Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Friday, June 2, 2017

I Did It!


Yesterday was a monumental day in my little life. 

I moved into my new flat!!!





This isn't like any of my previous flats though. 
For one, HELLO, that view?! WOW. 
Secondly, it was unfurnished. 

I have been doing some SERIOUS adulting lately with regards to growing the f#2k up.

I moved to Cape Town, got an amazing job at an incredible art gallery - got a studio apartment in a secure complex ACROSS THE ROAD for the ocean, with a huge balcony boasting an incredible view of the ocean AND table mountain!!!

Instead of spending the rest of my measly savings from the yachts on traveling to my next destination (right now, it's a toss up between SO many places... so let me ask you, where would YOU go if you could travel to anywhere in the world right now???), I bought a mattress, a fridge, a WASHING MACHINE (yeah... I know, right!?), a sofa, a bookshelf (my books now have a home and are not stacked on the floor anymore! #Winning), a kettle, glasses, a coffee table, kitchen utensils... the list goes on - like seriously, it actually never freakings ends. Every single day I have to make a note of something else I forgot to buy. 
Moving into an unfurnished apartment should come with an instruction manual.  

But for the most part, I did it... and I am so proud of what I have created for myself: 


My little safe haven. 
My sanctuary. 

I'm all bunged up with a major winter cold right now, wrapped up in my new rose-gold K-Way down-jacket at work (it is so warm, well worth the investment!)... but even so, last night in between overdosing on MedLemon and half dying under my faux fur winter blanket - I bundled up and watched the sunset on my balcony with a celebratory glass (or 3...) or Rose. 








I couldn't have asked for a better sunset for my first night in my new flat. 
I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of people to help me move and set up home... including my friend Matt who I bribed to come over and help me put up my curtains and snap the above pictures :D hehe

Life is far from perfect. 
I am still in my probation period at work but I am hoping and praying I get to keep this job because I love it so much and it is in an industry I adore.
My mother is a wreck and needs to go to rehab but they turned her away until she gets hospitalized. Basically, she needs to detox before they will allow her into the rehabilitation center with the other patients, or something like that. I don't know. I don't actually care. I have written her completely out of my life until she fixes herself. I'm tired of it. 
I have some SERIOUSLY manipulative family members... the Wright's are a bit (OK, a lot...) of a fuck-up really. I know every family has their downfalls but I really feel like ours got dealt the worst hand. 
I am STILL struggling to deal with what Simon put me through in Spain and just how much he has tried to hurt me since being back in South Africa - ie deciding to date and bring the first girl he ever fucked behind my back to South Africa on MY holiday (to my knowledge there were 8, but knowing him, there's probably more and I cannot wait to hear that he has developed an STD or worse from his disgusting antics).

ANYWAY -

there's more. But why dwell on the negative when something so truly wonderful has finally happened in my life. 

Yes I have been dealt a shitty hand in life - but I am proud of myself with the things I have accomplished, regardless. 




post signature

10 comments:

  1. Your new place is beautiful and so are the incredible views. I'm proud of you girl. Keep on, keepin' on, as they say. You look like you're doing much better hun... xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello stranger! It has been so long - how ARE you!? Thank you for your message, it really means a lot to me. I am healing and happy x

      Delete
  2. Hello girl!
    Is great to have an update from you. I know that we dont know each other personaly, but reading your blog and your stories made me feel lke I know you a little bit :)

    I will comment just the positive part of your blog (as I want you to be positive and happy :d) - you have such a beautiful flat! I am so jealous right now. I totally love watching the water (it makes me so relexed) I think i need to start to plan my life somewhere closer to water. I am happy for you, that you have a nice place to stay and job which you like. I will corss my fingers for your work, so they will keep you there as much you wish!

    :)

    D.

    https://themusicwonderland.wordpress.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you so much for reading my blog and for your lovely comment - honestly, I have been neglecting my blog so much lately I didn't know if anyone was still checking it out or not! I love that you feel connected to me through my words and blog - I really love sharing my stories and hopefully helping others.
      I really appreciate your super sweet comment - thank you!!!! x

      Delete
  3. Lovely post dear! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what an amazing apartment with an equally amazing view! I am wishing you the best of luck with all the new changes in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! I am so happy in my new flat and life. I hope you are well too!? x

      Delete
  5. Jade, I love reading about how you have risen above your trials... I am excited for you for this phase in your life. Adulting isn't easy but it feels good when we can get to that stage in our lives... xox

    I hope you feel much better soon, it sounds like you have a nasty cold/flu... get as much rest as possible and good luck with you new job, I am sure you will do wonderfully xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Launna! It has been ages. How are you? Thank you for your comment and for constantly supporting this very neglected page of mine.
      Almost 100% better from the flu xxxx

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade