Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Friday, March 15, 2013

Rosemary-Garlic Lamb Chops - Recipe


  Ingredients for chops:
  • 1 Packet of Rosemary
  • 2 Teaspoons of crushed garlic
  • Freshly squeezed lemon juice
  • 1 Chopped green chili
  • A lug of olive oil
  • Chops
 
In a marble mortar, I crushed all of my ingredients together to form a nice marinade to coat my chops in. This would have been better to do 24hrs in advance and leave the chops to marinade overnight.
I then put my chops into a deep set bowl before applying salt and pepper, followed by the marinade. I turned the chops around and coated the other side exactly the same.
 
 
When putting the chops to a pan, you really don't need that much oil as the fat is already enough to cook this meat.
I have a pretty fancy pan that turns on and off by itself, making sure it can never burn my food but for a normal pan, it should take roughly 15-20 mins to cook the chops.
As soon as your meat stops 'bleeding' on one side and has browned, that is the sign that you can now flip over to the other side.  
Once done on both sides you can stack them on their sides, fatty parts down on the pan.
(Can I just say here how absolutely amazing it smells at this point?!)
 
 
 
 
While the chops finish up, I have already made my own chips from potatoes and put them in my chip fryer. I have also started to heat up some canned bake-beans. 
 
This is such a quick and easy recipe with a lovely twist of flavor. It takes roughly 45 minutes to make this whole meal so its so nice for when you are feeling a little tired and need something that won't take up your whole evening after work.
 
 
     


5 comments:

  1. Oh my, yummm, thanks for the post Jade. I will have to try sometimes for my kids, and potatos ship mmmm. xxx
    PS. thanks for left me a really sweets commented on my blog..xxx

    http://www.attraction2fashion.com

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. my hubs would love this...and that reminds me, it was a while since I prepared lamb for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lamb is my favourite meat! yum yum. I'm not keen on garlic but love rosemary with lamb.

    ooh so you are coming back to the UK soon - how exciting!

    http://forcailini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!! Although not sure about the pairing with baked beans, but that's because I don't like them.

    Lx

    www.whatlisawrote.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can smother either rosemary or cilantro over anything and eat it! This looks really good. I'm going to try it.
    Cortne
    cocoinmagnolia.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade