Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Stumbling My Way Through Life One Glass of Wine at a Time

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Always Follow Your Gut.... Here's Why:

This is a really important post for me to share with you all, so please give it a read when you get a chance. 
It is so inspiring.
My hope is that it will help many of you who are currently facing big decision making:



Back in June, I had plans to move to a big city. Everything was all coming into fruition - I resigned from my job, started packing up my life; it was pretty much set in stone. 
Then suddenly, I had this overwhelming feeling of anxiety and nervousness. It felt like something was off. So I couldn't do it. 
It was one of the hardest decisions that I have ever had to make. That move would have altered my life permanently - and I had to give up some truly amazing things by not taking that plunge. 




The day after I was supposed to have started my long road-trip up to the big city, I attended one of my dearest friends (Mister Van's,) birthday party. This was another thing I was actually contemplating not attending because a major storm hit the town that day with gail force winds and floods. His party was held an hours drive from where I live so it was a pretty dangerous drive to be considering. 

I remember it like it was yesterday... I was sitting in the bath, getting ready to text my friend and tell him that I was sorry but it was just too risky to come. As I was typing the message, I felt this incredible force telling me I had to go come hell or high water. So I put my big girl panties on and braved the storm - scary shit. 

I arrived at the party and ordered a drink to calm the nerves - it was Fathers Day, a beautiful, stormy Sunday. 
I started playing Shut The Box (a bar board game) with some of the other party guests and mingling. Then, from across the bar, this absolutely gorgeous bearded fellow grinned at me and waved. 
He wasn't standing around anyone that I knew so I wasn't sure if he was with our group. I turned to look behind me to make sure he wasn't waving at someone else - when I saw that there was no one behind me I looked back to him and yet again he grinned and waved. 
To be honest, I found it a little weird. I wasn't sure if I'd maybe met him before while out - but he carried on waving... so I gave him a small, awkward smile in return and waved back. That seemed to make him happy and he turned away, back to his friends. 

Later in the day, I noticed that the fire was needing another feed of logs so I meandered over and plonked on a few logs. It was so nice and cozy warm there that I decided to perch beside the fire a while with my drink. 
Handsome bearded fellow took this as his window of opportunity and suddenly he was sitting beside me next to the fire. 
We introduced and fell into easy flowing conversation - then he invited me to come and sit with him and his friends and I, of course, accepted. 

Although he was supposed to be heading back home to have Fathers Day with his family, he couldn't leave after our introduction. We had an amazing day of non-stop talking and laughing - it was just so natural and felt so right. 

When we finally parted ways, we exchanged details and met up a few days later for a date. On the date, he blew me away. He was just so fun and easy to talk to. There was no awkward silences - we were just the perfect combination. 
Even so, we didn't see each other for about three months after that initial date . . . until now. 

Last night he asked me to be his girlfriend. 

I cannot begin to tell you how right it feels. I have this mass amount of trust and admiration for him. He is literally absolutely everything I have ever wanted and more. He's more than I could have ever dreamed of. 
Not only is he incredibly gentle and kind-natured, but he is humble and funny, genuine and talented too. 
He's a surfer, a musician, a martial-arts superhero. . .  he's beautiful and wonderful and I am just absolutely smitten. 

For the first time in a VERY long time, perhaps even for the first time, I have no doubts. 
I am jumping in with both feet because I feel this is it. 

Obviously, it is early days. We are taking things very slowly and naturally - but in my heart, I know this is something good.

This blog has pretty much always been based on a single girls life from a messed up love life to crazy all-nighter parties . . . and now, after four-five years of this blogs life, the writer is moving on. 



post signature

29 comments:

  1. I really love your blog! You inspires me to do better. Keep inspiring people!
    By the way, I followed you via GFC.
    Please follow me too.

    New Post Up On The Blog: Out of Sight | www.TIDESTORE.com

    With Love,
    Monique (The Slim Kid Inside)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jade!!! How absolutely WONDERFUL :) I am really happy for you, firstly to experience that feeling again after to so long and secondly, to have found someone like him.
    This is why I have such admiration for you, you're so intuned with your selfness and your being that your intuition is so strong. Trust it always, my beautiful bohemian friend!!

    I really hope one day we could meet. I think we'd have many stories to share.

    Thank you for this post :) and enjoy the hell out of what is blossoming between you and Mr Handsome Bearded Fellow.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetie! I really wish you a long relationship with him. I´m so happy for you. Eventually it´s good you heard your inner voice telling you not move to big city and go to party. Good luck. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay Jade that such awesome news. Wishing you all the best honey!

    Meg | Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Hears to many happy years ahead! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Sometimes you really do just have to go with your gut. I hope it all continues to be perfectly wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing post!!!!! Love it. Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a lovely post.....

    keep in touch
    www.hairfashionbeautyblog.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  9. such an amazing post.wish you all the best dear
    its always right to follow our guts
    keep intouch

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when energy guides you like this, it always feels so magical... I feel your giddiness, I hope this continues to blossom into everything you've hoped for and deserve.

    Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! Congratulations Jade. I am so happy for you. I learned to go with the flow instead of fighting with it and it really works. I wish you two a LOT of happiness and love. Stay happy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this post... I've read it twice now. So uplifting! xx

    emilar.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Jade , you are truly lucky to meet this person . and i know the feeling , so glad you didn't go on the road trip. Does he read your blog , cos you just expressed how you feel about him here.(that's one thing i find hard to do to someone i care about because i'm always shy to express them) Wishing you both good luck . Kisses.

    www.stylenbeautylounge.com

    ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow!! I loved reading this post. Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I agree... We should all follow our own instincts because they always guide us in the right direction <3

    http://www.thestylishbipolar.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful story. I felt like I was reading a novel. The universe works in amazing ways. We just have to be open and receiving to the signs. If we can just listen and follow our instincts, brilliant things happen.

    My story is similar but opposite. I actually moved to another country on a wing and a prayer. Found the love of my life and travelled to the far corners of the world. It's an amazing adventure that continues today. All because of the power of a single decision.

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your inner wisdom spoke and you listened! Yes! Love it! Sounds like love (real love) is in the air. So excited for you! :) T. http://tickledpinkwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice story! It is so nice to read about romance blossoming.
    Imagine if you had moved to the big city, you'd never have met this guy. Crazy thought.

    www.mystery-girl007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi dear, thanks for your lovely comment on my blog :) I started following you, now its your turn. Thank you :))
    http://szepsegpotty.blogspot.hu

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this post!! very sweet and inspirational :)


    spiceadvicexo.blospot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw, this is a lovely story. Well done on following your gut, you sound very happy :).

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg Jade, sitting here reading this has meant there's hope for me!! Sometimes things are meant to be and I'm happy you've found someone that seems very genuine, thankyou for sharing :) x
    x
    LauraThinksAbout

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've had similar things happening to me like these too..where following your gut or instincts take you to life changing situations.... and yes, I agree...always follow your gut... and you know when your gut is going to be right, right?
    nice to see you are so happy and in love... enjoy, embrace it... 'cause not everyone gets to be that lucky...
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy to hear it Jade! Keep me posted and perhaps I could get more details in a letter.. one day. :) One day, I know it's tough when we're so busy with real life!
    Enjoy this time with your new honey. The beginning is always so, so precious and exciting.. and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Jade and they say things happen for a reason hey. I am so happy for you, and like you said, you've got to trust your instincts and yours are hinting at some awesome shit indeed. I can't wait to see where this takes you in life, the direction you'll now go. I just hope you'll have some time for us now that you're all official and stuff. But I do, genuinely wish you and handsome bearded fellow all the very best.

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's amazing when it feels right. I met my husband and I knew on a second date that I was gonna marry him one day. We got married after 10 months, pretty quick! We are still happy many years down the track..
    www.minsbeautyequipment.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved reading this post hun xo When it`s right..... it`s so right.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - if you supply your blog page I will be sure to check it out and leave a comment in return!

Jade