Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, June 23, 2014

June Shoes of the Month


Red used to be the one colour that I couldn't stand. It's odd because it is also the one colour that my mother kept on begging me to wear back in the day - telling me it looked so good on me.
I never agreed.

I can't really describe it. To me, red is just such a harsh and bold colour and I tend to lean more towards earthy shades. Browns, greens, oranges and of course I love my black and whites.

Lately though, red has started to spark a bit more of an interest in me.

They say that if you put a beautiful woman in a white dress and send her strutting down the street, she'll not turn nearly as many heads as if you put the same beautiful woman in a red dress and walked her down the same street.

Red is striking. It oozes self-confidence and sex appeal. Which, as a singleton of today's world.. you need, right?

Today I am wearing these sparkly pumps. I'm also wearing a red button up shirt. Who would have guessed?
I love absolutely everything about these new pumps of mine. The bow. The sparkle. Even the colour.
It isn't a bright red - I'd say it is leaning more towards the maroon side, which is one of my favoruite colours.
It's deep and it's dark and over all the style is completely me.

These shoes are available at Mr. Price for an absolute bargain of under R 100.00 in South Africa.

As many of my regular readers know by now, I am trying to grow my shoe collection by buying one pair of shoes every month - but, at the end of the day, I'm always happier barefoot... especially now with my new tattoo. 


Have a fabulous week ahead stunning people.

I may go a bit quiet over the next while or so. I have a fair bit on my plate. I'm just about to finish my university degree and qualify as a journalist - finally! I'm also flying through writing my second novel, which I'm dedicating every waking and breathing second to. On top of all that, two of my dearest friends will be leaving little old Knysna this week... for good. It's going to be painful to bid them farwell. Goodbyes are never easy.

There's one quote that I'm trying to keep in mind here:

"New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings."

I'm very happy for them to be spreading their wings and venturing out into the world and at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how far apart you are from your loved ones, true friendships never die.
post signature

21 comments:

  1. Red is amazing color and until now I was sure that every woman loves it, but now I see that not. But it seems that you´re changing your mind in it. You chose great, love the shoes, especially the color. Haha, it´s great that you like to be barefoot, the new tattoo is amazing, so it should be visible. Wish you luck with everything what you´re planning to do. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are adorable. I love little red flats, they are the best. BTW, I really like your tattoo, that might sound weird, but it's really pretty!
    Kelsi xoxo
    messybits01.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shoes!

    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful post! :) First of all, I LOVE the red shoes. SO cute!! And that barefoot picture is also adorable :) Girl I know what you mean that goodbyes are never easy---I love that quote though because with goodbyes come new beginnings! How exciting about graduating & writing a novel! :) I wish you the best!

    XOXO
    Ashley
    ashleyspassionforfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everytime I come to your blog it's so refreshing, relaxed, and carefree. I love it. And those shoes, super cute!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the comment you left on my Cauliflower Cheese recipe Jade - appreciated! Do you have a Twitter account?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shoes! I love red too! It's bold, fiery, eye-catching and, like you said, it oozes sex appeal and confidence. Red is powerful! <3

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. xx . I think you should go by your mother's word, Red will look good on your skin tone! :) Nice ballerina. I love these and your tattoo too. :) Have a nice day! xx

    yourbubblybutterfly.blogspot.ae
    twitter.com/urbubblybutter
    facebook.com/urbubblybutter

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore those sweet shoes! Red is a fave color of mine. Glad you have found this glorious, empowering shade. I know you would wear it well. :) xx T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous with your new tattoo!! I love them. I felt like it was time for you to buy a new pair of shoes. I think it's so fun that you're doing this!
    http://www.haleyspace.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the flats! I'm not very keen on red, but like a pop of color. Love your tattoo. I also have one on a foot.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This shoes is such a great choice!

    I'd like to invite you to join giveaway at my blog!

    http://wpierwszymrzedzie.blogspot.com/2014/06/konkurs-z-yoyomelody-giveaway.html

    Check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My favorite color used to be red, but I've also gravitated away from it for being a little too out-there sometimes. Now I prefer a more subtle coral. Nonetheless, the details on the front of those pumps are beautiful! Also, it matches your new tattoo really well.

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute flats! Or barefoot is always a good option!
    xo Annie
    New England Romance

    ReplyDelete
  15. Eeek they are so cute Jade! I wish I had a better June. Looking forward to July !
    xx
    www.junewantsitall.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The shoes are beautiful and they look great with your tattoo.

    Silvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade