Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Jadie's 15 Minute Meal | Steak and Humas Tortilla's Infused With Spicy Jalapeno's and Other Crunchy Greens



This is such a wonderful meal whether cooking just for yourself or for a dinner party

It is literally effortless - quick (15 mins) and probably one of the tastiest yet simplest dishes I know. 

Here are the ingredients that you will need in order to make this dish: 

  • Tortilla Wraps
  • Steak
  • Light Soya Sauce 
  • Terriyaki Sauce
  • Rice Wine Vinegar
  • Cucumber (finely sliced)
  • Spring Onions (finely sliced)
  • Jalapeno Chillies (Diced)
  • Humus
 Step One:
 Combine your light soya sauce, terriyaki sauce and rice wine vinegar into a bowl. Cut your steaks into strips and coat them in this marinade for as long as possible. 



It is hard to say how much of each sauce you need as it completely depends on how many people you're cooking for etc. Just make the marinade to your liking - I never measure things if I can help it anyway! I just lug sauces and spices into my dishes and hope for the best! It makes it interesting and fun.  


 Step Two:

Thinly slice your cucumbers and spring onions. Dice your jalapenos. Set these ingredients aside to put onto your tortilla wrap later.





  Step Three:

 Spread humus onto your tortilla wrap with the back of a large spoon. Using the back of the spoon makes it easier to spread out. 

Once the humus is on, scatter on the cucumber and spring onion sticks in the middle of the wrap and sprinkle the diced jalapenos on top.

*Optional: Should you wish the warm up your tortilla before hand then place it in a large, dry pan on low heat for one minute on each side. 





  Step Four:

Cook your steak to your liking - this should take no more than five minutes.


  Step Five:

 Place a few strips of steak on top of the greens in the middle of your tortilla, roll your wrap up making sure to tightly tuck one end of the wrap into the middle. 




There you have it. The perfect recipe when cooking for one, when cooking for a dinner party; when cooking for any occasion. 

Enjoy it.




post signature

30 comments:

  1. That sounds like delicious dish and it's huuuuge advantage is that it can be made in just couple of minutes!
    thanks for sharing!
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! It looks so tasty! Love wraps and jalapeno chilies, this pictures made me hungry:)

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a delicious post! hihi :3 have a great week dear!!~

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipe, love wraps. It looks so delicious and spicy, that´s my thing. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so yummy.Love the detailed post
    Check out our new post
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm...love stuff with jalapeños in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love stuffed jalapenos.... that may be my next recipe :D nom nom nom

      Delete
  7. This looks awesome. I have to give this one a try. I'll send you pictures if I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me encantan, son deliciosos. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! I opened your blog when I'm dying to eat something and this is MAKING ME HUNGRY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jade, I am a humus freak! :) I could eat a whole pot of humus if it was in front of me (I have before. :)). Yummy...Feeling the need for a snack right now... Big hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice snack I find is dipping celery sticks into humus.... delicious!
      Humus freaks unite :D

      Delete
  11. Wow that looks sooooo delicious!!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I'm gonna try to make this during the weekend <3

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A pleasure Kylie! Let me know how it goes??? :D

      xxx

      Delete
  12. OMG.... I'm drooling all over my keyboard.....this recipe looks so good and easy, I'll definitely give it a try! Thanks for sharing such a delicious looking recipe :)

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria!! I really hope you like it xxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
  13. Yummy! I love that its so easy to make :)

    Loren | www.hellominkys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks delish and easy Jade!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade