Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

USN | 12 Week Body Makeover Challenge

Here we go 2015... 

As of yesterday, with the start of a brand new week in the new year, I started changing my lifestyle. 


Healthy fit vibes along with the USN 12 week challenge is what I have taken on.
No more smoking or drinking like a fish. 
From here on in I'll be (attempting) alcohol free weekdays, with the exception of a glass or two of red wine with dinner... which is good for your heart any way as they say! 

I bought dumbbells for working out with and will be training hard to become toned and fit!
Already my muscles are aching in the best possible way after a seriously sweaty workout yesterday after work including a run around the island with my dumbbells and a bunch of lunges, squats and stomach crunches!
This morning I got up bright and early and went for a run again followed by more lunges, squats and stomach crunches!

Watch this space.....!
In 12 weeks time I'm going to be ripped, fit and feeling great!!! 


I want to be the happiest and most adventurous version of myself. 
I want to be the best version of myself - the healthiest and the most open-minded. 


I want to embrace opportunities that come my way and in a realistic sense, I want to start to say YES to everything instead of making excuses or shying away from certain possibilities. 
I want to make the most of life and everything that it has to offer. 

This year I have a stack of goals and resolutions:
  • I aim to finish my second novel by May this year.
  • Not smoke a cigarette - my last drag was over this past weekend while out at a bar... 
  • Conquer my fear and go Bungee Jumping
  • Visit 2-3 countries I haven't been to before (Malawi and Bali have already been set in stone.... but I have India in my mind too for this year depending on how my finances are looking!).

The USN 12 Week Challenge will finish on the 23rd March for me and I will be documenting my journey into fitness and health - and at the end of the challenge I will be showing you a before and after collage of my results! 

Wish me luck!



2015 is my year! 

Boom! 







post signature

20 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great 2015 is in store, Jade! Thanks, Sweetie, for the FB like! Big hugs on your day. Keep the spirit flowing; you've got these goals well in hand. T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck! I have faith in you!!! Except that alcohol thing sounds hard....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so with you on healthy life style! When reading this it's like checking list my NY resolutions: healthy food, minium of alcohol, getting ripped in 30 days with Jillian Michaels... oh... so far I managed to stick to it! I will cross my fingers for you girl!

    Good luck and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all the bst for your 12 weeks challenge and for smoke and alcohol free life :)
    Keep In Touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, good luck Jade! Sure, you can! Stay focused and never give up!:) Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, bungee jumping is on my list to conquer as well this year! Good luck to us. And good job on not smoking and trying not to again. Way to go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great resolutions, I hope you will be successful with all of them! It's fantastic that you give up smoking and healthy life style is the best you can do for yourself. After my changing of life habits (four years ago) on healthier food and swimming a lot, I feel much better and I haven't been ill since four years.
    Have a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is almost like we are the same exact person !!!

    I also started back training and eating really healthy for 2015 and I already feel so great. :)
    So proud of you !!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your goals are great, Jade! you can do it! I've been trying to up my usual workouts b/c I don't want to get to used to what I do and man am I sore! stomach crunches are no joke! ha! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES! 2015 is YOUR year. And it's the only start. I am sure you're going to conquer it all. Good luck girl. Waaaaay to go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jade you have this... You sound like you are on track... quitting smoking is the hard one... I gave it up and I don't want to look back... I have begun planking , next I want to work with small weights... I love cardio and I take any and all opportunities to walk/jog... I wish you the best of luck... I am in your corner and quite happy that I am back on track again too... it feels great xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Jade!!! You're seriously an inspiration!! Your goals are so firm, and actually I am dead sure that you would fulfil them, looking at how disciplined you are! <3 Btw, Bali is beautiful, and i am dead sure you would enjoy it! And yes, skip India. It's pretty unsafe for women tourists i heard :(

    http://anshul90.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. My new year's resolution is to improve my sleep patterns. I have horrible sleeping habits and then I feel like a zombie all day, so see how that goes.. I wish you good luck with your fitness challenge, even though you are looking gorgeous anyway!
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great plan, love. You'll feel so much better in the end and much more energized. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you have an awesome year a head of you. I wish you good fortune in your travels! I hope you're able to accomplish everything you want to this year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well this is right up my street being a nutritionist; I'm always curious to hear other peoples' health related goals and resolutions - yours sound great, especially giving up smoking and the travelling is important for your wellbeing as well so i wish you all the best in achieving your goals. I look forward to hearing about your journey Jade.

    ReplyDelete
  17. haha, i wish i had the patience and self-control to start exercising, but i'm too lazy! good luck, though! and it seems like you've a lot of goals for 2015 and i'm sure you'll achieve them all! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck with this! I'm having a year of fitness too. Good luck with the no smoking, how much did you smoke before? I quite over a year ago now and I'm so glad I did.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck! It sounds like you have your new year off to a great start! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade