Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Friday, March 1, 2013

February Favorites

My Favorite Sunset:
 
When I am on a late shift at work, I finish at around 19h30 in the evenings. South African sunsets can be absolutely breathtaking - as can sunrises. This was one of the many sunsets I was blessed enough to watch this month from the top of the mountain where my work is situated.

My Favorite Rainbow: 
This rainbow came after a good three days of solid, much needed rain. It hung perfectly over the townships almost majestically. When I looked at it I truly thought I could find the pot of gold at the end, it was that big and close. The photograph just doesn't do it justice.
 



My Favorite Laugh:


One of my dearest friends, Kyle, has a very similar, silly sense of humor as I do. We are constantly in fits of giggles and right now our latest thing is going, 'Nom nom nom' whenever we go out for food or even talk about it. I found this photo and when I shared it with him we couldn't stop laughing. Having inside jokes is always fun - ours are just tipping the iceberg of delightful weirdness!


My Favorite News: 



My plane ticket to London and my Contiki tour has been booked!!!! I had applied for leave at work and had been anxiously waiting for a full week to see if my 5 week leave was approved... on the 16th Feb I worked up the courage to ask management who smiled at me and asked, 'Do I even have a choice?' in the nicest possible way! So when I get back from my endeavors at least I know I still have a secure, fantastic job awaiting me!

 
My Favorite Valentines:



One day late... but I arrived home from a drink at a local bar to find one of my gorgeous girls snuggled into a basket by my front door. Although Valentine's Day had passed 24 hours earlier - Guru tried her best to make herself my Valentine's gift and my heart just swelled with adoration and overwhelming love for my furry companion.
 
My Favorite Wedding Dress?!?:


Not what it looks like!!! Well - I guess it is. That's me in a wedding dress. Who would have thought? Not too shabby... but seriously, not what it looks like. I did a bridal photoshoot for a local company called Besters Bridal Boutique and from all of the dresses I tried on, this one was my favorite.

 
My Favorite Oufit:




As my travel plans have finally been set into place, I've been starting to realize that I need to do a lot of saving over the next month and a bit before I arrive in London! I honestly don't know how I am going to afford it all.... half way through the month however, I was quite literally going insane. I hadn't been out at all. I hadn't worn something pretty or seen friends, I'd been a bit of a hermit if you will... that's when I decided to head out to a local bar and watch a live band and treat myself to a few beers. A few beers multiplied and a number of shooters were somehow also added into the equation. The next day I woke up and felt absolutely awful and I realized that I don't even really want to be out and about anymore. So I apologize for the lack of fashion pics to all of you fashion-crazed bloggers who enjoy those sort of posts from me - but until I depart for Europe I fear that they will be very few and far between. All worth it in the end though, right?
 
My Favorite Inspirational Quotes:
 
This proves to be a rather perfect quote for my life at this point. Out of all of the lessons I have learned over the past two months, this one is by far the one I am most grateful for finally understanding.


I loved this. 2013 is a year of completely refreshing my life and the five W's is something quick and easy to read that reassures me of what I am doing.


I found this gigantic Ferrero Rocher.... Mind blown.


I got my St. Christopher necklace that I have been looking for for so long. My little travel companion! :)
 

This looks odd... but it is chicken breast wrapped in bacon with melted cheese on top. Heaven.


I ran out of food at home, so I improvised with whatever I could salvage from my fridge. This turned out absolutely delcious!! It is literally onion, garlic, x 2 chili's (because I like it hot....) stripped ham and green pepper with salt and pepper to season. Amazing what you can make with so little and it really was divine.




My favorite marinade - blueberries and thyme. Mmm. I made this for my folks as well as my friend, Brendon, who came to stay for two nights.



Enjoying a glass of wine with my brother and sister-in-law after a lovely swim in the lagoon. My brother very bluntly told me that I have dread-locks... and so my sister-in-law spent about half an hour trying to help me comb out extremely painful knots... my consequence of not looking after my hair for a while. Ooops. It is fixed now - just to clarify things!!! 



Kyle and I have an ever-growing friendship. He's been so wonderful to me through my tough time lately... from things with my breakup to home life with my dad and his illness. Kyle's always there to help. This day we took his boat out for a spin! It was amazing! I'd never been so close to going out of the Knysna Heads.. we literally saw the Paquita wreckage under the ocean, it was that clear!

Went out to Firefly and has loads of lovely cocktails with friends. Firefly is such a creative, funky chai bar with the most delicious curries imaginable.
And lastly... I started to read my very first Nicholas Sparks novel, 'Safe Haven.' I saw a review of it on someone else's blog and really wanted to read it before seeing the film. I have not been able to put it down! Cannot wait to see the film either... it is very nice to be able to envision Alex's character as the sexy, 'Josh Duhamel' ... who I've always had a bit of a thing for. The book also proves to be of great relevance in my life right now as it is about a woman who starts life over - which is exactly what I am doing right now. I don't want to give too much of the book away though - so trust me, just read it!
What did all of you get up to over the month of Feb? Please leave your monthly favorites below and I'll be sure to take a look!
 
Hope everyone has a fantastic month in March - happy birthday to all of you Pisces and Aries starsigns out there!
 
Signing out.
 
J

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to read Safe Haven! I liked Last Song and the Notebook.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade