Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Monday, December 8, 2014

Farewell.... For Now

This is going to be my last post for a while.

Not only is it Christmas time which means peak season at work as well as there being lots of family and friends to catch up with – but I have also broken my hand. 



This makes typing pretty hard to do; in fact it makes absolutely everything pretty hard to do. I can’t even squirt toothpaste onto my own toothbrush or tie up my hair. 
I’m not even going to mention trying to DRIVE! I-m-p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e.
It makes me wonder how people live with one arm. 

I love doing things for myself and having my independence – it’s important to me. But now I am completely buggered.

Barring work, I plan on spending the next couple of weeks healing up and enjoying the approaching Summer in my brown bikini that I bought in a tiny street market in Thailand a number of years ago. 

I have also started to hand-write my second novel (luckily it was my left hand that broke, not my writing hand!). 



I'm feeling like I need a bit of a break from the blog world.

I just want to focus on my second novel for a bit, get it done. Polish it up and let it fly from the nest. It's such an incredible book and I cannot wait to share it with you all.

I'm even contemplating publishing a chapter once a week onto this blog once it has been copyrighted.

If any of you would be interested in reading it that way please let me know as right now it's just a thought in my mind.

Also, if any of you out there are also novelists, then I'd really appreciate hearing your thoughts on publishing chapters of your book onto a blog. 

Is it safe? Is it OK? 
I have no idea???

If I get a positive feedback regarding sharing my book with ya'll, then maybe I'll still stick around to post a chapter a week or something. Let me know!

I also want to focus on work and the festive season.
I want to spend some time reading books (I have so may lined up along my windowsill, all waiting to be cracked open!) and catching up on series that I've been missing like Walking Dead season 5 and Bachelor in Paradise,
Since I started dating the handsome bearded fellow, I have been too busy frolicking around in the waves and woods to have time to catch up on things like that. So that will be nice.
It's our 3 month 'anniversary' later this month - it's so strange to say that when it feels like so much longer that we have been together. Although I suppose we have been chums since July this year so we know each other well already.. in fact, it is the first time I can confidently say that someone knows absolutely everything about me. I decided to enter into this relationship with all my cards on the table; sparing no gory details - and you know what? He accepted it all and I accepted him. He knows me like the back on his own hand but yet we are still learning so many beautiful and quirky traits each of us have.



It's wonderful.
One love!

I'll be back in the new year .
So, until then, ciao for now! 

post signature

17 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to read chapter by chapter. That's a great idea! Also congrats on the 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sad you will not be posting but its ok , considering the broken hand and all the fun you u will have with ur friends and family.
    Hope to see u soon
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh ciao Jadey. I'm going to miss your thoughts here but it is the silly season and no point in wearing yourself out, especially with a broken hand (ouch) and the summer sun is calling, as is your novel (umm, hello! You're doing by hand *bows down to the incredibly mighty Jade*) godspeed Jade and until the New Year. Have yourself a merry Christmas darling and a happy, travel filled New Year too.

    BTW I'd be totally interested in reading chapter or so from your novel. Definitely get it copyrighted first. I don't know much else, I'm personally incredibly paranoid about posting stuff like that, I feel like someone will steal my work or ideas lol but I'm pretty paranoid when it comes to my words so don't take that to heart but as the words of a rambling lunatic instead.
    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear God Lady, what in the heck did you do to yourself? Drunken debauchery?
    I do wish you a swift recovery though, sounds like a load of shit. :(
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poor hand! I hope it heals well and quickly.

    You've got so much on your plate. I hope you have a great Christmas season and I look forward to your update in 2015!

    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your broken hand, Jade! Enjoy a restful holiday with loved ones! Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh damn, so sad to know you broke your hand. I hope it gets better asap. I've broken my feet 3 times so I know how annoying it is to have a fracture. I look forward to reading your novel, I guess chapter by chapter is a good idea once you copyright it. Oh and BTW, I went to Delhi last week and finally caught up with Pooja. We had a blast. Come to India soon and it would be so much fun for us to all hang together!! xx
    June Wants It All

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a lovely Christmas and New Year!!! I hope you hand heals quickly for you and if you decide to post a chapter of your new book each week I would love to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about your broken hand. Ouch! Hope it heals quickly. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope your hand gets better <3

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your time away. It can be very nice getting unplugged for a bit, or at least dropping some of your blogging obligations! Merry Christmas pretty girl! Catch up with you when you return! AND- how are things going with your first novel!? Are you selling much!? Do you have your books in local book stores? All these questions.. I know. I'm just curious.. because ONE day I'd love to actually write SOMETHING.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no Jade!!!! It makes me sad to know about your broken hand... I hope you will feel better soon... especially because you type for your novel :( maybe it's time for you to relax, indeed spoil yourself, eat delicious food, read more nice books... And I'd looooove to read a chapter of your novel posted here... please please. And once again get well soon Jade!!!

    Sherry from ♕ SheemaSherry ♕ blog (www.theshimmeringsheema.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! Hoping for a speedy recovery.
    For now, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
    Hope to see you here again soon.

    Xx Anne
    www.sickchicksblog.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey, sorry yo bother you please check out my blog :)

    http://goinginkstercrazy.blogspot.co.uk/ <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh nooo you poor thing! I had a broken foot last year, I know how much a broken bone sucks! I hope you are still able to write? Must be so hard for an author to not be able to write :-/ Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG poor you! Get well soon!!! Wish you a good recovery, a Merry Christmas, and a Happy 2015 full of love, good health, peace and all the goods things for you and yours♥

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG poor you! Get well soon!!! Wish you a good recovery, a Merry Christmas, and a Happy 2015 full of love, good health, peace and all the goods things for you and yours♥

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade