Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Wine Tasting at Belvidere Estate


Friend - "Jade, do you feel like going to a cheese and wine tasting with me?"

Jade - "Are you being serious?"

Friend - "Yes..."

Jade - "That is the stupidest question you have ever asked me."


I love wine.... and cheese for that matter. So combine the two and you have one very happy Jade. 



So of course I accepted the offer and went to this beautiful house right on the water to glug back a few bottles of some South African wine. Although I did spend the majority of the night hovering around the cheese platters as I sipped graciously on my wine... I did manage to get a few photographs in:





Although I have always loved red wine and know that without a doubt I always will - especially in the cold winter nights snuggled by the fireplace... I've become a bit of a white wine junkie of late. It's Summer in South Africa right now, so nothing quite beats that chilled crisp taste of a nice glass of chardonnay. Also, it has some serious perks:
  • It doesn't leave that obvious stain on your lips like a red wine does.
  • It doesn't make your teeth go blue.
  • It doesn't leave you with such an incredibly nasty hangover the next morning.
  • It doesn't stain your clothes or carpet for that matter... I have previously been dubbed, 'A Bad Day In Bosnia,' which means that I am basically a disaster waiting to happen.... keep me away from the red!!!
  • It's great with sushi lunches. 
I love wine... Red or White..

Nothing quite beats a good merlot though, right?? 


What is your favorite wine?


post signature

19 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That doesn't matter... don't need to be an expert to enjoy it :)

      Delete
  2. I love that dress on you Jade, you look great. I have yet to come across a glass of wine I didn't like, but my absolute favorite is Pinot Grigio, I make sure there is always a bottle on stock at home ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I will try your wine recommendation!!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful pictures!! I love wine too! :)

    Diana
    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com
    New Outfit Post: Brights In The Woods

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Any sane person loves wine ;) joke.....

      Delete
  4. I love red wine too. I'm a Cabernet Sauvignon kinda girl myself. But I've just taken an interest in white wine too. I haven't quite found the right one for me, just yet. I always think; headache, when I think of white wine. But red wine is the devil.. I get really hammered when I drink it.. So if I can drink red to just have a glass or two, but no more, I'm good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd that what was a stupid question too. I love Italian wine, Chianti.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is gorgeous, Jade. I hope you had an amazing time!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was just working though! hahahaha I was only DREAMING of a holiday :P

      Delete
  7. I love your dress.

    sarahrizaga.blogspot..com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet this was such a fantastic experience, very jealous at the moment! Hehe, really love your outfit and your blog is fantastic! :) xx

    http://dreamlovelivefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo that looks like a blast…and your dress holy crap its stunning love

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not drink, but I loved your photos and your dress! You look beautiful! ^-^

    http://loudlikemoi.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is wonderful that you don't drink - good on you! I need a detox xx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade