Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Friday, February 24, 2012

Camping for Valentines





I realize that this post is long overdue and that the festivity of romance has long since passed.

Unfortunately my computer has decided to go on strike… every time I try to do some form of productive work on it, it restarts itself. My brother tells me that it’s the heatsink and fan or the power supply That needs replacing, but personally I just think the thing hates me.

Between work, sleep, an attempted social life and the occasional heated bitch slap given to my computer I haven’t been able to find the time to write at all.

Also, I took some great photographs over my camping trip which I wasn’t able to get my hands onto straight away and I couldn’t bare publishing this specific article without the beautiful evidence.

So here it goes; my little belated Valentines tale…

*


Not only had Shaun been keeping me in the dark about any form of plans, but he also kept receiving mysterious telephone calls that sent him running off behind closed doors.

Eye contact became non-existent as I tried to pry information out of him for days – but in my defense, Valentines treats have never come often for me so I was beyond the stage of excitement to experience a real Valentine’s Day filled with spoils.

When the big day finally arrived, I’d somehow managed to pack a bag for a trip that I knew nothing about, (and for those of you who know me, you know that I HATE surprises!!).

He rushed me around the liquor store, in a fluster to get to our mystery destination before the sunset.
We finally arrived at the opening to Old Drift where he gave two small hoots, clearly to ‘warn’ someone that we had arrived. This sent my wired mind into an absolute frenzy. We stopped the car and started trekking off into the bush, far away from the usual picnic spots.

Soon enough I started noticing the odd rose petal teasing the way towards a beautiful candlelit clearing by the waters edge.


The sand was painted in red polka dots from the array of gorgeous rose petals scattered along the surface.

Honestly, I couldn’t have planned it better myself, it was that breathtaking.

Once the initial shock had passed, his dad climbed out of a small hiding spot in the trees and wrapped me up in a big hug.

The hoots that Shaun had given as we’d entered the field had been for his dad, who quickly lit all of the candles leading up to our tent while we were walking down.

I know it all sounds so cheesy and cliché but nothing like that has ever happened for me before so I was overwhelmed by it all.

Valentines with my previous boyfriends had never been something for the books – so I literally felt like the luckiest girl in the world and was completely inspired to crack open the spine of my latest notebook.


And of course I roasted the much anticipated marshmallows!


I'd love to hear back from each and every one of you letting me know what you all did this Valentines.. even if it was just staying in with a glass of wine and a movie. I want to hear it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade