Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Celeste and Jesse Forever - Movie Review

Last night I watched Celeste and Jesse Forever with my folks. I was absolutely knackered after work and really needed to unwind. I just couldn't bring myself to pick up a book... so instead I opted for a ginormous glass of wine and a film from my local rental store... and pasta.
 
It got recommended to me by a friend at work, Claire. In short, it is a film about a married couple who are getting divorced yet decide to stay best friends. They do everything together and appear to be the two most connected people that you could possibly imagine.
 
You don't really ever find out why they are getting divorced, although her success and the lack of his may have something to do with it I imagine.
 
Anyway.. so they are still very attached to one another but when Jesse decides to start shagging dating other women, this spins Celeste to a breaking point that she didn't know was possible.
Soon enough she realizes what she's lost and sets out to win back the man she loves - but is it too late????? - insert drumroll here -  
 
I really enjoyed this film and found a few occasions where I could really relate.  
I caught myself smiling in the memory of some of the goofy and silly things that I would do with my best male friends or ex boyfriends.
 
Some of the humor is really dry and I kind of like that in a film. It makes it real; believable.
 
On a number of occasions my dad and I were in fits of laughter together which was really nice.  
 
A truly feel-good film with a heart-wrenching twist between two best friends who will love each other and stay connected forever whether they want to or not.
 
The only thing that I did not enjoy was the ending... if you could even really call it that. It's a cliffhanger, put it that way... and that is beyond frustrating for me.
 
Rashida Jones and Andy Samberg play the roles perfectly. It actually has a very good cast with well-known actors popping up here and there which is a nice little surprise to add to this delectable film.
 
Enjoy!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this review! I'm a big Andy Samberg fan so I wanted to see this movie, but the plot line seemed a little strange. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it - I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! I like the fact that it seems like single people, parents/kids, couples, etc, seem to enjoy this movie. Really good when it can hit a wide audience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade