Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Reminiscing of a Summer Holiday...





I am dreaming of silky soft sand beneath my toes.. I am dreaming of the soothing rumble of the waves. I am dreaming of sun-kissed skin, bikini tan lines and the smell of coconut oil. I am dreaming of lobster lunches, Jack Johnson oozing from the music box.. I am dreaming of falling asleep on the shore with a book in hand. I am dreaming of a salt-encrusted happiness one will only find on the beach.


This is my outfit of the day for work... I am craving a holiday. It has been far too long since I have slung a rucksack across my back and traveled to a place unknown. I am getting itchy feet again - something only experiencing a new town and a new culture will cure.

It won't be long now... but in the meantime, I will work and save as much as I can, while enjoying a little surf after the clock strikes 5pm every evening. It is my little slice of life. Surfing and the ocean makes me feel most alive.

I am counting down the hours.... only three more to go.




post signature

19 comments:

  1. So gorgeous, Jade. I'm wishing for summer or at least just a little bit of warmth!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweety - I'm very lucky to live in South Africa but while you're craving Summer and kind of craving a storm and some cold weather myself :) hehe grass is always greener on the other side as they say x

      Delete
  2. How exciting, I'm looking forward to all the pictures.

    You look Gorgeous in this dress, I love the lipstick color on you too.

    http://myfifthavenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you!!! I have a bit of a lipstick fettish x

      Delete
  3. Ohhh I am with you! I haven't been on a real trip EVER! Isn't that sad? We are going to Nova Scotia to visit my sister and her family in October. That will be nice. But it still won't be a 'warm' holiday. Rob and I seriously still have to get away together. We never have, and it would be so amazing.
    I was going to ask if your hair was blonde now.. but I see that is an older picture. I must say- that I love your hair the way it is now, nice and dark!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yeah the top one is an old modeling shot but I thought it matched the title :)

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous dress, I miss summer!!!

    Love,
    FASHIONHYPNOTISED

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful dress!!!
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. A holiday sounds fab right now! Doll, you look so lovely! I adore that elegant dress! Wishing you a relaxing, adventurous holiday! Hugs, T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tina! I love it - got it for an absolute bargain inThailand!

      Delete
  7. beautiful! love the dress I really enjoy your blog so far and would love to follow each other--please join my GFC and I'll follow you right back! xo Agatha

    www.ironyofashi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Agatha! Many thanks for stopping by - checking out your blog now! Hope to keep in touch xxx

      Delete
  8. what a beautiful dress :)
    xx

    http://losaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Discover your next holiday destination with ClubMates Cruising. See the crystal blue waters of the Caribbean, the thousand year old glaciers of Alaska or fall in love with the sights of South America.
    http://www.clubmatescruising.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you celebrating a special occasion on board? Our special occasion's packages can add an extra touch to your holiday and are the perfect way to spoil a loved one, a friend, or even yourself.
    http://www.clubmatescruising.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade