Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Friday, June 20, 2014

Cherry Blossoms



Fathers Day was this past weekend and I decided to do something particularly special for my good old papa bear. 

Cherry blossoms symbolize mortality. 
Over a year ago, my dad became very sick. He has been suffering with Tuberculosis, osteoporosis and emphysema not to mention the black spots on his lungs that he is refusing to get checked out (and to top it all of he still smokes!). 

With my dad being as sick as he is and giving us all regular scares with his health, I thought that cherry blossoms would be quite fitting... for more reasons than one. 

I have been thinking about getting this tattoo for him since he first became ill.

Not only do cherry blossoms symbolize mortality, but they also symbolize how beautiful life is. 

These Chinese flowers bloom for 1 day and within those 24 hrs they become the most stunning flower; making the most of the short time they have in this world.
To me, that is exactly what my dad does. 
He is the most amazing man I know. He is beyond strong, stubborn as all hell and probably the funniest guy I have ever met. 
His determination and love for life is beyond admirable. 

So although my father was less than impressed with the new addition to my body, it was for him. 

My dad is my everything. 
My family, my love, my life.

I look up to him. I respect him.
I am proud to be his daughter. 



(please note that from all of the tats that I have... the foot is by far the most painful!!! But that being said, the pain is temporary... the tattoo is forever):

 This is how my tattoo parlor visitation went, it's hilarious because it is like watching a video... watching the pain slowly creep up!

 









 Oooo... felt that dude.




It was so worth it in the end. I absolutely love my new ink.
I never thought I'd get a tattoo with color in it purely because what happens if you get sick of the color? Or want to wear something with it that clashes with the color!? I still have no idea how I'll face that debacle but for now, it's busy healing up and I'm in love with it.

It is and probably always will be strange to know that this body art is with you for the rest of your life. While I was busy getting it done I was chatting to the artist about it and he actually had some amazing points to make.
People always say how permanent tattoos are and that they are scared of them but the truth is that tattoo's are the most temporary form of art! Once we pass on. that tattoo will be gone with us. It isn't like the Mona Lisa. You can't restore it thousands of years later or store away safely.

I've always lived with one simple thing in mind... your body is your canvas. It is an expression of who you are. Tattoos should be about the things that are the most important to you and your life - judgmental people who don't agree with them don't matter. It isn't for them. It is for you.

Be different. Be you. 
Never let someone else in life fan out your flame. Dance proudly on your short wick of life - vibrant and bright!

Have you guys got tattoos or are you planning to get any?
I'd love to hear what they mean to you. 

post signature

28 comments:

  1. What a lovely tattoo and a lovely story behind it, my housemate has a cherry blossom tree going up her side.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow!! That must look amazing! I'm saving my side for a dream catcher :D

      Delete
  2. you are super brave jade! i love the result. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha it really isn't as bad as people make it out to be :)
      But thank you!

      Delete
  3. Firstly I am really sorry to hear about your dad, I know how scary it is when parents are suffering or are ill as I don't have my dad, he expired when I was really young
    Will keep you and your dad in prayers
    The tattoo is beautiful and I love that it has such a beautiful behind it
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pooja. I'm very sad to hear about your dad - your prayers are so appreciated. He'll be fine - my papa bear is stronger than anything xx
      Have a beautiful weekend lovely lady xxx

      Delete
  4. I like your philosophy on tattoos. I never thought of it that way. Now if only my father & fiance could get behind the idea lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey - it's your body, not theirs. Do what you want - when you want! No one owns you :)

      Delete
  5. fantastic tatooo ,i ll make my tomorrow :) on foot too ,pain much?

    http://zielonoma.blogspot.it/2014/06/bad-romance.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO excited that you checked out my blog so I could discover yours in return! Love the new ink too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaaw, this post made me smile so hard! That's so lovely that you got a tattoo dedicated to your father--and someone out of your comfort zone with color, at that. I think it looks absolutely lovely and I love what it symbolizes and why you got it. You are such a sweet girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw Ali thank you so much for the wonderful comment! You are so sweet xx

      Delete
  8. I love the tattoo...I've been wanting to get one for ages....but can't seem to settle on one thing....but the flower is gorgeous. I hope your father gets well soon....men are stubborn when it comes to their health!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica - I know! Men are ridiculous... in general and when they are sick :)

      Delete
  9. I love your tattoo- not to, I think the idea of body art- which stays with us forever- let us keep remembering about important moments, things or people. hope it didn't hurt too much though ;)

    Thank you a lot for your comments on my blog, I will cross my fingers for you and your assignments ;)

    enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tattoo and what symbolizes it. It´s so amazing that you want to have something what reminds you your father every day and that you beared the pain because of your dad. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  11. fabulous tattoo! i never had the courage to get one but i do want to have one. haha! anyway, i replied to your comment regarding my Marie Antoinette post here http://www.raellarina.net/2014/06/marie-antoinette-illustration.html i really hope you'll be able to read it :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great choice Jade, I love the design and the deep meaning behind it!

    I do want to get a tattoo one day, but I haven't decided on the what and the why... :)

    www.spanishmuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love, I'm sure when they right thing comes around, you'll know xxx

      Delete
  13. This made me tear up, you talking about your dad. That has to be so hard.

    And as many tats as I have, I don't have any on my feet (yet). I want to get my dogs paw prints on my feet but I'm a little scared because my feet are so sensitive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa, your tattoo artist got deep with you. I've never thought about it like that, in a way, tattoos are like cherry blossoms themselves, right, quick to live and bloom and die? I hope your dad has a happy life, but it's so sweet that you have a special story behind the ink.

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Brittney - and for the wishes for my papa bear xxxxxxxx

      Delete
  15. I really like everything about that tattoo. The meaning, the colours, the placement .. For the first time ever, I'm thinking about one day getting one there. I saw a picture of my girlfriend holding up her foot in heels with a bunch of other dancers and she has a nice foot tattoo too. It looked incredible. I'm sure yours will look great in a pair of heels as well.
    Cherry blossoms are SO beautiful. Ours have come and gone already. But I always notice them when they're here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade