Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Saturday, January 31, 2015

January Favorites

Favorite Highlight of the Month: 
My Dreams Came True!


The biggest thing that happened throughout January was definitely getting my second novel in my hands! 

Finally! 

I even got the ISBN bar code! 
I couldn't be more thrilled!

There's still a fair bit of polishing the book needs to go through before I can start going further with it - but then, my friends, it will be available for everyone to enjoy!





Favorite Goal of the Month: 
Getting Fit!


I started taking USN supplements to help me get fit and toned...... it didn't last long. 
I now have a box filled with protein shakes, capsules and tablets that I'm not going to use. 
Before you think I flaked - let me explain... 
Did you know America refuses to stock USN??? They claim that what USN says it can do, it can't.
God knows if that is true - I'm just repeating something that I was told....
The images they show you of the 12-week results do seem seriously far-fetched anyway. 

So now... instead, I am reducing my alcohol intake and attempting to eat more healthily. 
I attended two introductory crossfit class (it scared the shit out of me! I can barely hobble around right now and my left arm is swollen up!) and I plan on becoming properly dedicated to my morning jogs... once my muscles recover from Crossfit that is!

I already feel so much better. 

I'll have that firm, hot bod by the time I jet off to Indonesia! 
Mark my words!



Favorite Socials of the Month: 
Farewells... a lot of them :(

After our good friend Ashley left, it was down to just Louis, Lucien and me for the month of January... we had lots of great times together throughout the month.

But then it was time to say goodbye to Louis too... 
Everyone seems to be heading off onto bigger and better things this year. 




Favorite Auntie Moments of the Month: 
Jenson is Walking!

That's right. 
My little man has started to toddle around on his own two feet! 
It is TOO cute to watch. 

Nothing beats it when he runs over to you and wraps his arms around you. Nothing.

I am and always will be the proudest Auntie in the world.





Favorite 'Jam' Moments of the Month: 
We took a little road-trip...

It was SO good to get away from Knysna for a weekend... even though that's all it was. A meager 3 nights away really helped to refresh us after spending countless months in this cramped little town we call home. 




We spent our 4 month anniversary at a theme park going on roller-coasters and water rides that almost made me shit myself I was so scared!

(I think the Asian woman might actually have done....)



Favorite Sentimental Moment of the Month: 
A Reunion With Ashley

Of course, while we were road-tripping I begged Sam to let me see my Ashley friend since we were so close by to him. 
It was so lovely to see him again so soon after him move. 

I also got to see one of my very good girlfriends, Rene!
So many of my friends live in Cape Town that it was impossible to see them all. But I did manage to see these two beautiful people at least!! 





Favorite Restaurant of the Month (or EVER!): 
Eastern Food Bazaar


I apologize in advance for all of the photographs below...
But I found heaven in Cape Town City Bowl. Eastern Food Bazaar.. Wow!!! It is so incredible, it feels like you have just stepped into a little India with all of the spices and crowds, Indian music and gorgeous decor... and it was SO cheap!!!! 
You could choose any sort of Eastern food you wanted and pile on the food on your plate, guaranteeing that it will be one of the cheapest meals of your life!

Mind Blown!!!

I was in literal heaven.








And that pretty much wraps up my January of 2015! 

Hope you all had an amazing one too. 

Did you get up to anything exciting??? 
post signature

16 comments:

  1. i am super excited for your novel :)
    kisses,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Jan! Yes I remember you telling me all about the Eastern food bazaar and I see lots of Indian food out there :) Oh and BTW Congrats on your book! That is so awesome :)!!
    Keep in touch
    xx
    www.JuneWantsItAll.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww congrats on your book - that's awesome! You look like you've been having a blast. Your nephew is so adorable. And I totally hear you on the whole dieting and exercising thing (womp womp)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post. Great way to take stock of the last month and be thankful for our the highs and lows we have and move onward and upward to our next adventures.
    All that food looked DELISH, too. I'm jelly. :P

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaw great list!! your nephew is adorable! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on seeing the fruit of your labor come to life! That is so awesome!

    www.dressed2dnines.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Pics! <3

    www.nissimendes.ch

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU'RE DOING GREAT WOOHOOO!!!!!!
    I just started my small 8 minute session of work outs. They've been good but my legs have been hurting so bad. I'll get it done, though :D

    Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a sweetheart, just made me laugh! :) I am not even contemplating to lose weight with my diets. I don't ever diet as I am the most useless person on Earth when it comes to dieting. I do like to go for an evening run though, but, yes, it has to be evening as I can't get out of bed in the mornings! :) Unfortunately, it's a bit too cold and dark in the evenings now here in the UK, so I don't run very often, but hopefully I'll do it in Spring! Ha!
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing month you've had! Congrats on your second novel's publication, and I am thrilled to hear about Jenson's walking milestone! :) My little grandson rolled over for the first time this weekend which completed my January well. :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you've had a busy month! Such wonderful news about your book! Congratulations! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome on your goal to get fit! Crossfit is crazy but so good for you!! I do it a couple of times a week and it was one of the best decisions that I ever made. Puts you on THE BEST vibes.
    Also congrats on your book! That is soooooo cool!!! I wish I had the dedication to do that. I''ve actually been thinking about turning my blog into a tv show - because it really does have everything a good tv show needs and its already got a cast! hahahahahaha

    MysteryBlogger

    ReplyDelete
  13. So nice to catch up on your blog after so long!! Congrats on your 4 month anniversary!!
    :) Laura


    Laurathinksabout.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jade, not so sure how I missed your blog... mg Bloglovin has been acting up, I'm not sure if they are doing maintenance or what but I have noticed many posts missing.

    Anyway, awesome pictures girl and wow to you working out that hard... it is storming here, I miss walking already, I've been dancing. I'm not sure my old body could handle crossfit... lol

    Have a great one♡

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know who's cuter ,you playing the role of an aunty or your adorable nephew. By the way,regarding the supplements - welcome to the club , my cupboards are filled with all that get fit natural stuffs that i never get used to. Whatever happened to old fashion water...lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Jade,
    Wow you have a gorgeous blog- just like you!
    I am so happy you found me and connected with me:)
    Thank you four the lovely comment on my blog.
    Following you now on GFC, Bloglovin and FB.
    Your nephew is so so adorable!
    I am enjoying your blog- so much to read and wander.
    Keep in touch
    XOXO
    Epsita

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade