Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Steak in a Stunning Spicy Marinade

This is one of my all time favorite meals.



Ingredients you will need to make this dish (Serves 4):

  1. Four Potatoes 
  2. Milk
  3. Two Spring Onions
  4. A packet of rocket
  5. A packet of portobellini mushrooms
  6. A bottle of red tobasco
  7. Worcestershire Sauce
  8. Balsamic Reduction
  9. Balsamic Vinegar
  10. 1/2 cup of brown sugar
  11. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  12. 1 Red Onion
  13. 4 - 6 Garlic Cloves
  14. 2 Table Spoons of Ketchup
  15. Ground Black Pepper
  16. Salt
  17. One Tablespoon of Horseradish
  18. Steak!

Firstly, peel and half your potatoes and put them on the boil in salted water. While these are softening you can prepare your marinade. 

(Please note that the below recipe instructions for the marinade does not need to be done in any particular order):

Pour 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar into a big bowl (big enough to put your steak in later on).
Pour 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce into the mix.
Dice up your red onion and scatter that into the bowl. 
Stir in the cup of brown sugar along with the diced garlic.
Chuck in the sliced mushrooms and give it all a good stir. 
Dollop in two hearty spoonfuls of ketchup.
Grind in salt and pepper to your liking and then add the tobasco. Be as brave as you like this the tobasco - personally, I poured in over half of the bottle!! But even I will admit that it was a little bit much!! So experiment and taste - you can always add more in later. 
Don't worry if it doesn't look very liquidy - it just needs to be enough for the steak to lie in (for as long as possible). 
Turn the steak regularly to soak up the flavors on all sides.

While the steak is marinading in the fridge, ruggedly chop some spring onions.

Once the potatoes are boiled, rinse the water from the pot and mash the potatoes with a lug of milk. Toss in your chopped up spring onions into the mash (trust me.. it is delicious!).

Take the marinade from your steak and plop it into a pot to cook. You need to make sure the mushrooms are ready before you cook your steak.  

Quickly sear your meat on a very hot pan - personally, I like steak blue, but this is completely up to you - but anywhere over medium is considered sacrilege!!!

Dish up the mash, place your steak beside it and layer in a delicious spicy tabasco sauce! 
Squeeze some balsamic reduction over the dish and top with a handful of rocket.

Voila!!!
Grubs up!





post signature 



32 comments:

  1. That looks so good and seems quite easy. I can only do easy, I am not a cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you could do this - I made it again last night. Just divine xxx

      Delete
  2. OMG yum! But half a bottle of Tabasco! Hahaha! You're certainly brave Jade!

    SDMxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha thank you Sonia - it was too much, I'll admit :) x

      Delete
  3. This looks very tasty. I don't cook steak though, steak is my hubby's job! :)
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I used to be scared of cooking steak - now I love it and prefer if I do it myself :D

      Delete
  4. Wow that sounds delicious! Steak and potatoes are two of my favorite foods.
    http://memandco.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a easy-to-make yet satisfying dinner recipe! definitely making something like this next them when I have friends around! <3

    Check out my latest post on the Blog :)
    AL xx
    RASSP STYLERASSP INTERIOR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, thanks for the recipe, it looks soo delicious. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love finding out new recipes! This meal look very delicious, I would surely love to try it out myself! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us! :)

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks really good. I'm going to have to give it a try! I'm glad you have a recipe page that I can refer to for this one! I'll email you my results when I make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo can't wait to hear about your version xxxxxx

      Delete
  9. This looks absolutely delicious!! And easy to make. Maybe I'll try it one day ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that looks soooo delicious!!!!

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy, Yummy. Looks amazing.

    www.japolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sound delicious! Gnam Gnam :D
    http://chocolateglass.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks yummy and the presentation is top notch!

    www.spanishmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it is the first time that I managed to make something that looks as good as it tastes :D

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade