then, I'm not even including your external beauty here - In that department you have no lack or limits! You are by far the most beautiful woman I have ever met-everything about you is gorgeous! Your eyes, your hair, your lips your body, legs! (You have stunning legs!! . Even the way you dress speaks volumes about you and is extremely beautiful! Hope that answers your question? But really, truthfully when I think of you, the first word that comes to mind, always is beautiful.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. Jade, you are beautiful... inside and out, that comes through your writing. I agree with you that we shouldn't rely on others for how we feel about ourselves, we need to say them to ourselves and really mean it... It's not always easy when we are going through tough times, I know... as do you xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade