Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Wives V Girlfriends Book Review by Katie Agnew


Amid the exclusive villas and searing heat of the Spanish summer, four women discover there's no such thing as a level playing field when it comes to love... 

For Jasmine, engaged to her footballer fiance, her dream wedding should be just the chance she needs to bury her secrets in the past.

Lila gave up everything for marriage. In return she got a gorgeous movie star husband, two beautiful children - and a broken heart.

All Maxine wants is that ring on her finger. But is she chasing the wrong dream?

And what journalist Grace can't tell you about being a mistress isn't worth knowing.

Just how far will these senoritas go to get what they want...?




My Review:

From rags to riches, infidelity, heart-break, saucy scandal and sexy scenes that would put Fifty Shades to shame - I must say, I adored this book. 

Wives V Girlfriends has pretty much everything you could want in a book: Romance, drama, glitz, glam, action, thrill and even a gripping slice of horror.
It is the furthest thing from what you are expecting and that's great! 

The story is set between good old London and exotic Marbella, Spain.
Spain is a place on the map that I've never been to or really, if I'm honest, ever thought about going to... until now.
This book is the cause for just another place being added to my endless list of must-see travel spots.
Katie Agnew made Marbella sound divine.

The story darts between the lives of the rich and the elite, sharing each of their unique stories throughout each chapter. Her writing is moving, warm and full of entertainment.


I had no idea what to expect when I picked this book up in an old, rickety secondhand bookstore... and I must say that past the shocking pink cover with Posh Spice staking claim on it and past the name dropping  of celebrities and designer labels that is almost as annoying as someone speaking just in hashtags... I was actually pleasantly surprised.


Star Rating (out of 5): ★★★☆☆


post signature









11 comments:

  1. i havent read anything in a really long time and this book looks perfect to start with reading again
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it would be fun to read, although the name-dropping might be irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book would not be my cup of tea at all, I probably would've put it back to the shelf after reading the teaser text. However I find it interesting to see what other people read because it makes a big part of who they are (also that they read books at all of course)! I'm more into thrillers and such but I find it cool that you regularly read and review books on your blog! :)

    Also thank you very much for the nice comment on my last post Jade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds so much like Sophie Kinsella's book, cutting her humor side though. My favorite reading genre is mystery and humor but I certainly enjoy other realistic topics. If you've given it a rating like that, it must be a great one x

    Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your review sounds really interesting, I like this kind of stories. Recently I was reading very dramatic memories of prisoner of German concentration camp and I'm really depressed. It would be nice change to read this book.
    Have a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds good.

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find it quite interesting, it sounds like telenovela ;) !!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being pleasantly surprised is always good! :) I can say that some of the best reads I've encountered were from older books I've picked up at second-hand bookstores. Lots of treasures in those places, and I adore browsing them (especially if they have an onsite coffee bar). :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoaaa Jade...every single part of this book (the gossip, the drama, the humour) is attracting me to actually give this book a read. I shall download it immediately, but I have so so many books to read before I could get to this one! Oh the ambitious lifestyle! Hahaha!! :p

    http://anshul90.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice review! I hope you come to Spain some day. But I warn you, it's not sunny everywehere in Spain. Actually, I live in one of the rainiest places in Spain.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've read this book! Charlie Palmer was my fav character! Such a great twist of action in there right!?

    http://mystery-girl007.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade