Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, June 12, 2014

No One Cares by Justin Serrao

Earlier this week, my friend, Justin Serrao, released his new song entitled, 'No One Cares,' on YouTube. 

Please check it out. 
Share it if you love it, sing along to it in the shower, dance to it in the comforts of your room!


Justin has one of the sexiest voices on a man that I think I have ever heard. It is so gravely and rugged. His songs and lyrics are a combination of happiness and sadness, all swelled into intriguing mystery. They are catchy and up-beat, heartfelt. I often listen to his CD on my way to work in the mornings, it's the perfect start to the day.

Justin and I met in one of the funniest ways I know. 
I'd been invited along to drinks at a restaurant with my friend Jason Hartman who won Idols a few years ago. 
In between Jason and I running around on the beach and in the waves under the starlit sky, laughing, playing and chasing each other around on the shore I'd been watching the most of the party around my table get up to sing on stage. 
I soon realised that I was around the likes of Johnny and Jesse Clegg. It was a surreal feeling to be surrounded by such talented musicians. 
I live in a town about a half hours drive away from the restaurant that I was at so I had to call it a night pretty early on, before I had too much fun. 
Dragging my salty, drenched body back up the hill to my car with Jason, I suddenly heard music. 

I remember saying, "Wow, that sounds just like Justin Serrao!" 
To this, Jason laughed and replied, "Jade, that is Justin Serrao! You've been sitting next to him all night!"

My old boss, Brendon, had given me Justin's CD months back, telling me that it reminded him of me. I'd absolutely loved the entire album which is called, 'Touching Toes Without Clothes,' and I listened to it on a daily basis until I knew every word to every song.
Funnily enough, I'd had no idea that Justin Serrao was South African, let alone sitting next to me at a local restaurant for half of the evening! 

Regardless of needing to get back home, I grabbed my CD and raced back to the stage in delight. Like a proper wanker I thrust my CD proudly at him to sign. I danced like a twat in front of the stage and sang along until my voice was hoarse. 

We've all stayed in touch ever since and I find that for that, I am once again truly, truly blessed. I have so many incredible people in my life.. from creative souls to adventurous ones. Fearless, wise - all talented in their own and unique way. The most caring and wonderful people I have ever come across. 

Please check out Justin's new track. 
Let me know what you think - I think it is beautiful. 

For those of us who have ever been in a dysfunctional relationship I think that it will be really easy to relate to. 
The whole song is about an on / off relationship and no one around them seems to care that they are fighting because they have grown so used to it. 
The woman is a bit of a loose cannon that tries to make the guy jealous with every chance that she gets. Once she had had a few drinks it becomes a war between them because of the feelings that they have for one another but are too proud to speak of. 





post signature

18 comments:

  1. You´re right, he´s got an amazing voice. Lovely song, very rhytmical. So funny story how you met him. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love listening music! It can really make the mood better and feel good.
    This song is amazing!

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!! The rest of his music is also amazing! Enjoy your day x

      Delete
  3. Too cool you know this talented artist! Jade, you live such an adventuresome, inspiring life! Too cool! T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am so lucky. But at the end of the day, it is great to realise that they are just people.. just like us <3 They can sing really well - just like we can blog really well ;) hahahah

      Delete
  4. Love the song! It's my first time hearing about him. He has a VERY sexy voice <3

    http://itsthekyliebabii.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie - I hope you enjoy his other songs! They are equally as amazing x

      Delete
  5. I genuinely do like this song. It has a 90's sound to it.. and I love 90's music. So cool that you made friends..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - I was actually listening to the 90's channel of music last night and it is such fun to dance and sing along to xxx

      Delete
  6. He definitely has a really great voice, I really love how raspy it is! :) It was a great song to listen, I am sure I'll listen to it again really soon! :)
    And how cool was your story? Sounds like you are living the perfect life surrounded by such creative people! :)

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a really great word to describe his voice. Thanks Maddie, hope you have a great day x

      Delete
  7. Checking him out right now! Very cool story Jade :)
    Happy Sunday :)
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade